Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Vent = discharge. It'll come up the hotter it gets outside, but you should still have "cold" air coming out, especially at highway speeds where there is good airflow.

Low blower speed will be coldest in temp, but too low and it can freeze up. High blower speed gives more cooling.

Gotcha!! I thought discharge temp was the temp of the high side line itself. Which can be over 200F easily!

Yes it is still coming in cold... just not going below 70F when it was like 102F outside. I have a little vent thermometer on all my vehicles so this behavior is something to keep an eye on.. I am getting a ~30-40F delta between dash to the vent temp.. so on 80F days I'm getting real close to 40F... today the dash temp was 115F !!!!! which is sort of ambient air temp for the evaporator. Asking a lot from a 45 year old compressor!!! I will try a new belt and also check charge levels...

I probably should drive newer vehicles on these extreme days. But I have been trying to do shakedowns at extreme conditions on relatively short distance... so I can trust these rigs for long distance moderate temp driving.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gotcha!! I thought discharge temp was the temp of the high side line itself. Which can be over 200F easily!

Yes it is still coming in cold... just not going below 70F when it was like 102F outside. I have a little vent thermometer on all my vehicles so this behavior is something to keep an eye on.. I am getting a ~30-40F delta between dash to the vent temp.. so on 80F days I'm getting real close to 40F... today the dash temp was 115F !!!!! which is sort of ambient air temp for the evaporator. Asking a lot from a 45 year old compressor!!! I will try a new belt and also check charge levels...

I probably should drive newer vehicles on these extreme days. But I have been trying to do shakedowns at extreme conditions on relatively short distance... so I can trust these rigs for long distance moderate temp driving.

Not sure if I posted this or not but made a first pass test run on a piece of wood for a door tag.

20240808_103226.jpg.0b97f76af89c5cd551a00129b54093e9.jpg

A lot of the water had receeded for now. We have been pleasantly surprised.

This Debby storm refuses to die and is heading North. Will hit us tomorrow (Friday raining all day).

Normally, we call it a huge rain storm here.

But compared to what you had, we’ll take this 4" of water philosophically.

That's cool! Did you say you making it in metal?

Yep this was a test. I had some metal card but they were too small and too thin and warped in the laser.

I used the wood piece to see how it would lay out.

I have not been able to measure the actual door tag due to weather. Inhave some 4"*4" aluminum blanks coming in and some 2.4" x 3.9" anodized aluminum blanks coming in as well bet Debby is messing up my deliveries.

It also appears the Ranger became a victim to flying plate glass from somewhere.

1000005317.thumb.jpg.f5e3baed45854f7f19b70ca41e313846.jpg

20240808_144306.jpg.6fc53ce8ca179b48a87c713d356534fe.jpg

1000005309.thumb.jpg.d9d6d334ade7f5da03c23eb3a513a1ef.jpg

A lot of the water had receeded for now. We have been pleasantly surprised.

This Debby storm refuses to die and is heading North. Will hit us tomorrow (Friday raining all day).

Normally, we call it a huge rain storm here.

But compared to what you had, we’ll take this 4" of water philosophically.

Still dumping on us. As of the news article I read yesterday Summerville SC had the most rainfall at that time in the state at 17.97". And the bands keep coming around dumping more at around a 1/3rd an inch per hour.

Drove home at 8 and those clouds got green and low and the bottom fell out and has been dumping on and off since.

1000005328.thumb.jpg.66eb707ec624c4a27a37e4b24e9e2588.jpg

Still dumping on us. As of the news article I read yesterday Summerville SC had the most rainfall at that time in the state at 17.97". And the bands keep coming around dumping more at around a 1/3rd an inch per hour.

Drove home at 8 and those clouds got green and low and the bottom fell out and has been dumping on and off since.

In French we have this saying, "Quand on se regarde on se désole, quand on se compare on se console".

Which I could approximately translate as "Focusing on our own troubles upsets but comparing with someone else's problems comforts".

In French we have this saying, "Quand on se regarde on se désole, quand on se compare on se console".

Which I could approximately translate as "Focusing on our own troubles upsets but comparing with someone else's problems comforts".

Well we are.getting hammered they just declared a flash flood emergency telling people to get to high ground now. 5 more inches has fallen so far tonight bringing us to 23 and there is active high water rescues going on.

Well we are.getting hammered they just declared a flash flood emergency telling people to get to high ground now. 5 more inches has fallen so far tonight bringing us to 23 and there is active high water rescues going on.

Yikes! Sorry to see that, Danny. Hope you are safe and will heed the warning.