Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

.... Bob - I like that switch. :nabble_smiley_good: But how will you label it? Something like "Parallel" and "Engine Parallel"?

The switch, switch plate and indicator light came with the Wrangler Power Products dual battery system I had on my '95 F-150 (I told you about their single tray that holds two batteries in the location of the stock single battery). I pulled that off that truck when I sold it. That was the source of the continuous duty relay I put on the motorhome last year as well.

I think the switch plate is marked something like "Dual On" for the normal mode (when the relay gets power from the truck battery, but only when the engine is running), "Dual Off" (which should be pretty obvious :nabble_smiley_beam:) and "Emergency" for the jump start mode (when it gets power from the camper battery).

The indicator LED lights up green when it's in the "Dual On" mode and the engine is running, it's off when the switch is off (and when the switch is in "Dual On" and the engine is off) and it's red when the switch is on "Emergency." I have the switch located on the lower left part of the dash, pretty close to the e.brake release, so it's not very easy to see. I really can't read the labels at all from the driver's seat, but if I lean the right way I can see the light. So I'll really go more by the light than by the labels.

.... Bob - I like that switch. :nabble_smiley_good: But how will you label it? Something like "Parallel" and "Engine Parallel"?

The switch, switch plate and indicator light came with the Wrangler Power Products dual battery system I had on my '95 F-150 (I told you about their single tray that holds two batteries in the location of the stock single battery). I pulled that off that truck when I sold it. That was the source of the continuous duty relay I put on the motorhome last year as well.

I think the switch plate is marked something like "Dual On" for the normal mode (when the relay gets power from the truck battery, but only when the engine is running), "Dual Off" (which should be pretty obvious :nabble_smiley_beam:) and "Emergency" for the jump start mode (when it gets power from the camper battery).

The indicator LED lights up green when it's in the "Dual On" mode and the engine is running, it's off when the switch is off (and when the switch is in "Dual On" and the engine is off) and it's red when the switch is on "Emergency." I have the switch located on the lower left part of the dash, pretty close to the e.brake release, so it's not very easy to see. I really can't read the labels at all from the driver's seat, but if I lean the right way I can see the light. So I'll really go more by the light than by the labels.

I think those labels and the light work very well. :nabble_smiley_good:

It took a bit, but I finally found a link to the Wrangler Power Products site instead of people hawking their wares. And here's a link to their catalog. Guess I'll look it over.

I installed my "calibrated" oil pressure gauge in Darth, success! 0 psi is on the red line at the left side, 50 psi is centered between R and M in NORMAL, 25 psi is on the N. So I can get an idea without trying to look at the mechanical on the bottom of the dash at night with no light on it.

Is there a write-up you referenced for this? With a new engine going in and a warranty to worry about, I'm thinking about adding a gauge so I actually know what's going on.

So, your good phone went for a ride to you don't know where? And you are on an old phone running LineageOS? What browser? And how does the site look? Hope it works. Been missing you.

That's a nice looking motorhome. What's different between the standard and commercial versions of the V10? What tranny does it run?

And "Banks at both ends"? A supercharger and a turbo? Or did I misunderstand?

https://itstillruns.com/ford-v10-horsepower-specifications-7525198.html

WDIDTMTT?

I think I broke a valve spring.

Must be driving too hard.

It sounds that way and has a low idle.

I'll check later.

https://itstillruns.com/ford-v10-horsepower-specifications-7525198.htmlWDIDTMTT?I think I broke a valve spring.Must be driving too hard.It sounds that way and has a low idle.I'll check later.
Bummer!
Gary and All,Hope that I am not misusing the forum but I do would appreciate your help as the locals. 

We are currently setting up a Harley Davidson tour cruising California from June 25th to July 6th 2020. 

We are a bunch of 5 from Germany and we are looking for some local recommendations next to the touristic hotspots. 

Are there any events around old trucks or motorbikes in California during that period that you recommend? We plan a big circle from San Francisco through San Luis Obispo, Sequoia, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Red Bluff, Fortuna and back to SF. 

Any hint and reco is welcomed. 

Thanks and best regards

Jochen

Jochen - I see no problem using the forum for this. But you might want to start your own thread so any responses can be easily seen and you can find them later.

And, I have another suggestion. We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and there are members on the map that live in the area you mentioned. One of the features of the map is an "Email" option. Just click on the green pin for the member and then click on the Email link on the left.

I installed my "calibrated" oil pressure gauge in Darth, success! 0 psi is on the red line at the left side, 50 psi is centered between R and M in NORMAL, 25 psi is on the N. So I can get an idea without trying to look at the mechanical on the bottom of the dash at night with no light on it.

Is there a write-up you referenced for this? With a new engine going in and a warranty to worry about, I'm thinking about adding a gauge so I actually know what's going on.

No write up, the earlier gauges used a variable resistance sender, I simply removed the pointer from a later gauge that has a nice extended sleeve on the coil assembly to stabilize the shaft against shock. Keep in mind this is a 1992-96/7 dash and cluster. These originally had an oil pressure switch that is open with no pressure and closed with 5-10 psi pressure and a resistor in series on the back of the cluster printed circuit to put the gauge at 1/2 scale as soon as the switch closes.

The original information was on FTE, but the "gauges" vary in response so I set it so it is on the red line, key on engine off, and used my mechanical gauge to "calibrate" where the pressures were.

https://itstillruns.com/ford-v10-horsepower-specifications-7525198.htmlWDIDTMTT?I think I broke a valve spring.Must be driving too hard.It sounds that way and has a low idle.I'll check later.
Bummer!
Gary quick question,We are currently trying to get the windshild back into the 72 truck from my friend. We are having difficulties to get the rubber seal  and the chrome strips onto the glass atvthe same time. 

Any tricks or advice from you?

Best regards

Viele GrüßeJochen

0157 7407 5503