Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Yep, I kinda thought you forgot the gas. Don't ask why I know. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Aren't you glad you didn't start the rear floor welding. :nabble_smiley_wink:

There'll be days like this. And, in this case, my daddy said.

I think if it was the rear floor to rear panel I think I may have checked it out as I would have been sitting on a roll around stool.

Doing the welding from the under side I was on the creeper and had already been up & down off it a whole bunch just measuring, cutting and clamping the parts.

Call it lazy not to look into why the bad welds.

Dave ----

I hate welding upside down - which is why I built a rotisserie. But, as it turns out, I didn’t do the work so loaned it to my paint & body man, John.

As for what I did to my huck today, I got the transfer case out. And created a big mess. I’ve pulled the t-case off of many auto trannies and never had a problem. But ATF went everywhere when I pulled this one off the E4OD. 🙈

Yes, I hadn’t drained it. So I pulled some bolts out of the pan in order to drain it, and immediately had a leak. Now it is sitting there dribbling into the oil drain. Maybe tomorrow I can get the pan off.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate welding upside down - which is why I built a rotisserie. But, as it turns out, I didn’t do the work so loaned it to my paint & body man, John.

As for what I did to my huck today, I got the transfer case out. And created a big mess. I’ve pulled the t-case off of many auto trannies and never had a problem. But ATF went everywhere when I pulled this one off the E4OD. 🙈

Yes, I hadn’t drained it. So I pulled some bolts out of the pan in order to drain it, and immediately had a leak. Now it is sitting there dribbling into the oil drain. Maybe tomorrow I can get the pan off.

Do you have any idea how much fluid there is in an E4OD? 16.2 qts including the converter and after sitting a while the converter drains halfway down back into the pan. You wonder why it made a mess?

I gotta know how well those work. I almost took my new gate down today backing out as my backup lights are really, REALLY poor. Then I discovered they don't come on at all. :nabble_smiley_scared:

I already have 120 LED 1156's in my stock taillight housings and they are bright.

1Y000019

I bought these as work lights to mount low on the headache rack of the flatbed so you can see under the car you're trying to get hooks on.

The option of a pack of four 27W 2160 lumen lights for $25.66 delivered just seemed like I should get them @ $6.50 a piece.

If I do the rsk and put 350 blocks in the rear the stock lights will be up higher and the dark area due to the bumper will be bigger.

They certainly make a huge difference on the tow truck.

Sometimes eBay has better gems than Amazon.

I already have 120 LED 1156's in my stock taillight housings and they are bright.

1Y000019

I bought these as work lights to mount low on the headache rack of the flatbed so you can see under the car you're trying to get hooks on.

The option of a pack of four 27W 2160 lumen lights for $25.66 delivered just seemed like I should get them @ $6.50 a piece.

If I do the rsk and put 350 blocks in the rear the stock lights will be up higher and the dark area due to the bumper will be bigger.

They certainly make a huge difference on the tow truck.

Sometimes eBay has better gems than Amazon.

I’ll await your findings. Or, are you saying you’ve already installed some of them?

But, I obviously need to figure out why I don’t have backup lights. If it is the connection to the T19 that’ll be another reason to get the ZF5 installed. Oh, wait - did you find that harness? I’ve forgotten what all I have. 😬

I’ll await your findings. Or, are you saying you’ve already installed some of them?

But, I obviously need to figure out why I don’t have backup lights. If it is the connection to the T19 that’ll be another reason to get the ZF5 installed. Oh, wait - did you find that harness? I’ve forgotten what all I have. 😬

As a utility light on the flatbed they work great.

I'll report back when I get them mounted on my truck.

I have not found the Zf plug. I haven't had time to get back there and search in daylight

As a utility light on the flatbed they work great.

I'll report back when I get them mounted on my truck.

I have not found the Zf plug. I haven't had time to get back there and search in daylight

Jim - No problem.

So, what did I do today? First, I spent quite a bit of time talking to people about building an E4OD, as described in An E4OD For Dad's Truck.

Then I talked with Trick Flow about their intake. I'd been looking at pictures on their website that show the upper plenum pointed right, and that concerned me. But, as it turns out the upper plenum can go on either way. :nabble_smiley_good:

And after that I started pulling parts off the huck. Got the cooling system drained, the hoses off, and the radiator out. Then the A/C condenser was disconnected and removed, followed by the tranny cooler. Finally I pulled the radiator support off. (Bill - Don't miss my note to you about the hardware I have. You may not need to ship me any.)

Last, off came the front sway bar and crossmember. And then I listed it on here for Darin/Oz first and then whomever.

Jim - No problem.

So, what did I do today? First, I spent quite a bit of time talking to people about building an E4OD, as described in An E4OD For Dad's Truck.

Then I talked with Trick Flow about their intake. I'd been looking at pictures on their website that show the upper plenum pointed right, and that concerned me. But, as it turns out the upper plenum can go on either way. :nabble_smiley_good:

And after that I started pulling parts off the huck. Got the cooling system drained, the hoses off, and the radiator out. Then the A/C condenser was disconnected and removed, followed by the tranny cooler. Finally I pulled the radiator support off. (Bill - Don't miss my note to you about the hardware I have. You may not need to ship me any.)

Last, off came the front sway bar and crossmember. And then I listed it on here for Darin/Oz first and then whomever.

I found this little gem for Bill this morning.....

IMG_20171118_064556.thumb.jpg.db06ef6679d0fea283de700b4cad220c.jpg

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

I fixed my window crank and mounted my EZ-pass.

Hope to get those LED lights wired and installed after work.