Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Small steps are still progress Shaun, and Progress is Good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Glad to know I've made some contribution to the forum. (apologies for the formatting)

It sounds like your harness is coming together.

Keep chipping away -or peeling those onions- and you'll have it done soon enough.

Thanks Jim!

I think all that is left is the fuel sending unit plug, the alternator harness, and the wiring for the ignition system. Oh and grounds. Those are important too. Haha.

I try to do something each day, but the list of things to do without having to buy something is getting smaller. Haha. Gonna have to start ordering parts now that I finally bought new tires for my Ranger.

Small steps are still progress Shaun, and Progress is Good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Glad to know I've made some contribution to the forum. (apologies for the formatting)

It sounds like your harness is coming together.

Keep chipping away -or peeling those onions- and you'll have it done soon enough.

Thanks Jim!

I think all that is left is the fuel sending unit plug, the alternator harness, and the wiring for the ignition system. Oh and grounds. Those are important too. Haha.

I try to do something each day, but the list of things to do without having to buy something is getting smaller. Haha. Gonna have to start ordering parts now that I finally bought new tires for my Ranger.

Ranger got herself some new tires, which means my F350 got herself some 35" roll arounds. And now I can start working on the major things for the F350.

20190921_133223.thumb.png.04a1bc6fc8222fb4413b59dfe8e2788d.png

Anybody notice the 80-81 Bullnose decal on my back window?

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Ranger got herself some new tires, which means my F350 got herself some 35" roll arounds. And now I can start working on the major things for the F350.

While y'all are having fun this weekend, I'm making progress on the tear down and cleanup. Getting rid of a whole lot of years of oil leaks. Next up is to start tearing down the front suspension.

IMG_20190921_120411.thumb.jpg.b13e7882c655a7e60abaa0449f545d0a.jpg

IMG_20190921_120401.jpg.9f0428e30152fef47148964db01b0587.jpg

IMG_20190921_120359.jpg.172f3bc14b409952f6e89c0b56243f5e.jpg

Shocking how dirty everything gets isn't it?...

No joke there, especially with the oil leaks.

Got a lot done. My wife chipped in for a few hours and my Dad and Father in law were around for the day. Got the engine bay about 90% clean, just need to catch the bottom of the crossmember. I think the trans lost about 10lbs of grease and is mostly repainted. Got the front suspension torn apart, I beam bushings and ball joints replaced. Just need to clean up suspension parts and start painting everything before it goes back in. Definitely a good day of progress.

IMG_20190921_183424.thumb.jpg.c070017fe19dddbd17ea25a8d82bc20c.jpg

IMG_20190921_183415.thumb.jpg.790ef11a88c5dd9b850ad061cdf7c214.jpg

IMG_20190921_172124.thumb.jpg.844b631358f6b2f318035aec787efb6a.jpg

IMG_20190921_171905.thumb.jpg.35a9fe7ca33fc678b291b4b8acd68619.jpg

No joke there, especially with the oil leaks.

Got a lot done. My wife chipped in for a few hours and my Dad and Father in law were around for the day. Got the engine bay about 90% clean, just need to catch the bottom of the crossmember. I think the trans lost about 10lbs of grease and is mostly repainted. Got the front suspension torn apart, I beam bushings and ball joints replaced. Just need to clean up suspension parts and start painting everything before it goes back in. Definitely a good day of progress.

You've got a good woman there if she's willing to clean dirty greasy parts for you, you should be doing the dishes for a month!

I see the little bench you're using for a step into the engine bay.

How do you like it? It isn't too tall?

Looks about the same as the HF one that goes on sale all the time.

I have an adjustable drywall bench that I might just have to give a try....

Man Shaun!

Those are some big meats.

Cool to have the 350 off blocks. :nabble_smiley_cool:

What do you wipe off the pic next to the avatar?

Is that some FB thing, where you can't use the image because once you post it, it's theirs?

I see the little bench you're using for a step into the engine bay.

How do you like it? It isn't too tall?

Looks about the same as the HF one that goes on sale all the time.

I have an adjustable drywall bench that I might just have to give a try....

I picked up a pair of those from Lowe's a few years back for painting our garage ceiling. Used them shortly after when a friend came over to tune in the carb on the 85 460. They worked/work great - gave us both plenty of stable room to stand that spanned across the front of the truck. A worthwhile investment that beats working hunched over with your knees on the core support or slipping off the front bumper.