Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Dave - Got it. Thanks for the explanation. And, by the way, those "silver dots" sure look uniform. :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim - You are one busy guy. That F450 is going to a whole bunch of good homes. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for what I did to my "huck", I removed the driver's door. Had forgotten how heavy a full-loaded door, with glass and power window/lock mechanisms, is. Or, maybe I'm getting old? :nabble_smiley_uh: Also pulled the 'puter and its mounting bracket out of the truck, along with the parking brake mechanism. Bit by bit.......

Then, I actually did a bit of test-fitting on Dad's truck. Looks like there's an absolutely perfect spot for the 'puter under the seat base that'll hold the Bronco buckets. Right next to the hole in the floor where the original computer wires came through. :nabble_smiley_good:

What computer was in the 1982 trucks? Besides I thought Dad's was a 1981?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What computer was in the 1982 trucks? Besides I thought Dad's was a 1981?

Dad's truck is an '81, but the cab was rusted badly. Ford didn't seal the transmission cover and it had been leaking since new. So the passenger's floor was gone. And the cab corners were gone.

But, I had the cab from Brownie, the '82, and it was in good shape. So, we used it. And it originally had an early EEC system with feedback carb and maybe even TFI, although I'm not sure. But it must have had some computer-controlled dizzy as by the time I got it the carb had been literally thrown away and a points-type dizzy installed. But the EEC was still under the driver's seat.

It's the cordless angle grinder, with an .045" disc that really makes the combo with the 1380 inch pound brushless quarter inch impact and the big half inch that bill and I both have.

I've got to say the DeWalt 1820 adapter with the 20V Max XR 5Ah batteries really add some oomph to the older 18V tools.

And *this* is why Theo needs a new cab.

IMG_20171105_112202.thumb.jpg.8c356f82fd667a128136bda8cbf0b026.jpg

Well, three am and the cab is on the truck.

IMG_20171107_025906.jpg.1a8d12970c6a22fcf0d37ea27c3a7514.jpg

I guess I'm starting my truck day early.

Dad's truck is an '81, but the cab was rusted badly. Ford didn't seal the transmission cover and it had been leaking since new. So the passenger's floor was gone. And the cab corners were gone.

But, I had the cab from Brownie, the '82, and it was in good shape. So, we used it. And it originally had an early EEC system with feedback carb and maybe even TFI, although I'm not sure. But it must have had some computer-controlled dizzy as by the time I got it the carb had been literally thrown away and a points-type dizzy installed. But the EEC was still under the driver's seat.

Ahh, understood, probably an EEC-III system, real nightmare to work on, no real diagnostic connector and on a V8 the strangest distributor cap and rotor you have ever seen, used a special 3 plug DS module and a crank trigger. What diameter is the hole in the floor?

Ahh, understood, probably an EEC-III system, real nightmare to work on, no real diagnostic connector and on a V8 the strangest distributor cap and rotor you have ever seen, used a special 3 plug DS module and a crank trigger. What diameter is the hole in the floor?

3 AM? Ouch! But, well done!

Bill - I’ll check the hole size later - working on my 2nd cup at the mo and catching up with the early risers.

Bill - I’ll check the hole size later - working on my 2nd cup at the mo and catching up with the early risers.

Bill - The hole is 3 3/4" in diameter. But John put a plate over it, so I can cut that down to take whatever right-angle grommets you can find.

I wired new lights into the flatbed yesterday, and have my friend (a Wehlen tech) coming to repattern the light bar.

I'm getting set up to do some porting.

I'll post pics in the 460 thread.

I wired new lights into the flatbed yesterday, and have my friend (a Wehlen tech) coming to repattern the light bar.

I'm getting set up to do some porting.

I'll post pics in the 460 thread.

Finally you are getting to do some work for yourself. 👍

As for me and my trucks, nada. I won’t bore you with the back-to-back things that had me completely worn out at the end of the day. But as we left town on a very tight schedule I dropped off the ‘84 and ‘85 EVTM’s at the shipping/printing/scanning place. And as we drove by coming home at the end of the day I picked up the thumb drive with the ‘85 on it and will get the ‘84 today.

In a few days I’ll add those two EVTM’s to the site. And at that point we will lack the 1980, ‘82, and ‘83 from having a full set. An advantage of having a full set is that it gives us more insight into when changes were made. And one of those that needs exploring is, as Bill suggested, the 460 fuel systems. Maybe with the master parts catalog, the TSB’s, and the EVTM’s we can document the various versions and help people determine what they have and how it is plumbed & wired.