Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

We need to find a good source of silicone-based vacuum caps.

Hopefully someone has a good source!

I’m going to try these hypalon caps by Pico Wiring. Hypalon is supposed to be heat, chemical and UV resistant.

http://www.picowiring.com/pdf/Cat-4.pdf

You can get in there and find the catalog. I’ve used their products before. A local parts store used to carry their products.

I’m going to try these hypalon caps by Pico Wiring. Hypalon is supposed to be heat, chemical and UV resistant.

http://www.picowiring.com/pdf/Cat-4.pdf

You can get in there and find the catalog. I’ve used their products before. A local parts store used to carry their products.

They look good, but I didn't figure out the price on the black ones. So let us know what you think of them as well as the price, please.

They look good, but I didn't figure out the price on the black ones. So let us know what you think of them as well as the price, please.

Two weekends ago, a friend and I removed the 4V Holley from my 400 and took it apart a bit... there's a tiny orifice through which vacuum flows (for the secondaries actuator) between two castings... there's a gasket in that recess that turned to mush and blocked the flow, hence the 4Vs never opening. That carburetor was rebuilt less than 2 years ago, sheesh, that didn't last long.

We replaced it with a rubber O-ring from the hardware store but it's probably not fuel-resistant so I don't really know how long it's going to last, but it gets the truck going and answers a question.

Thanks for you guys' help! :)

Two weekends ago, a friend and I removed the 4V Holley from my 400 and took it apart a bit... there's a tiny orifice through which vacuum flows (for the secondaries actuator) between two castings... there's a gasket in that recess that turned to mush and blocked the flow, hence the 4Vs never opening. That carburetor was rebuilt less than 2 years ago, sheesh, that didn't last long.

We replaced it with a rubber O-ring from the hardware store but it's probably not fuel-resistant so I don't really know how long it's going to last, but it gets the truck going and answers a question.

Thanks for you guys' help! :)

Does your truck run properly now?

Does your truck run properly now?

It's been parked for ~2 weeks now so the best I can say is that "it ran well when parked." ;)

Seriously... it's been parked for ~2 weeks now (went to Chicago last week) I should start it up and see how it behaves.. I'm betting the choke still needs adjusting. This is my only 4WD vehicle and it has snowed twice already with another 4-8" coming this weekend, and it's not even Halloween yet....

It's been parked for ~2 weeks now so the best I can say is that "it ran well when parked." ;)

Seriously... it's been parked for ~2 weeks now (went to Chicago last week) I should start it up and see how it behaves.. I'm betting the choke still needs adjusting. This is my only 4WD vehicle and it has snowed twice already with another 4-8" coming this weekend, and it's not even Halloween yet....

You won't need the secondaries in the snow. :nabble_smiley_evil:

You won't need the secondaries in the snow. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Actually, with stock (pizza cutter) tires, sometimes letting it dig to solid ground is the answer.

And, definitely around here, you need to keep the tread from packing solid.

Otherwise you're on slicks, no matter your tread pattern.