Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Fixed some wiring that got broken when I was hit by a friends truck image few weeks ago in my tail light. Replaced the lense with an aftermarket one. Also ordered 4 new chrome 6" KC lights and my black and red covers arrived in the mail today.

Bill - What came with them was Reflective Chrome. Did I use it on the wrong things? Did you want the valve cover in it? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Jim - It was a bit tedious, but I was pleased with the way things turned out. Got me going after my "rest" will the grandtwins were here, so now I'm ready to plunge in on Dad's truck.

Angelo - Where are the KC's going? And which ones did you get? I'm thinking I need something on Big Blue to reach out a ways farther/wider than the stock headlights, but want to stay with something seems "period correct". So I'm always watching to see what others do.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, this weekend marked the beginning of the end for my old war wagon, (the red 84 in my avatar).

Too much rust to continue driving it. Parked it last summer and found a buyer for the 351W and C6. Had a date with the wrenches this weekend. I'm gonna miss that truck!

Of course, parts will live on in my Frankentruck project.

Sorry, I missed this. So, what parts are you saving? And are the rest of the parts going to the salvage? What's the plan, Stan?

Bill - What came with them was Reflective Chrome. Did I use it on the wrong things? Did you want the valve cover in it? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Jim - It was a bit tedious, but I was pleased with the way things turned out. Got me going after my "rest" will the grandtwins were here, so now I'm ready to plunge in on Dad's truck.

Angelo - Where are the KC's going? And which ones did you get? I'm thinking I need something on Big Blue to reach out a ways farther/wider than the stock headlights, but want to stay with something seems "period correct". So I'm always watching to see what others do.

@Gary

I purchased the old school chrome 6 inch'ers. Currently have black ones that are out of service due to rust and broken glass. They are going on top of an old school roll bar.

IMG_20170615_202055_849.jpg.e05aac0c6a020c1afac559f584783d89.jpg

No, they look great, that was what we had decided on for them, don't want them too shiny as they are in sunlight with the top down. Valve cover is beautiful, at the rate the electronics are progressing I will probably be able to install it before I get the engine running.

No, they look great, that was what we had decided on for them, don't want them too shiny as they are in sunlight with the top down. Valve cover is beautiful, at the rate the electronics are progressing I will probably be able to install it before I get the engine running.

Angelo - That's going to look good. :nabble_smiley_good: I prefer old-school light on a headache-bar mount over the new light bars of LED's, even though the LED's pull less current and may create more light.

Bill - I plan to box this stuff up tomorrow (Janey and I are running errands today) and get it off to you Thursday/Friday. And, there's a lot of the powder left so I'll include it.

Angelo - That's going to look good. :nabble_smiley_good: I prefer old-school light on a headache-bar mount over the new light bars of LED's, even though the LED's pull less current and may create more light.

Bill - I plan to box this stuff up tomorrow (Janey and I are running errands today) and get it off to you Thursday/Friday. And, there's a lot of the powder left so I'll include it.

Gary, you might as well keep the powder, I have no way to use it and if nothing else, consider it as at least a partial payment.

Gary, you might as well keep the powder, I have no way to use it and if nothing else, consider it as at least a partial payment.

Update on Brown.

I used a hole saw to cut a piece of lexan, Mounted it like Crager did the centers on their wheels.also cut hole in scrap for paint mask. Planning on Ford oval decals on here.

Paintshot.thumb.jpg.f0cdeae664fedb1ef171eedbbbf65e04.jpg

Wheel cleaned (sorta) and cap on.

lexancap.thumb.jpg.01277147f032c9032ecfc866c85f90c6.jpg

Got boards mounted, should they be further to the rear?

Board_finished.thumb.jpg.94c7e8293e4f6142c09486b537af1d06.jpg

Got dash cover sorta in place.

Dash.thumb.jpg.ea091f902814189f206d0e54015f8276.jpg

Been a buzzy day.

BTW..Valve cover looks real nice, good job.

Update on Brown.

I used a hole saw to cut a piece of lexan, Mounted it like Crager did the centers on their wheels.also cut hole in scrap for paint mask. Planning on Ford oval decals on here.

Wheel cleaned (sorta) and cap on.

Got boards mounted, should they be further to the rear?

Got dash cover sorta in place.

Been a buzzy day.

BTW..Valve cover looks real nice, good job.

SCBill - Interesting approach. I like it! :nabble_smiley_good:

On the valve cover, thanks. I hope we see it mounted in a pic soon. And, then not too long after that see the other valve covers, upper and lower plenums, and 3 dozen fasteners mounted as well.

VABill - Ok, I'll keep the powder. Thanks. As for pay, I thought we agreed this is payment-in-kind. I'm gonna needs lots of support on Big Blue's EFI system, and you're the man. :nabble_smiley_wink:

SCBill - Interesting approach. I like it! :nabble_smiley_good:

On the valve cover, thanks. I hope we see it mounted in a pic soon. And, then not too long after that see the other valve covers, upper and lower plenums, and 3 dozen fasteners mounted as well.

VABill - Ok, I'll keep the powder. Thanks. As for pay, I thought we agreed this is payment-in-kind. I'm gonna needs lots of support on Big Blue's EFI system, and you're the man. :nabble_smiley_wink:

SCBill, looks good!

I think the boards are good where they are, I like them.

Sorry, I missed this. So, what parts are you saving? And are the rest of the parts going to the salvage? What's the plan, Stan?

Motor and trans are sold. Also sold the entire wiring harness to a fellow in NYC. All sheetmetal is too rusty to reuse, but trim is in good shape. Will be using that on my projects. Strange how the sheetmetal decays, but the wiring holds up. Must be something about our cold dry climate.

This truck was a good runner/driver save for the rust. Chassis looks to be in good shape as well. 166K kilometers on it, so probably could use freshening up, but I am tempted to throw a good cab back on it. 9" diff in the back.

The Lightning style exhaust and headers will find their way onto my Frankentruck. Will need to add an O2 bung. Rad support is remarkably solid, so that will get reused as well.

Been getting pretty cold up here the last few days, hope it will let up by the weekend.