Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Jim - We aren't planning on installing it at the show. Maybe powder coat it, but not install.

Bill - I know you know it, but for the others: 2bbl and 4bbl carbs are rated at different levels of vacuum for CFM. The 1 and 2bbl carbs were rated at 3.0", and 4bbl's are rated at 1.5" of vacuum. So, to convert a 4bbl rating to a 2bbl, or for that matter a 1bbl, you multiply by 1.414.

So, to use 2bbl carbs to replace the 715 CFM 4bbl on Bill's Shelby you'd need several 2bbl carbs rated at a total of 1011 CFM. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Wikipedia says the smallest 2150 had a 1.08" venturi and flowed 287 CFM. Two of them would be 574 CFM, but that's only 406 CFM if it were a 4bbl, and that's a very little 4bbl.

Compare that to what I've read is the Carter YF's rating of 196 CFM. So two 2150's would have the capacity of three YF's. Sounds about right. :nabble_smiley_wink:

That is why I always liked Weber carbs, they size things by the cylinder displacement and run 1 barrel per cylinder.

Wikipedia is wrong, I have seen .98 on a 2100 before. 1.01 was the standard 302 version, if you want a real monster find a 1966 410 Mercury carb, 1.33 on it, 429 1971 2 barrel 1.21.

That is why I always liked Weber carbs, they size things by the cylinder displacement and run 1 barrel per cylinder.

Wikipedia is wrong, I have seen .98 on a 2100 before. 1.01 was the standard 302 version, if you want a real monster find a 1966 410 Mercury carb, 1.33 on it, 429 1971 2 barrel 1.21.

Bill,

I don't lust for much anything, but the sound (and smoothness) of my great uncles '66 Ferrari 330 GT 2+2 was almost orgasmic.

Those Weber's on a V-12, when properly synched, would pull like a locomotive all the way to redline.

(He lived out his golden years not too far from Gary, in Broken Arrow, when it was new)

I've never worked on one, but I certainly like the concept of having progressive 2bbl's. However, Webers are 'spensive. And "foreign", at least to me. I can build a 2150.

Bill - Wiki said 1.08 on 2150's. 2100's did have a wider range.

Jim - Where we lived in PA there was a V12, and he'd light it up every once in a while. MAN! I like a sweet-sounding V8, but nothing comes close to the prancing horse when it gets wound up.

I could use the marker just on the carb and the scribe wouldn't do any real damage. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm sure at one point we'll want to do that. Good idea.

'bout as good an idea as shooting black spray paint up inside a convoluted manifold for port matching.

It's these little strokes of genius (or experience) that make life a little easier.... :nabble_smiley_wink:

'bout as good an idea as shooting black spray paint up inside a convoluted manifold for port matching.

It's these little strokes of genius (or experience) that make life a little easier.... :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gasket matching can sometimes leave you too big, or cutting on the 'wrong' part of the port for best flow.. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Um,

you know who Weber owns, don't you? :nabble_anim_confused:

Wikipedia says "Weber is an Italian company which produces carburetors; it is owned by Magneti Marelli Powertrain S.p.A., which is in turn part of Marelli. Carburetor production in Italy ended in 1992 when Weber shifted carburetor production to Madrid, Spain, where it continues today.[1]"

Wikipedia says "Weber is an Italian company which produces carburetors; it is owned by Magneti Marelli Powertrain S.p.A., which is in turn part of Marelli. Carburetor production in Italy ended in 1992 when Weber shifted carburetor production to Madrid, Spain, where it continues today.[1]"

Started my truck for the first time in over a year.

Optima deep cycle battery held enough of a charge to fire the big six in three tries. Dad was stunned and I was grinning my butt off. Love this thing!

Work and a long commute have sidelined my flareside for a bit. I'm still hoping to take a road trip up the California coast once I get my brakes and AC sorted out. Best I could do today was treat my truck to a bath, new window regulator handles and a nostalgic vinyl steering wheel wrap.

shorty.jpg.d49e911c2adae13970567a8f54c0bc7f.jpg

Started my truck for the first time in over a year.

Optima deep cycle battery held enough of a charge to fire the big six in three tries. Dad was stunned and I was grinning my butt off. Love this thing!

Work and a long commute have sidelined my flareside for a bit. I'm still hoping to take a road trip up the California coast once I get my brakes and AC sorted out. Best I could do today was treat my truck to a bath, new window regulator handles and a nostalgic vinyl steering wheel wrap.

shorty.jpg

I did much of the California coast in a couple different trips (in rental cars) but would love to do it in my truck! I would love to road trip my truck at some point...maybe out to Oklahoma if all goes well next year!

Glad to hear the old Bull shorty started right up for ya. Mine was very much the same after sitting for 8 months...I didn't even charge the battery or anything. Vroom vroom, and away she went.