Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

'Lil Red's pile'o'parts keeps growing!

Terminal mass is rapidly approaching for the D44, and the rest of her front end.

I hope the weather is good next week

I'm going to need a new pair of tires to get a proper alignment.

Seriously considering the Treadwright remanufactured Warden 2 premier wear

'Lil Red's pile'o'parts keeps growing!

Terminal mass is rapidly approaching for the D44, and the rest of her front end.

I hope the weather is good next week

Hope the weather holds, Jim! You are going to have a lot of fun! :nabble_smiley_good:

But don't know anything about Treadwright.

I don't know how your new computer is assembled, but I did mention conformal coating the motherboard.

Conductive dust from grinding, -or anything else- is death.

Try finding the problem *after* it happens....

Filters, or no, if I was building a shop computer it would be coated.

But I used to have access to a place that did batch refurbs of corporate computers coming off lease.

So at least I had someone (their floor manager) who would take it to bits and make it the most robust he could.

Didn't get the conformal coating. They didn't have that as an option. So I'm going to see what I can figure out in the way of filters on the intakes. The front pops off and I think I can put filter paper on it right in front of the intake fan. And there's a vent on top that I can put a filter on. Won't look pretty, but should be effective.

Didn't get the conformal coating. They didn't have that as an option. So I'm going to see what I can figure out in the way of filters on the intakes. The front pops off and I think I can put filter paper on it right in front of the intake fan. And there's a vent on top that I can put a filter on. Won't look pretty, but should be effective.

One hopes!

Pretty sure there are products you can apply yourself.

But -of course- that would mean taking it to bits...

I know one of the rocket guys (Adrian) was making data/GPS units and doing it.

I've heard of people having good and bad results with Treadwright. When the tires hold up people seem to think they're a great tire given the low price. But I've also heard of seriously bad tread separation in very little time.

(go to about the 4:00 mark in this YouTube video).

I'm not saying that bad quality is common with Treadwright. And maybe they're fixing whatever issues they've had. I'm just relaying what I've heard.

I've heard of people having good and bad results with Treadwright. When the tires hold up people seem to think they're a great tire given the low price. But I've also heard of seriously bad tread separation in very little time.

(go to about the 4:00 mark in this YouTube video).

I'm not saying that bad quality is common with Treadwright. And maybe they're fixing whatever issues they've had. I'm just relaying what I've heard.

I had asked if anyone had personal experience with them a couple of months back.

I've heard some of the same.

Others rave about them.

Given the New Year 10% discount PLUS! free road hazard warranty for January I think it's worth the chance.

Nobody seems to have problems with returns or getting new ones if they are out of round or won't balance.

This seems to be a QC issue they should have been on top of all along, but what do I know?

I had asked if anyone had personal experience with them a couple of months back.

I've heard some of the same.

Others rave about them.

Given the New Year 10% discount PLUS! free road hazard warranty for January I think it's worth the chance.

Nobody seems to have problems with returns or getting new ones if they are out of round or won't balance.

This seems to be a QC issue they should have been on top of all along, but what do I know?

The lift kit I run on my Ranger is HIGHLY known for snapping spindle snouts if you do anything other than drive down the road. My first set I hit a hidden tree stump in a mud hole going about 30 mph, and nothing happened to them. Sold them to another guy who ran them for a few years and sold the truck with no issues. My second set, I snapped a spindle after going too fast over an 8" shelf in the road surface. I suspect there was a hairline crack that was aggravated and finally let go. On my third set now, and the likelihood of me having an issue is similar to that of Treadwright tires, 50/50. Eventually I'll throw something more robust under the front end, but right now she's going fine, and I check the bearings and spindle snouts every few months just to try to catch any issues before they get worse. You have to do the same with Treadwrights.

.... Nobody seems to have problems with returns or getting new ones if they are out of round or won't balance....

Good point to mention. I haven't heard much about their customer service, but everything I've heard is good too.

Keep us updated on the treadwrights. Like you, Ive heard mixed reviews.

Personally, its hard for me to take that chance. Ive been looking up the cheap chinese mud tires that have been popping up everywhere recently.

Nankang (?) Is one of the brands. Dirt lifestyle on youtube has some reviews from driving and off roading with a set. This is probably the direction I will go for my next purchase. Online, ive seen 4 30x10.5x15s shipped for 600. I just bought a spare that cost me 300.

Ouch. Dont want to do that again.

https://www.hussale.com/mudstar-mt-radial-nankang-31-10-50-15

Keep us updated on the treadwrights. Like you, Ive heard mixed reviews.

Personally, its hard for me to take that chance. Ive been looking up the cheap chinese mud tires that have been popping up everywhere recently.

Nankang (?) Is one of the brands. Dirt lifestyle on youtube has some reviews from driving and off roading with a set. This is probably the direction I will go for my next purchase. Online, ive seen 4 30x10.5x15s shipped for 600. I just bought a spare that cost me 300.

Ouch. Dont want to do that again.

I'm running these on my Ranger, and have no complaints about them. These are my second set. They're not obnoxious for an MT, mileage seems to be okay, and they hold their own offroad. I can't justify spending $1200 for a name, since I previously ran Goodyear Duratracs and couldn't keep tread on them past 25k. These are cheaper, are a bigger size, and lasted almost twice as long as my Duratracs did.