Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

It's 93 degrees with 52% humidity here. I've been outside working on both of my trucks and I'm probably on bottle of water number 8 at this point, and I've made about four trips to the hose to spray my arms and head.

High 80's here today and probably 65% humidity. May have even kissed 90 deg, not sure...but this is exceptionally hot for us. By the time I get back home closer to the ocean, it's foggy and more like 80F. Some people hate the fog...I kinda like it when it's hot....it's like shade...lol.

It's 93 degrees with 52% humidity here. I've been outside working on both of my trucks and I'm probably on bottle of water number 8 at this point, and I've made about four trips to the hose to spray my arms and head.

High 80's here today and probably 65% humidity. May have even kissed 90 deg, not sure...but this is exceptionally hot for us. By the time I get back home closer to the ocean, it's foggy and more like 80F. Some people hate the fog...I kinda like it when it's hot....it's like shade...lol.

93 is low compared to where we've been, it's been hovering around the upper 90's for the last few weeks. Thankfully I live near a giant forest so the trees help keep the sun at bay. There's very few trees where I work, so my truck is usually a steamy 140 degrees when I get into it. I don't even close the door until I feel the A/C blowing cold.

93 is low compared to where we've been, it's been hovering around the upper 90's for the last few weeks. Thankfully I live near a giant forest so the trees help keep the sun at bay. There's very few trees where I work, so my truck is usually a steamy 140 degrees when I get into it. I don't even close the door until I feel the A/C blowing cold.

I suppose it is all relative. My son served in Bagdad, Iraq in 2007. The daytime temps were in the 120+ range and the soldiers had ~70# of gear. :nabble_smiley_beam:

I suppose it is all relative. My son served in Bagdad, Iraq in 2007. The daytime temps were in the 120+ range and the soldiers had ~70# of gear. :nabble_smiley_beam:

And that's exactly why I try hard not to complain about the weather. I've never had to experience that kind of struggle and for that I'm fortunate.

Man that heat is brutal. I used to travel to the Middle East with a former employer, and the dash in the rental car would say 49C all day long (120F), and even then, I'm sure it was because that was as high as the temp sensor read.

Man that heat is brutal. I used to travel to the Middle East with a former employer, and the dash in the rental car would say 49C all day long (120F), and even then, I'm sure it was because that was as high as the temp sensor read.

My brother did two tours over in the sandbox.

My time was spent in the Central American jungle.

Mosquito Coast.... Yeah, no :nabble_poo-23_orig:

🥵

My brother did two tours over in the sandbox.

My time was spent in the Central American jungle.

Mosquito Coast.... Yeah, no http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/poo-23_orig.png

🥵

And just like that, 84 degrees and a 10 minute significant weather advisory. Oh Florida. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-slap-23_orig.gif

Annotation_2019-07-30_182636.jpg.a33e38a590b5ec1452c585d9a1d34a61.jpg

So, I'm waiting for silicone and I decide to get into my spring hanger.

Why didn't Ford put a drain hole in these from the factory? 😖

I replaced all four of mine, and the upper shock mounts, and removed the exhaust hanger. That was 23 rivets...drilled every one of them out. I was pretty sick of them in the end. New hangers are relatively inexpensive though.

If you have rusty hanger issues, make sure to check the frame behind the shock mounts too. I had to weld in 2 patches...one behind a spring hanger, and one between the 3 bolts of the LH upper shock mount. Driver's side always rusts out first, in the areas where there is winter at least.

Thankfully I didn't see anything that bad.

My phone is dead and charging, so pics tomorrow...

Prime Next Day Air got my hoses to me this afternoon :nabble_anim_jump:, so she's all full of fresh coolant and ready to fire up. :nabble_smiley_good:

I called it quits on getting the sleeve out of the spring eye.

Tomorrow is a fresh day, and ill just cut it with a sawzall and fold it in with a punch or chisel.

The rusty metal primer should be dry.

I'll give it a quick shot of satin black and bolt the perch in.

Getting the new bushing in is always a xxxxx, with me usually breaking numerous grade 8 bolts to get it pulled into place.

Any tips???? :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Thankfully I didn't see anything that bad.

My phone is dead and charging, so pics tomorrow...

Prime Next Day Air got my hoses to me this afternoon :nabble_anim_jump:, so she's all full of fresh coolant and ready to fire up. :nabble_smiley_good:

I called it quits on getting the sleeve out of the spring eye.

Tomorrow is a fresh day, and ill just cut it with a sawzall and fold it in with a punch or chisel.

The rusty metal primer should be dry.

I'll give it a quick shot of satin black and bolt the perch in.

Getting the new bushing in is always a xxxxx, with me usually breaking numerous grade 8 bolts to get it pulled into place.

Any tips???? :nabble_smiley_thinking:

The grease that comes with the poly bushings would make that job easier. And somewhere, by someone, I was told to put a bushing in hot water to soften them up before installing them. I think it was the tech at Energy Suspensions.

The grease that comes with the poly bushings would make that job easier. And somewhere, by someone, I was told to put a bushing in hot water to soften them up before installing them. I think it was the tech at Energy Suspensions.

These aren't poly bushings, they're metal sleeved rubber bushings.

I have to get the metal sleeve into the spring eye.

I think a little judicious rust removal with a drum sander and some EP grease will help.

BTW, you'd be proud of me.... using white lithium grease on my timing case and water pump bolts. 😈

There is little pressure, no motion, and they don't need to go in and out often.

Even with the corrosion in the ports I pictured, the shanks were perfect! :nabble_smiley_wink:

You better get on a bolt set for Big Blue's engine.....