Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Made a slight detour on the way to work today and saw an exceptionally nice looking 85-86 F250 sitting in someones driveway. It was solid dark blue metallic and the truck looked in nearly new condition. If it's still there tomorrow maybe I'll snap a pic of it but it's been a long time since I've seen one that nice. Anybody on here live in the Edgewood/Milton, WA area? there's a lot of old Ford trucks running around this area but never seen that one before. Ride height looked like a 4x2 like mine.

Always cool when you stumble across a unicorn! :nabble_anim_claps:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made a slight detour on the way to work today and saw an exceptionally nice looking 85-86 F250 sitting in someones driveway. It was solid dark blue metallic and the truck looked in nearly new condition. If it's still there tomorrow maybe I'll snap a pic of it but it's been a long time since I've seen one that nice. Anybody on here live in the Edgewood/Milton, WA area? there's a lot of old Ford trucks running around this area but never seen that one before. Ride height looked like a 4x2 like mine.

Get a pic!

Yes Little Bigfoot came with them to me. Big Blue 2WD and parts truck also have those.

Not related to my truck, other than just competing with the truck for shop space: I just grabbed a 5.0 roller block out of storage and put it up on the stand. I'm getting ready to do a quick upgrade to our "new" 1979 Mercury Zephyr. It's a fox body platform car, so upgrading from the 200 straight 6 to the 5.0 is an easy conversion. It's going to be a fun car!

PXL_20240808_192022739.jpg.f5a7432e6e4c144471ee8dc6190db8a3.jpg

Made a slight detour on the way to work today and saw an exceptionally nice looking 85-86 F250 sitting in someones driveway....

Early '85 from the trim line being up high like that, isn't it?

I think. I don't think its older than an 84 for sure.

I think. I don't think its older than an 84 for sure.

I THINK the trim was low on the body up through '84, but was raised closer to the door handles briefly in '85 and then back low mid-year in '85 (I'm pretty sure about the '85 and later, but less sure about where it was in '84 and earlier). The trim is high in that picture so I'm thinking it's an early '85.

I had an early '85, and when I had some bodywork done on it in about '92 those trim pieces already weren't available. The joys of a 1/2 model year part!

I THINK the trim was low on the body up through '84, but was raised closer to the door handles briefly in '85 and then back low mid-year in '85 (I'm pretty sure about the '85 and later, but less sure about where it was in '84 and earlier). The trim is high in that picture so I'm thinking it's an early '85.

I had an early '85, and when I had some bodywork done on it in about '92 those trim pieces already weren't available. The joys of a 1/2 model year part!

received_203233659394049.jpeg.4c6f326dbcfc1fc0f843d0f2bb8e2431.jpeg

This truck was built 10/85 for reference to the stripe location.