Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Hagstrom's or Rand McNally? :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Orienteering is a lost art, unless you're special forces.

Ol' Blue was at the inspection station today and the newbie ***:nabble_smiley_argh: wanted to see the odometer so he turned on the key when it was in 1st gear and it lunged forward and almost took down the inspection station.... there is a small dent/bend on the bumper now that needs to be pulled out.... Thank god no one was hurt.

Ol' Blue is just as vicious as Big Red was in granny gear...

I had thought a 1993 F250 would have a neutral safety switch.... can anyone kindly send me the part number for the NSS for a 1993 F250 4x4 460 ZF5 ?? Much appreciated.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ol' Blue was at the inspection station today and the newbie ***:nabble_smiley_argh: wanted to see the odometer so he turned on the key when it was in 1st gear and it lunged forward and almost took down the inspection station.... there is a small dent/bend on the bumper now that needs to be pulled out.... Thank god no one was hurt.

I had thought a 1993 F250 would have a neutral safety switch.... can anyone kindly send me the part number for the NSS for a 1993 F250 4x4 460 ZF5 ?? Much appreciated.

Look to see that someone hasn't just jumpered it.

If it has the diagonal mounted clutch master the switch should be right where the pushrod comes through the firewall.

That's the way it is in the Delaware/Pennsylvania are where we lived. NOTHING runs north/south or east/west, and frequently you'll get on a road that says "North XWZ" and you'll actually be going south as you get on. But if you stay on it long enough you'll eventually get north of where you are.

If you know the roads it is easy to get around, but you have to know the roads. And relying on GPS to get me there doesn't help me learn the roads.

There is, or was (it may have changed now) a highly confusing street here. It was in Norfolk VA. Llewellyn Ave. Mornings 7 - 9 (I think) it was one way from 21st to downtown, afternoons 3 - 5 (I think) it was one way up to 21st st. Weekends and all other times it was 2 way. Judge in traffic court actualy said one day that if a defendant was confused on Llewllyn Ave. he was within his rights.

Interstate 64 makes a loop around Norfolk, Portsmouth and Chesapeake in SE Virginia. If you are using GPS or a compass, you will be totally confused, once you get past Willoughby Spit, I 64 goes South through most of Norfolk, then as you leave Norfolk, it curves around to be headed West to Bowers Hill where I 264 and US 58 join and I 64 ends.

Hagery denied coverage for Ol' Blue as they wanted pictures of my garage to show proof of garaged parking, of course that's end game right there for my ownership for more than the 2 vehicles I already have... they weren't like that in the past...

We tagged it in both of our names and Ronnie will use it in the farm in Arkansas.

I will drive up Hwy-69 and meet Ronnie at Hwy-69/40 and he will join the truck show and afterwards drive Ol' Blue to Hagarville, Arkansas (near Clarksville) from where we shall retrieve Ol' Blue one day... Once Ronnie takes in something, its for life.

Fun fact - Ronnie is 77 and he has never owned a Ford until now. I think he picked one of the best Ford builds as his first one, hope he will enjoy it!

I will have to find a ride to come back down... unless someone in the truck show can give me a ride back to TX. Anyone from around Dallas joining us ?

Hagery denied coverage for Ol' Blue as they wanted pictures of my garage to show proof of garaged parking, of course that's end game right there for my ownership for more than the 2 vehicles I already have... they weren't like that in the past...

We tagged it in both of our names and Ronnie will use it in the farm in Arkansas.

I will drive up Hwy-69 and meet Ronnie at Hwy-69/40 and he will join the truck show and afterwards drive Ol' Blue to Hagarville, Arkansas (near Clarksville) from where we shall retrieve Ol' Blue one day... Once Ronnie takes in something, its for life.

Fun fact - Ronnie is 77 and he has never owned a Ford until now. I think he picked one of the best Ford builds as his first one, hope he will enjoy it!

I will have to find a ride to come back down... unless someone in the truck show can give me a ride back to TX. Anyone from around Dallas joining us ?

It's a $49 flight. 💡

You couldn't buy the gas for that......

Nice 💡thought didn’t cross my mind

My sister was going to drive from Charleston for my brother's wedding.... :nabble_anim_crazy:

Avelo flys in to Tweed (1.2mi from his house) for $99 round trip.

That's not enough to cover the tolls, let alone gas, food, and probably 15 hrs each way.

Looking forward to meeting Ronnie. And to see you again, Vivek. I may not have said, and I need to announce it, but there’s a dinner on Friday night for the members and their guests. Hope you can make it.

Looking forward to meeting Ronnie. And to see you again, Vivek. I may not have said, and I need to announce it, but there’s a dinner on Friday night for the members and their guests. Hope you can make it.

Yes we are looking forward as well.

I will shoot for that.

PS: could you kindly add the dinner time etc to the truck show post ?

There is, or was (it may have changed now) a highly confusing street here. It was in Norfolk VA. Llewellyn Ave. Mornings 7 - 9 (I think) it was one way from 21st to downtown, afternoons 3 - 5 (I think) it was one way up to 21st st. Weekends and all other times it was 2 way. Judge in traffic court actualy said one day that if a defendant was confused on Llewllyn Ave. he was within his rights.

Interstate 64 makes a loop around Norfolk, Portsmouth and Chesapeake in SE Virginia. If you are using GPS or a compass, you will be totally confused, once you get past Willoughby Spit, I 64 goes South through most of Norfolk, then as you leave Norfolk, it curves around to be headed West to Bowers Hill where I 264 and US 58 join and I 64 ends.

I35 splits as it goes through the Twin Cities. Typically the interstate numbering system would call one of the routs "I35" and the other something like "I335" (putting an odd number before the interstate number). But then you'd have to decide which city was more important and got "I35" and which was less inportant and had to settle for "I335". St. Paul is the capital of Minnesota so it think's it's most important and Minneapolis is twice the size, has more pro sports teams and really more of just about everything, so it thinks it's most important.

So since they couldn't decide that way they called the route through Minneapolis (which is west of St. Paul) "I35W" (pronounced "thirty five double U") and the route through St. Paul is "I35E". Both run essentially north/south (as all odd numbered interstates do). But the naming confuses the heck out of nav systems! They tell you to "get on I35 west", or worse yet, "get on I35 west north".

We never had those problems when we were reading maps!