Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I think those Holley's always come set up for speed control and an automatic.

Better than not, I suppose?

not all Jim. that looks the same as the Holley 80457s that I have used many times but if you look closely the throttle linkage is silver, and you can see the ford kickdown pin connection (unused), but it also has the gold tone add on bracketry that looks to be a gm tv lever kit and it is holding the throttle stud 1 1/2" wider than needed on a sbf. I don't see any other connections so I'm thinking it's a manual trans.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not all Jim. that looks the same as the Holley 80457s that I have used many times but if you look closely the throttle linkage is silver, and you can see the ford kickdown pin connection (unused), but it also has the gold tone add on bracketry that looks to be a gm tv lever kit and it is holding the throttle stud 1 1/2" wider than needed on a sbf. I don't see any other connections so I'm thinking it's a manual trans.

3D printer made it in and I am doing a test run now.

I want to get a few ruby printing nozzles for printing glass or carbon fiber reinforced nylon 6 or nylon 12. The fiber in these will wear down the nozzle quickly.

Then I need to get me some solid dimensions, maybe even just make my own, and I can start a test run on brackets and tool boxes.

I am going to try a phone app that scans objects and converts them to 3d models before investing in a dedicated scanner. This will allow me to replicate other parts quickly.

1000005404.jpg.4980f8c3f10298c63bb61380fb0ad144.jpg

1000005417.thumb.jpg.37a8ca4620be2f3d9e73fcb1c0a42e48.jpg

3D printer made it in and I am doing a test run now.

I want to get a few ruby printing nozzles for printing glass or carbon fiber reinforced nylon 6 or nylon 12. The fiber in these will wear down the nozzle quickly.

Then I need to get me some solid dimensions, maybe even just make my own, and I can start a test run on brackets and tool boxes.

I am going to try a phone app that scans objects and converts them to 3d models before investing in a dedicated scanner. This will allow me to replicate other parts quickly.

Photogrammetry can be okay with a single sensor, but it's far better with stereoscopic lenses.

Plus it's easier to process when two points are in a known relationship.

You might consider some of that ticker tape stuff we use with Shaper (the router) though if your software doesn't recognize it for what it is, the high contrast and non-repeating patterns might make it even more difficult.

It almost looks like a Mopar throttle setup, theirs were wide so it matched the Carter AFB or AVS location. It had to line up with the Torquflite TV rod.

Swept out the floor of the truck today and installed another light distributor advance spring...

You make it sound like those two take the same amount of effort. :nabble_smiley_oh:

That Ford dizzy is NOT so easy to work on. But you obviously know what you are doing. :nabble_smiley_good: Glad it worked out so well.

And the other engine is coming right along as well. You make it sound so easy. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, the new billet distributor uses a GM centrifugal advance, it took maybe 5 minutes to change it. So much easier than the stock Ford distributor. I've heard of some people saying something about the GM style advance design causing hiccups in the curve or drive-ability but haven't had anything bad to say with two of them now.

I'm sure warming the rods up to put the pistons on the rods are going to be fun.

Gary, the new billet distributor uses a GM centrifugal advance, it took maybe 5 minutes to change it. So much easier than the stock Ford distributor. I've heard of some people saying something about the GM style advance design causing hiccups in the curve or drive-ability but haven't had anything bad to say with two of them now.

I'm sure warming the rods up to put the pistons on the rods are going to be fun.

Wow! That's a huge improvement over the Ford distributor. And I do understand as I've been into both types. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hot oil in a tag sale deep fryer?

Hot oil in a tag sale deep fryer?

I've used a toaster oven to heat a cam gear, have to leave it a long time, and hurry when you ready to install. The rod end, if I remember correctly has to be red, or the one I saw was.

It almost looks like a Mopar throttle setup, theirs were wide so it matched the Carter AFB or AVS location. It had to line up with the Torquflite TV rod.

that makes perfect sense. I'm not versed in a lot of mopars so I did not have the specs but I remember their carb being wide.

I've used a toaster oven to heat a cam gear, have to leave it a long time, and hurry when you ready to install. The rod end, if I remember correctly has to be red, or the one I saw was.

Ol’ blue is finally home. Ronnie my father in law drove it all the way. He is old school. I followed him the whole way at 65mph.. he uses his atlas instead of the gps on his phone :nabble_smiley_wink:

He is a GM guy all his life but he was so impressed with this truck (460 ZF5) that he wants to buy it … he commented on how much torque this thing has even in 5th gear. I’m in a tough situation. :nabble_anim_crazy:

CE5CFF54-CA69-4011-8110-8460C906A72F.jpeg.acf5ff35a09e99f2b487848145ee2799.jpeg