Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Cool! What color are you going to paint it?

On the plugs, which ignition system will you run? If that will be the '86 ignition system then you use the recommended gap for it.

I was thinking the same thing.

Could start with that gap and work your way up to see what works best.

Dave ----

For me every now 10 weeks, was 12 weeks, I need a shot in 1 of my eyes for the rest of my life if I want to keep it.

I like my eye(s) I have grown to like them :nabble_smiley_wink:

Dave ----

That sends chills up my spine every time you say that! Yipes! That's not something I'd want to do, but I do agree that eyeS are a very good thing, so like you I'd do it if I had to. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Beautiful!! Have you started a thread so we can follow your progress? I sure want to follow along.

WHYDTYTT?

I would like to say I drove it.... you know... one of these days.

I made an attempt at making leather seat belt guards. I used a thicker tooling leather and though I gave them 1.5mm on each side for clearance, after stitching the final slot was too small for the belts. So I ether need to thin the leather a bit or gap it using a thin leather shim. may be a bit of both.

WHYDTYTT?

I would like to say I drove it.... you know... one of these days.

Told my wife the other day that with everything that has come up I haven’t worked on the truck like I wanted. But I have used it, so shouldn’t complain!

I installed my "calibrated" oil pressure gauge in Darth, success! 0 psi is on the red line at the left side, 50 psi is centered between R and M in NORMAL, 25 psi is on the N. So I can get an idea without trying to look at the mechanical on the bottom of the dash at night with no light on it.

I installed my "calibrated" oil pressure gauge in Darth, success! 0 psi is on the red line at the left side, 50 psi is centered between R and M in NORMAL, 25 psi is on the N. So I can get an idea without trying to look at the mechanical on the bottom of the dash at night with no light on it.

Well done, Bill. :nabble_anim_claps: I fully understand the issues of looking down to see the aftermarket gauges. Even though Big Blue's are lighted, they are still hard to see.

That's good to know. Mine runs right in the middle of the "M" when cruising, and in the middle of the "R" at hot idle. I think that's pretty good, but it IS a freshly built engine. I seem to recall them telling me it was at 55 psi during my dyno/break-in day.