Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

The only safety I won't by-pass is the clutch safety. Automatic or Manual. To me, that's just as essential as a trigger safety in a gun. Just last week Blue Streak almost climbed up the inspection station because the inspector cranked the truck trying to get an odometer reading.....

All other safeties while driving... I can overlook. I should be more diligent but I don't even use the rear view mirrors on my trucks most of the time because these manual ones go out of adjustment from people/kids messing with it ...

my f100 has no clutch safety. it has reminded me of that a time I must admit. going from an auto to that truck after a few days is very easy to make a mistake. I try to set the parking brake as a helping hand.

as a side story. we have safety inspection in my county and emissions too if within a year range. my daughter does not in sc where she lives. her husband was driving her jeep when the lower ball joint snapped and planted to the ground. thankfully he was moving slow and turning into their subdivision. no harm just a little tow and repair. a couple weeks later I mentioned having to get moms car inspected and she laughed. "haha we don't have inspections". I looked at her and said "didn't you just have a wheel fall off"? sorry!!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only safety I won't by-pass is the clutch safety.

Ok ok guys, just in time, when I was thinking I didn't have any new project for Big Bro.

My list was all checked.

Re-installing clutch safety is now the new unchecked item on it.

:nabble_smiley_good:

After years of being annoyed filling this thing with oil since the baffle is so close to the hole opening I found this breather extension and twist lock breather cap. Pushes right into the push in grommet and the top is a standard twist on cap. No longer need a funnel, but it could have easily been half as tall. Definitely functional for ease of filling. 454469984_810572701262656_7580174180046954607_n.jpg.e0299e4a407670bb22b465d9f733c107.jpg

After years of being annoyed filling this thing with oil since the baffle is so close to the hole opening I found this breather extension and twist lock breather cap. Pushes right into the push in grommet and the top is a standard twist on cap. No longer need a funnel, but it could have easily been half as tall. Definitely functional for ease of filling.

Good find! That will make it much easier to fill with oil. :nabble_smiley_good:

Didn't some of the 302s have that on the stamped covers?

My 460 has a riser like that.

It makes the breather hose to the filter housing horizontal.

Fortunately it fits the same way into my flat top, raised rib OMC cast aluminum covers. :nabble_anim_jump:

My 460 has a riser like that.

It makes the breather hose to the filter housing horizontal.

Fortunately it fits the same way into my flat top, raised rib OMC cast aluminum covers. :nabble_anim_jump:

My 2002 Ranger had a plastic version, but my 2003 did not (could have been removed before I got the truck). When I went to remove the one in the 2002, a piece of it snapped off and fell into the valve cover. I had to remove the valve cover to retrieve it and luckily it landed on the cylinder head but was very close to an oil passage.

Moral of the story, don't use plastic risers.

My 2002 Ranger had a plastic version, but my 2003 did not (could have been removed before I got the truck). When I went to remove the one in the 2002, a piece of it snapped off and fell into the valve cover. I had to remove the valve cover to retrieve it and luckily it landed on the cylinder head but was very close to an oil passage.

Moral of the story, don't use plastic risers.

This afternoon, I finally installed a little part I bought multiple months ago.

Hydraulic Clutch Slave Cylinder Clip.

IMG_1311.thumb.jpeg.173783b4493f539255c447bb27da3aaa.jpeg

This clip was missing, the cylinder was hold in place with tie wraps.

IMG_1312.thumb.jpeg.fe1bafeb6c1d8be3d49872c285c5faac.jpeg

I first cut the tie wraps:

IMG_1313.thumb.jpeg.be664cf413439d77307342a7fa38652f.jpeg

Than installed the famous clip:

IMG_1314.thumb.jpeg.f460359984ab35df0b80c139c479d798.jpeg

And... well... decided to add one more security level.

I added two tie wraps.

:nabble_smiley_blush:

IMG_1323.thumb.jpeg.b36872d83748af1edd3214e4a7ecbff5.jpeg

This afternoon, I finally installed a little part I bought multiple months ago.

Hydraulic Clutch Slave Cylinder Clip.

This clip was missing, the cylinder was hold in place with tie wraps.

I first cut the tie wraps:

Than installed the famous clip:

And... well... decided to add one more security level.

I added two tie wraps.

:nabble_smiley_blush:

Good job, Jeff! As the Brits would say, belt and braces. :nabble_smiley_good: