Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Ok, you do not have a 460 pattern E4OD of any kind, do you want me to see If I can locate one near me? I know where one is, and tried to talk to the guy about a price, I don't think it's a 4WD version, but during a full rebuild the output shaft can be changed. If you are looking it will need provision for the speedometer drive, even if it is plugged right now, as for price, some of it will be based on what year we start with and what updates are needed. Labor, figure @ $75/hr $800.00 Looking at parts prices, it will be cheaper if you can find a 4WD one.

I don’t have an E4OD of any kind, so if you can find one there that would be ideal. That would save shipping it in. But I can look as well if you tell me where best to look.

As for parts, we don’t have to go with serious parts, but I would like it to be stout.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don’t have an E4OD of any kind, so if you can find one there that would be ideal. That would save shipping it in. But I can look as well if you tell me where best to look.

As for parts, we don’t have to go with serious parts, but I would like it to be stout.

Couple of questions, which truck is it going in and what gears are in it?

Dad's truck with 3.50 gears. 409 HP/498 torque.

The reason I asked was the output shaft comes with either an 8 or 9 tooth drive gear machined into it. The E4OD is only 3" longer than a C6, but the mount pad is 7" further back from the front than a C6, something you will need to allow for in your frame preparation.

The reason I asked was the output shaft comes with either an 8 or 9 tooth drive gear machined into it. The E4OD is only 3" longer than a C6, but the mount pad is 7" further back from the front than a C6, something you will need to allow for in your frame preparation.

Offset crossmembers are available.

Pretty sure it's Trans-Dapt.

How much rear offset is there in a Zf cross member?

I'm going to say 1" for the ZF. I'll have to check for a Trans-Dapt adaptor or crossmember. Thanks.

My plan to drop the engine and tranny in as one unit is looking better and better. With the cab off I'll be able to make any needed changes much easier.

I changed my slave cylinder and replaced the bronze pedal bushing/adjusted pushrod this morning.

Will do an oil change when it gets light out.

You’ve done that already, and will do an oil change in a bit? Wow! I’m a slacker. Just taking my first sip of Joe.

Anyway, well done! 👍