Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

They have made a bunch of improvements and they seem to be holding. Our retention pond has risen 8+ feet and is 2 feet over the top. I've been to North Charleston twice today the rain is coming in waves. Pictures of battery park looked pretty good.

Yes, our kids said the rain comes in waves - hard waves. But that so far things look pretty good where they are on James Island.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, our kids said the rain comes in waves - hard waves. But that so far things look pretty good where they are on James Island.

A lot of the water had receeded for now. We have been pleasantly surprised.

I pray it will stay that way.

Trouble at the gas pump and not because of the 460 :nabble_smiley_evil:

I had to stop for gas after a decent trip and I was mentally prepared to fill about 13 gallons of gas (13*8mpg)... the gas pump was real slow. Took about 5 minutes to get to 10 gallons and I was on my phone sitting inside and I smelled gas and it had pumped to 16 gallons and overflowing like crazy and had a puddle outside...

I went to the manager inside and told them... and they were like "oh was it number 5 ?? Shoot we tagged the wrong one"...

Any way with gas almost at the brim, I didn't want to drive like that back home... so I ran my frame mount pump to fill up a 2 gallon gas can.. luckily, I had the old PCV fuel hose in my glove box that I took off a couple days ago, to be used later in winter...

2F584A1D-6D05-4133-8268-A4381497CF60.jpeg.2a8773f7c25b53246f1127c9793c289e.jpeg

Trouble at the gas pump and not because of the 460 :nabble_smiley_evil:

I had to stop for gas after a decent trip and I was mentally prepared to fill about 13 gallons of gas (13*8mpg)... the gas pump was real slow. Took about 5 minutes to get to 10 gallons and I was on my phone sitting inside and I smelled gas and it had pumped to 16 gallons and overflowing like crazy and had a puddle outside...

I went to the manager inside and told them... and they were like "oh was it number 5 ?? Shoot we tagged the wrong one"...

Any way with gas almost at the brim, I didn't want to drive like that back home... so I ran my frame mount pump to fill up a 2 gallon gas can.. luckily, I had the old PCV fuel hose in my glove box that I took off a couple days ago, to be used later in winter...

Yike! Glad you got out of there safely!

Yike! Glad you got out of there safely!

Thanks I had about 25 miles to go so was a bit worried!

The gas station manager lady was worried as well.. and asked me many times "you paid for that extra gas in that portable gas tank right ?" :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: I had no energy left in me to put up a fight. I did educate her that this could be a big hazard if I drove away with an overfilled gas tank at 102F. I know my tank vents well via the cap.. but still... didn't seem safe to me.

Thanks I had about 25 miles to go so was a bit worried!

The gas station manager lady was worried as well.. and asked me many times "you paid for that extra gas in that portable gas tank right ?" :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: I had no energy left in me to put up a fight. I did educate her that this could be a big hazard if I drove away with an overfilled gas tank at 102F. I know my tank vents well via the cap.. but still... didn't seem safe to me.

It was 102F today but still I noticed that as I was driving on the highway, at highway speeds the AC lost its effectiveness a lot... it became better at lower speeds... (The old belt was squealing like mad above 2K rpmp and I know I need a new belt but that's probably a different issue.)

The dentside AC blower box, evaporator assembly sits under the hood and I know fresh air intake for the evaporator is under cabin... I know the fresh air intake opens when in AC setting... but still...

Question is.... is it normal for AC on these trucks to not be very cold on the hottest days ?? On 80 degree days, I get vent temps as low as 45F... but when its 95 or higher especially after running a while I can't seem to go below 70F.

It was 102F today but still I noticed that as I was driving on the highway, at highway speeds the AC lost its effectiveness a lot... it became better at lower speeds... (The old belt was squealing like mad above 2K rpmp and I know I need a new belt but that's probably a different issue.)

The dentside AC blower box, evaporator assembly sits under the hood and I know fresh air intake for the evaporator is under cabin... I know the fresh air intake opens when in AC setting... but still...

Question is.... is it normal for AC on these trucks to not be very cold on the hottest days ?? On 80 degree days, I get vent temps as low as 45F... but when its 95 or higher especially after running a while I can't seem to go below 70F.

Yes, it is normal for the discharge temp to be cold on hot days, especially at speed. I'm guessing that your belt can't handle the power needed to spin the compressor when the pressures get up. Or maybe you've overcharged the system?

Yes, it is normal for the discharge temp to be cold on hot days, especially at speed. I'm guessing that your belt can't handle the power needed to spin the compressor when the pressures get up. Or maybe you've overcharged the system?

My system's charge is probably on the high side for sure... I know for a fact as I didn't go off the Dentside chart and loaded it up as if it was a bullnose...:nabble_smiley_teeth:. I released some pressure so it is not horribly high but on the high side... The belt is loose slightly and I'm all the way adjusted in the bracket... so probably not the correct belt.. I'll replace that first.

Yes, it is normal for the discharge temp to be cold on hot days, especially at speed.

I don't know the correlation between discharge temp and vent temp... how will the vent temp be on hot days vs moderate days ? How about low vs high speed ?

My system's charge is probably on the high side for sure... I know for a fact as I didn't go off the Dentside chart and loaded it up as if it was a bullnose...:nabble_smiley_teeth:. I released some pressure so it is not horribly high but on the high side... The belt is loose slightly and I'm all the way adjusted in the bracket... so probably not the correct belt.. I'll replace that first.

Yes, it is normal for the discharge temp to be cold on hot days, especially at speed.

I don't know the correlation between discharge temp and vent temp... how will the vent temp be on hot days vs moderate days ? How about low vs high speed ?

Vent = discharge. It'll come up the hotter it gets outside, but you should still have "cold" air coming out, especially at highway speeds where there is good airflow.

Low blower speed will be coldest in temp, but too low and it can freeze up. High blower speed gives more cooling.