Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a 1969 500 triple Kawasaki... quick, but a very poor handler. Brakes were lacking [drum front] as well.

Today was a big day... I replaced the license plate lights!!

Yesterday was bigger, Warn Premium manual locking hubs. Passenger side was so stiff I had to use pliers to work it a bit and sure enough, even through the rag, I scratched the bloody thing.... grrrrr.

Today was a big day... I replaced the license plate lights!!

Yesterday was bigger, Warn Premium manual locking hubs. Passenger side was so stiff I had to use pliers to work it a bit and sure enough, even through the rag, I scratched the bloody thing.... grrrrr.

Bummer! Are those brass?

Bummer! Are those brass?

Those are the ones with the brass looking centers.

Mine are stiffer than the stock plastic but I've never had to resort to tools.

Are you sure there's not something binding?

Are both snap rings fully seated?

I have some spare hardware kits for the D44 size premiums if you find something damaged.

Bummer! Are those brass?

Those are the ones with the brass looking centers.

Mine are stiffer than the stock plastic but I've never had to resort to tools.

Are you sure there's not something binding?

Are both snap rings fully seated?

I have some spare hardware kits for the D44 size premiums if you find something damaged.

Yeah the premium ones are metal, not sure if actually brass.

All lock rings seated nicely.

They were stiff in my hands before I mounted them and I was pissed about that. so I moved some of the grease about a bit and one was still binding. I read people commonly have this issue with at least one being too stiff so I have emailed WARN asking them to replace that one.

I have worked the stiff one a bunch so it is much better, but still nowhere near as easy as the original factory ones (which I have bagged and need to clean and store). My wife would struggle to move it and that is the issue.

Just a bummer when you try hard to buy a good product and then it turns out to have issues and then it gets marked up... grrr...

Yeah the premium ones are metal, not sure if actually brass.

All lock rings seated nicely.

They were stiff in my hands before I mounted them and I was pissed about that. so I moved some of the grease about a bit and one was still binding. I read people commonly have this issue with at least one being too stiff so I have emailed WARN asking them to replace that one.

I have worked the stiff one a bunch so it is much better, but still nowhere near as easy as the original factory ones (which I have bagged and need to clean and store). My wife would struggle to move it and that is the issue.

Just a bummer when you try hard to buy a good product and then it turns out to have issues and then it gets marked up... grrr...

Sorry to hear your experience with Warn hasn't been as good as mine.

My Premium hubs are a little tight (tighter than the stock plastic ones, or the Superwinch ones they replaced)

Warn's customer service seems pretty good, so I hope they'll be able to resolve it for you.

Sorry to hear your experience with Warn hasn't been as good as mine.

My Premium hubs are a little tight (tighter than the stock plastic ones, or the Superwinch ones they replaced)

Warn's customer service seems pretty good, so I hope they'll be able to resolve it for you.

Replaced my keyless entry keypad, the one I had installed originally suddenly decided it wasn't going to do anything except lock the doors. I put another one I had picked up in place of it, now it works fine.

Replaced my keyless entry keypad, the one I had installed originally suddenly decided it wasn't going to do anything except lock the doors. I put another one I had picked up in place of it, now it works fine.

Bill, the radiator support bolts don't look too good.

What other "hardware" do you want?