Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Still nothing obvious, but with sneakers on I can feel the cracking/popping sound in my feet.

I think I need to check the exhaust.

WHYDTYTT? Nada. Zip. Nothing.

But, much of the day has been Ford-truck related.

After a meeting at church, wherein I reminded people that the show is in just less than two weeks, I spent the rest of the morning distributing flyers for the show around town. The town isn't that big, but it took a while as many of the people I met wanted to talk. Some of it was about the show, some about trucks, and one guy started his 460 to let me hear the exhaust note. Another guy, a member on here but who is AWOL, talked about the 418 Windsor he's planning on ordering, which will have a 4 3/8" stroke and 600 ft-lbs. At another stop I asked about Steve/FoxFord33 but was told this is his day off. The last stop was at Ron's Hamburgers, so I had to take lunch home. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Then it was time to pull out the left over goodies from last year to see what I might need to seek more of. Turns out the "window/windshield cards" were in short supply, and since they came from LMC I called my contact there to make sure she includes more of them in the stuff she's supposed to send. But, she no longer works there, and the lady that took over didn't have our show on the list. So I resubmitted that request. :nabble_smiley_cry:

And, I also realized that while I have goody bags from Summit I'd not hit them up this year. So I called them and after a series of false starts was finally transferred to the Car Show Kit voice recording. (Or so I thought.) At that extension a lady reads the list of needed info in order to supply a kit, and that includes reading aloud an email address.

So I created yet another email with all the info they were looking for and sent it. And it bounced. So I called and listened again: carshowkit@summitracing.com. Yep, that's where I sent it. So I called and after waiting a while drew someone who expected me to order something. But when I explained what had happened he transferred me to Customer Support. And many minutes later they answered, listened to my story, and went off the investigate. When she came back she said "The address is carshowkitS@summitracing.com. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I called the folks that make the trophies. After several telephone calls they are now on order and are to be delivered late next week, if not early the week of the show. :nabble_smiley_oh:

And between those calls I counted blank ballots (62) and ballots used in '18 (63). That's not enough 'cause all y'all say you'se guys are coming, so I ordered another 50 - to be available for pickup late next week or early the week of the show.

Tonight at church I'll ask the lady making the t-shirts where that stands, and also check with the lady who is coordinating the 'utes on the concessions.

Having said all that 'bout Fords, I also got a text message from Janey's cousin that my trip to Grove to fetch his '65 Malibu back for John Keeline to work on is back on the calendar. So, my newest Ford is going to be doing what Fords do best - haul a Chevrolet. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I think I'll call it a day, y'all. :nabble_waving_orig:

Still nothing obvious, but with sneakers on I can feel the cracking/popping sound in my feet.

I think I need to check the exhaust.

Welp, a torn left motor mount and transmission mount would cause the transfer case to smack the floor beneath the driver....

Like I said, maybe I shouldn't beat on it SO hard. :nabble_waving_orig:

Welp, a torn left motor mount and transmission mount would cause the transfer case to smack the floor beneath the driver....

Like I said, maybe I shouldn't beat on it SO hard. :nabble_waving_orig:

That would explain the feeling through the floor. Do you have the heat shields on the motor mounts?

The last stop was at Ron's Hamburgers, so I had to take lunch home. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I called the folks that make the trophies. After several telephone calls they are now on order and are to be delivered late next week, if not early the week of the show. :nabble_smiley_oh:

And between those calls I counted blank ballots (62) and ballots used in '18 (63). That's not enough 'cause all y'all say you'se guys are coming, so I ordered another 50 - to be available for pickup late next week or early the week of the show.

Tonight at church I'll ask the lady making the t-shirts where that stands, and also check with the lady who is coordinating the 'utes on the concessions.

#1. Cheeseburgers with chili? :nabble_smiley_good:

#2. Gary, place a basket on the registration table and allow each of us [forum members] to place $5 or $10 to help cover the costs as this should not fall on you. :nabble_anim_handshake:

The last stop was at Ron's Hamburgers, so I had to take lunch home. :nabble_smiley_wink:

#1. Cheeseburgers with chili? :nabble_smiley_good:

#2. Gary, place a basket on the registration table and allow each of us [forum members] to place $5 or $10 to help cover the costs as this should not fall on you. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Just hamburgers/cheeseburgers. But they were good!

Thanks, David. I appreciate it. But I enjoy making this happen, so it isn’t too much of a burden.