Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I found this little gem for Bill this morning.....

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

I fixed my window crank and mounted my EZ-pass.

Hope to get those LED lights wired and installed after work.

Jim, you can keep that little "grenade", I would advertise it on FTE, there are people who like those. I already gave one away and have another one sitting in my shop. I am using the 1988-early 1990 oil to air cooler that mounts in front of the condensor.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary, from mid 1990 through the end of production on the 460 engines. The early one is the one I have on Darth and what they tried to set up on Big Blue.

I’m not out to shop yet, so haven’t checked the huck, but I think it was built in late 1990. So some of the engine oil heat exchangers were oil/air and some were oil/water? I’ll check as someone may want this. Or, it may go with the engine if I sell it.

As a utility light on the flatbed they work great.

I'll report back when I get them mounted on my truck.

I have not found the Zf plug. I haven't had time to get back there and search in daylight

I got my lights mounted and a harness installed, but not tapped in before the rain came.

I'll post pics of Posi-taps tomorrow, I guess.

IMG_20171118_141421.thumb.jpg.d752c0cac2cfd51f3c137ed1e4197a0b.jpg

IMG_20171118_141111.jpg.3ff94dac9218933385a9a0a3197febad.jpg

I got my lights mounted and a harness installed, but not tapped in before the rain came.

I'll post pics of Posi-taps tomorrow, I guess.

Lights look good. May have to do that.

As for what I did, the first part wasn't for my truck but Scott's 1978 F150 - Red. A few weeks ago I drove it and about had a heart attack when I hit the brakes as the pedal went almost to the floor and was soft. So he replaced the wheel cylinders and shoes and brought it over to bleed the brakes. After that we had a firm pedal but it was still near the floor.

Turned out that the adjuster between the booster and master needed adjusting. After we screwed it out quite a ways we put it back together and had just a teeny bit of play before the brakes started coming in. :nabble_smiley_good:

Then it was on to the "The Huck". My plan has been to pull the front suspension off of it so I can set the frame down on jack stands and then take the cab off with the lift. So today I got the front axles off and then most of the springs off.

DSCN2668.thumb.jpg.47c3ce20f2f9e5241a60fa02fa0f1448.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't get the rear bolt out of the passenger's-side spring due to it hitting the exhaust. :nabble_anim_confused:

DSCN2670.thumb.jpg.1ac77a32059c8efea2cba5a2bd932ae7.jpg

Anybody need a front axle? Springs?

Maybe we can get Bill to do a dissection and show the failure point(s)?

Kinda like when I cut the heater core in half on FTE to prove to the local experts there was no in and out.

Good idea! The one from the huck doesn’t appear to have failed, yet, so there’s nothing to see.