Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Heck, I said that about the color of Gary's brake pads last week.

This is not a LITTLE touch!

It really makes your truck stand out. :nabble_smiley_good:

I remember the difference the correct mirrors made on my F150. I think it's a little more exciting with OCD. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Has Dominic polished the chrome off those badges yet??? http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-rotfl-57x22_orig.gif

Not so much to my truck, as for my truck. Today this arrived:

IMG_0420.jpg.ba74e6e70e4a6310aa4e75e4686ab153.jpg

It's not going in my truck right away, or perhaps even at all; I just want to have a known-good spare available for my road trip in September as well as to have in reserve as part of my long-term maintenance strategy. I'll probably run it just long enough to verify it works, then carefully pack it away to have it available if ever needed.

$30 from Amazon, and it's an actual genuine Ford/Motorcraft part. At that price, I'm not sure why anyone would gamble on a brand X module.

It's not going in my truck right away, or perhaps even at all; I just want to have a known-good spare available for my road trip in September as well as to have in reserve as part of my long-term maintenance strategy. I'll probably run it just long enough to verify it works, then carefully pack it away to have it available if ever needed.

$30 from Amazon, and it's an actual genuine Ford/Motorcraft part. At that price, I'm not sure why anyone would gamble on a brand X module.

I've been wanting to do the same, just to have it for when I can actually go on a trip. I have a used spare from the junkyard but it is pretty crusty...

Are they still available on Amazon at that price?

Not so much to my truck, as for my truck. Today this arrived:

You could always piggyback like Ron (Reamer) did. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Then it's ready for when yours dies

I've been wanting to do the same, just to have it for when I can actually go on a trip. I have a used spare from the junkyard but it is pretty crusty...

I don't think the new module's have all the problems inherent in the old ones.

Electronics has come a long way since the 1970's

I use the Echlin TP 40(?)

It's been good for years, even though (and probably because) I keep a spare under my seat.

As do I, but that's an emergency backup now. I pulled that one off of an '80 in a junkyard and it looks like it might have been original; who knows how much life is left in it, or if it even works at all?

Yep! Well, for $31.99; I misremembered the price slightly: Motorcraft DY-893 Module Assy - Ignition Amplifier

(I've never heard it called an 'ignition amplifier' before, but it's definitely a Duraspark II module.)

[quote name="ArdWrknTrk>

You could always piggyback like Ron (Reamer) did.

Eh...I thought about it. But then I considered that I'd be subjecting my spare to the same temperature and other environmental stresses under the hood as the original, and thought again. :nabble_]</body></html>:

As do I, but that's an emergency backup now. I pulled that one off of an '80 in a junkyard and it looks like it might have been original; who knows how much life is left in it, or if it even works at all?

Yep! Well, for $31.99; I misremembered the price slightly: Motorcraft DY-893 Module Assy - Ignition Amplifier

(I've never heard it called an 'ignition amplifier' before, but it's definitely a Duraspark II module.)

[quote name="ArdWrknTrk>

You could always piggyback like Ron (Reamer) did.

Eh...I thought about it. But then I considered that I'd be subjecting my spare to the same temperature and other environmental stresses under the hood as the original, and thought again. :nabble_]

I think I missed a wink in there somewhere: