Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I ran into that :nabble_poo-23_orig: when I tried to get the local dealer to get me a pinion nut and crush collar for my 10.25" rear end.

"I've never seen a parts number like that"

Just punch it in!

"Oh, there's 6 of each.... give me a minute while I go back there and check."

I swear, I want to beat those idiots with my 3/4 breaker bar! 🤬

I hope this lack of customer service is an individual problem and not an industry-wide unspoken obsolescence mandate so parts that are "no longer needed" are obsoleted.. if you don't sell them, they are deemed "not needed" soon..

I am sure the same guys would have been more than happy to sell me a $150 plastic hose... last night I saw the ridiculous cost of doing a timing job on a modern turbo V6 and all the plastic and consumable is certainly not helping any carbon footprint/landfill use.... also didn't realize a timing job was needed at 100k miles.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope this lack of customer service is an individual problem and not an industry-wide unspoken obsolescence mandate so parts that are "no longer needed" are obsoleted.. if you don't sell them, they are deemed "not needed" soon..

I am sure the same guys would have been more than happy to sell me a $150 plastic hose... last night I saw the ridiculous cost of doing a timing job on a modern turbo V6 and all the plastic and consumable is certainly not helping any carbon footprint/landfill use.... also didn't realize a timing job was needed at 100k miles.

Cam chain w/ plastic BS cam gear or cam phasers, it doesn't matter as long as the stealership service bays are booked.

They can't jerk off retail customers in the internet age.

Too much info is available.

35 years ago when I would get up from a car salesman's desk and tell them to (🤬) they wouldn't care until I spoke with the dealership owner and told them I would never consider their brand for another truck purchase.

I'm done with this.

Too old and cranky t even make a game of it.

I hope I'm gone soon.

It is 99% parts guy, I had a plastic clip break on an Aerostar liftgate latch, parts guy said, I would have to buy the complete assy, not bad enough he was harassing (having a laugh at her expense)a young lady that was a trainee sending her all over looking for the part, told him in no uncertain terms where he could stick the part and told him why, on the way out there was a gentleman in a suit wanted to know what was that about, I told him to ask that SOB and left. When I got home Aiken SC, went to Ford dealer, got the clip for under $5......It's who you are talking to.

Bill

It is 99% parts guy, I had a plastic clip break on an Aerostar liftgate latch, parts guy said, I would have to buy the complete assy, not bad enough he was harassing (having a laugh at her expense)a young lady that was a trainee sending her all over looking for the part, told him in no uncertain terms where he could stick the part and told him why, on the way out there was a gentleman in a suit wanted to know what was that about, I told him to ask that SOB and left. When I got home Aiken SC, went to Ford dealer, got the clip for under $5......It's who you are talking to.

Bill

You know... one strategy that always works no matter where is "I want to talk to your supervisor"... heck they pull that stunt on me at work when I push back on something. I should have called on the parts guy's supervisor today... because I think he was full of ****..... he said it was "obsoleted" on the phone.. in person he said it was on "backorder"... I told him I can wait if he can take my order in.. he said we can't do that.. Maybe Ford Parts Giant has ways to do that... ?

I didn't necessarily do anything to it aside from pushing it around, but I did have all of the dead and dying tree limbs/trees above it cut down so that there's a much lesser chance of the truck getting nailed by falling limbs. I mainly had them come out to trim two dead trees and one weak branch that were close to my house to reduce the risk of trees hitting my house (Florida things). But since they were here with the fancy equipment, I had them trim along the back fence line as well.

Everything visible in the photo points away from my truck so I didn't bother having them cut the rest but may change my mind if I still see stuff flying towards my trucks.

With that being said, I can now park two of my trucks together on the concrete. :nabble_smiley_good:

Not a moment too soon, huh?

A foot of rain and weeks of flooding, isn't uncommon for a hurricane, but it seems there's a lot of energy in the atmosphere lately.

Good luck! :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

You know... one strategy that always works no matter where is "I want to talk to your supervisor"... heck they pull that stunt on me at work when I push back on something. I should have called on the parts guy's supervisor today... because I think he was full of ****..... he said it was "obsoleted" on the phone.. in person he said it was on "backorder"... I told him I can wait if he can take my order in.. he said we can't do that.. Maybe Ford Parts Giant has ways to do that... ?

just a general comment. to the system, we are each only a number. that is how the system works. either you are a consumer of their product or not. if their focus is on selling the 75k truck outside then we are not worth the time at 6 dollars. this is just a fact. and a very understandable one too if we are honest.

however, we are unique as humans in that we "think" and "feel". comprehend! we get offended when we are dismissed. customer service is certainly thinning out and feels as though disappearing right in front of us. yet we all participate in its demise too. self-checkout comes to mind. ordering a big mac at a console or app. paying for gas with a card instead of walking in and waiting your turn to pay 50 bucks in cash.

every one of us votes! we vote with our money! what you buy and how you buy it. even why! as much as each human has the capacity for thought, comprehension, and compassion, and it is amazing how so many do not care to participate in being human.

... as much as each human has the capacity for thought, comprehension, and compassion, and it is amazing how so many do not care to participate in being human.

I generally choose not to participate in "humanity"

Maybe generally Jim, but certainly not always.

As proof of that, you're still here with us, generously sharing your time and knowledge with us.

If it's not humanity affairs, don't know what it is.

😉

... as much as each human has the capacity for thought, comprehension, and compassion, and it is amazing how so many do not care to participate in being human.

Jim I am constantly amazed at the similarity of your responses compared to my best friend of nearly fifty years. the two of you say the same things in such the same way as to make me wonder if he is not on here by an assumed identity. the interest that you show in others' problems and the compassion acted out in the effort to help solve them and find parts etc. is as human as it gets. for this I thank you.

While restoring Big Bro, I chose to keep the vintage original radio. I sent it to a specialized shop that took out its guts and replaced them with modern electronic components.

The radio came back with:

• USB plug for external source and charging capability

• Bluetooth

• Microphone, phone hands free

• And RCA plug for subwoofer.

Yesterday I finally installed a subwoofer under Big Brother's front seat.

Man, good beat, windows down and cranked volume, I suddenly felt as I was sixteen years old again!

:nabble_smiley_cool:

subwoofer-8.gif.c3df24330b0bbc74c6f52337c66879c0.gif