Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I see the little bench you're using for a step into the engine bay.

How do you like it? It isn't too tall?

Looks about the same as the HF one that goes on sale all the time.

I have an adjustable drywall bench that I might just have to give a try....

I picked up a pair of those from Lowe's a few years back for painting our garage ceiling. Used them shortly after when a friend came over to tune in the carb on the 85 460. They worked/work great - gave us both plenty of stable room to stand that spanned across the front of the truck. A worthwhile investment that beats working hunched over with your knees on the core support or slipping off the front bumper.

I have a wheel step that I use when I remember to pull it out.

I also have a drywall bench that adjusts from about 18-32".

I'm going to give that a try (if I remember)

Edit: 18-30"

https://www.all-wall.com/7746-WB31016-Wal-Board-Walk-Up-Bench-01-1k.jpg

I have a wheel step that I use when I remember to pull it out.

I also have a drywall bench that adjusts from about 18-32".

I'm going to give that a try (if I remember)

Edit: 18-30"

https://www.all-wall.com/7746-WB31016-Wal-Board-Walk-Up-Bench-01-1k.jpg

Morning! Y'all been getting some work done. New tires, clean parts. I'm jealous.

As for WHYDTYTT, nada as the day is still quite young. But hopefully after church I'll get it unloaded from the show and settle in for the afternoon/evening and post some pics from the show.

Man Shaun!

Those are some big meats.

Cool to have the 350 off blocks. :nabble_smiley_cool:

What do you wipe off the pic next to the avatar?

Is that some FB thing, where you can't use the image because once you post it, it's theirs?

The tires make my Ranger look tiny, and so did the loading dock at work. haha.

I took the picture through Instagram, but didn't back the picture up on my phone, so the only way to post it here was to screenshot my phone. I wipe off usernames just as a privacy thing. Kinda like when people cover up their license plates in photos, even though I feel that is a futile effort.

I spent some time yesterday trying to rehab a junkyard washer/coolant reservoir. I've had a really hard time finding one of these that was usable. This one below is the closest I've found yet. Cleaned it out (it was black and filthy with 35 years of grime), installed new washer fluid pump, and painted the top cover satin black. I'm just going to silicone it back together (Black RTV back in original locations) and I'll have it ready for when I get the truck back on Tuesday.

IMG_8743.jpg.f12e2640ea68ab2fd2b9909e69e27949.jpg

IMG_8744.jpg.89f79327081cd1d704bbff430eda9497.jpg

It's not perfect, but at least my truck will have a correct reservoir with a working pump.

I spent some time yesterday trying to rehab a junkyard washer/coolant reservoir. I've had a really hard time finding one of these that was usable. This one below is the closest I've found yet. Cleaned it out (it was black and filthy with 35 years of grime), installed new washer fluid pump, and painted the top cover satin black. I'm just going to silicone it back together (Black RTV back in original locations) and I'll have it ready for when I get the truck back on Tuesday.

It's not perfect, but at least my truck will have a correct reservoir with a working pump.

Today I knocked a couple more things off of my small items list, one of which was making some OEM style brake line brackets for the frame. The ones on F250 and F350 4x4 trucks are a very simple design, so three bends and four holes later I have new brackets that mirror the factory ones.

I also started work on the 4x4 light harness. I need to source a connector for the lock switch, as well as the one for the back of the fuse box and that harness will be done.

I've been contemplating adding dual tanks to my truck, and luckily my donor cab was a dual tank truck, so I've stripped all of the dual tank wiring from my bricknose dash harness and will use it for my new dual tank harness. All the colors were the same and so were the pins for the switch connectors, so a simple re-pin converted my bricknose switch connector to a bullnose switch connector. I'll probably have to make the rest of the harness myself since I'm not willing to pull an entire light/fuel harness from a donor truck just for five or so wires.

Looks good! Mine had a broken tab, and the top was cracked in multiple places so I'll be on the lookout for a replacement as well.

Today I knocked a couple more things off of my small items list, one of which was making some OEM style brake line brackets for the frame. The ones on F250 and F350 4x4 trucks are a very simple design, so three bends and four holes later I have new brackets that mirror the factory ones.

I also started work on the 4x4 light harness. I need to source a connector for the lock switch, as well as the one for the back of the fuse box and that harness will be done.

I've been contemplating adding dual tanks to my truck, and luckily my donor cab was a dual tank truck, so I've stripped all of the dual tank wiring from my bricknose dash harness and will use it for my new dual tank harness. All the colors were the same and so were the pins for the switch connectors, so a simple re-pin converted my bricknose switch connector to a bullnose switch connector. I'll probably have to make the rest of the harness myself since I'm not willing to pull an entire light/fuel harness from a donor truck just for five or so wires.

Looks good! Mine had a broken tab, and the top was cracked in multiple places so I'll be on the lookout for a replacement as well.

Shaun - I didn't realize the later harness could be used. That's good to know.

And, good job! :nabble_smiley_good:

Shaun - I didn't realize the later harness could be used. That's good to know.

And, good job! :nabble_smiley_good:

Technically it can't. The fuel tank switch on a bricknose is located next to the headlight switch, which means the harness is too short for the bullnose switch location. I am going to have to add at least 12" of wire for each color just to get to the firewall. And then from there the rest of the harness will have to be scratch built, although I intend to use Ford connectors and terminals.

I remember being hesitant to do any kind of wiring on my brown truck, but here I am basically having to build my main wiring harness from scratch. The fact that I'm doing it the right (Ford recommended) way and with heat shrink and solder makes it a very time consuming, but also very rewarding process.

Technically it can't. The fuel tank switch on a bricknose is located next to the headlight switch, which means the harness is too short for the bullnose switch location. I am going to have to add at least 12" of wire for each color just to get to the firewall. And then from there the rest of the harness will have to be scratch built, although I intend to use Ford connectors and terminals.

I remember being hesitant to do any kind of wiring on my brown truck, but here I am basically having to build my main wiring harness from scratch. The fact that I'm doing it the right (Ford recommended) way and with heat shrink and solder makes it a very time consuming, but also very rewarding process.

Not only time-consuming and rewarding, but reliable. It will work when you get done and for decades afterward. :nabble_smiley_good:

That is how I did the harnesses on Darth, the worst was the rear chassis harness. The bricknose donor was a standard cab long bed so in order to use the rear harness I had to add 35" to the portion forward of the front tank and behind the transmission.

If you or anyone else needs it I have a fairly complete rear chassis harness from a 1986 crew cab with electric pumps.

That is how I did the harnesses on Darth, the worst was the rear chassis harness. The bricknose donor was a standard cab long bed so in order to use the rear harness I had to add 35" to the portion forward of the front tank and behind the transmission.

If you or anyone else needs it I have a fairly complete rear chassis harness from a 1986 crew cab with electric pumps.

Luckily I've already rebuilt most of the rear harness, with exception to the fuel tanks. Thanks for the offer though.