Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Thanks guys. I worked with Tim to get the torque peak low. Who needs HP when you can have torque? But, 1 HP per cubic inch isn't too shabby. :nabble_smiley_cool:

As for what I did to my truck today, I used Big Blue's front hitch to move the trailer into the shop and loaded Dad's truck on it for the show on Saturday. Boy, that front hitch is worth its weight in gold! I got the trailer between the lift's uprights with ease, and there's only a few inches on either side.

But, then the problems started - the rails and the fenders prevent the lift from going down far enough to get the truck down on the trailer. In the pic below I've gotten the front down and the front arms swung out of the way, but haven't gotten the rear arms out yet. I think a jack will be employed in the morning. :nabble_anim_confused:

Someone left a broken-down Dodge truck (isn't "broken-down Dodge" redundant?) left in the church parking lot where the show is going to be on Saturday. No problem, Big Blue made short work of it, even when he was parked on grass and the Dodge was on pavement. He didn't even wiggle, much less slide, and I just had the parking brake set. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Towing_Jims_Dodge.thumb.jpg.dbc3dc3232e71c05abe869e6ed9c32e9.jpg

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone left a broken-down Dodge truck (isn't "broken-down Dodge" redundant?) left in the church parking lot where the show is going to be on Saturday. No problem, Big Blue made short work of it, even when he was parked on grass and the Dodge was on pavement. He didn't even wiggle, much less slide, and I just had the parking brake set. :nabble_smiley_happy:

I think we need a What Have You Done *With* Your Truck Today thread.

It's true what they say 'There's no replacement for displacement'

That's a 12K winch?

That's a 12K winch?

Go for it Jim, I'll follow along.

Yes, that's a Smittybilt 12K winch w/a synthetic cable. Did the job with ease, even though the front wheels on the Dodge were angled, which caused the Dodge to turn somewhat sideways. But the winch said "you are coming to me" and never slowed down, even when the tires on the Dodge started rolling under. :nabble_smiley_evil:

That's a 12K winch?

Things like hauling a loaded Chevy G30 and trailer behind Darth on a tow dolly? Or the big flat bed trailer with the doors and operators plus a load in the bed? Darth did come out of OD going up the CBBT tunnels, but still maintained 54 mph @ 2200 rpm in 3rd lockup, probably could have gone faster but didn't want to force the downshift to 2nd.

Go for it Jim, I'll follow along.

Yes, that's a Smittybilt 12K winch w/a synthetic cable. Did the job with ease, even though the front wheels on the Dodge were angled, which caused the Dodge to turn somewhat sideways. But the winch said "you are coming to me" and never slowed down, even when the tires on the Dodge started rolling under. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Did you take it straight to the local pound, isn't that where abandoned dogs go :nabble_smiley_happy:? Or maybe the junkyard?

Did you take it straight to the local pound, isn't that where abandoned dogs go :nabble_smiley_happy:? Or maybe the junkyard?

Couldn't take it to the pound - it is owned by a church member. Just left it in the grass whimpering.

Big Blue doesn't turn that low of R's given the T19. But, when the ZF5 goes in it'll get down to that. I will say that with a big mini-van on a trailer the T19's ratios are perfectly spaced. Start out in granny and zip right up to 4th, and it tows nicely on the highway in 4th.

Couldn't take it to the pound - it is owned by a church member. Just left it in the grass whimpering.

Big Blue doesn't turn that low of R's given the T19. But, when the ZF5 goes in it'll get down to that. I will say that with a big mini-van on a trailer the T19's ratios are perfectly spaced. Start out in granny and zip right up to 4th, and it tows nicely on the highway in 4th.

Today I replaced the dry rotting rear brake hose. Not too exciting but necessary.

Yeah, I'm not going to need all that.

I have the gfaw rating and will just get Moog through Amazon.

Sleeves are a LOT easier to get out with an air chisel, but I like to smash my fingers.

I may just have to borrow a ball joint press because when I was replacing the rear bushings I was blowing up grade 8 bolts with the impact gun trying to pull them in.

I got rear front and front rear bushings as well as some ttb pivot bushings yesterday.

I accessorized the engine stand I borrowed with some 7/16-14 Gr8 bolts, a pin to lock rotation, and a 18" long 1/2" pipe nipple with caps and rubber bumper grommets.

Hopefully it is strong enough for a 460.

Still trying to get my hands on a good pair of D3VE's.

Machine work is fine but I don't want to pay for cracked or notched heads.

Money is real tight

I got rear front and front rear bushings as well as some ttb pivot bushings yesterday.

I accessorized the engine stand I borrowed with some 7/16-14 Gr8 bolts, a pin to lock rotation, and a 18" long 1/2" pipe nipple with caps and rubber bumper grommets.

Hopefully it is strong enough for a 460.

Still trying to get my hands on a good pair of D3VE's.

Machine work is fine but I don't want to pay for cracked or notched heads.

Money is real tight

Will you do the bushings before the engine?