Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Interesting.

I have to figure that out about to drive to work.

Ohms law 12VDC/.75 Ohms = 16 amp

It's been a while. I think it may be geared on draw vs supply right? So if the pump pulls 3A then V=0.75Ohm x 3A Vd = 1.5VDC?

My brain is still dang foggy from my accident.

Circuit failed on me without resistor or the diode. I have to see if this tells you if the wire burned up or not. I know it shows a blown fuse when that happens.

Edit: the diode should act as a 1 way resistor. I think the Ford fuse diode is 1ohm.

SmartSelect_20240726_104900_VoltSim.thumb.jpg.7c021f3fb52433c764ea759575b76169.jpg

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting.

I have to figure that out about to drive to work.

Ohms law 12VDC/.75 Ohms = 16 amp

It's been a while. I think it may be geared on draw vs supply right? So if the pump pulls 3A then V=0.75Ohm x 3A Vd = 1.5VDC?

My brain is still dang foggy from my accident.

Yes there is a voltage drop past the resistor, depending on the current draw. If that current draw increases to 10amp, then you would drop about 7.5V at that resistor... I mean that is also about 75 watts (I^2*R) of power dissipated through that resistor wire which is a lot.... Of course the pump would cut-off with such a voltage drop before anything drastic happens. I don't think the pump would run with less than 8~9V so theoretically the maximum current draw would be based on a ~4-5V drop (equates to ~5-6A current draw before the pump cuts off)

Yes there is a voltage drop past the resistor, depending on the current draw. If that current draw increases to 10amp, then you would drop about 7.5V at that resistor... I mean that is also about 75 watts (I^2*R) of power dissipated through that resistor wire which is a lot.... Of course the pump would cut-off with such a voltage drop before anything drastic happens. I don't think the pump would run with less than 8~9V so theoretically the maximum current draw would be based on a ~4-5V drop (equates to ~5-6A current draw before the pump cuts off)

Yea finding a 75 watt 750 milliohm resistor is probably next to impossible. It's also probably why this wire is charbroiled.

Yea finding a 75 watt 750 milliohm resistor is probably next to impossible. It's also probably why this wire is charbroiled.

Side note to the resistance dilemma.

My pedal covers are toast and was getting some dorman replacement pads. I don't think I ever realized the accelerator pedal was plastic.

Did they not have a rubber pad? Maybe some plastidip or some grippy bed liner lol.

Anyone have a favorite aftermarket pedal?

Side note to the resistance dilemma.

My pedal covers are toast and was getting some dorman replacement pads. I don't think I ever realized the accelerator pedal was plastic.

Did they not have a rubber pad? Maybe some plastidip or some grippy bed liner lol.

Anyone have a favorite aftermarket pedal?

Changed the engine oil today, looking like a success. There was just about nothing at all on the magnetic drain plug and almost nothing in the oil filter. Just some very minor nonferrous metals in the oil poured out of the filter but barely anything worth even mentioning. No cam and lifters or bearing shells poured out in liquid form anyways.

lI don't think I ever realized the accelerator pedal was plastic.

Did they not have a rubber pad?

Nope, rubber pads for parking brake, clutch and brake pedals only.

Gas pedal is just a plastic plate, you've not lost any rubber pad there.

IMG_0794.jpeg.e99f46eec969da9a7fe14233a08b13f7.jpeg

Changed the engine oil today, looking like a success. There was just about nothing at all on the magnetic drain plug and almost nothing in the oil filter.

I am wondering if all OEM Bullnoses oil drain plugs are magnetic, or if you installed an aftermarket one?

:nabble_anim_confused:

Changed the engine oil today, looking like a success. There was just about nothing at all on the magnetic drain plug and almost nothing in the oil filter.

I am wondering if all OEM Bullnoses oil drain plugs are magnetic, or if you installed an aftermarket one?

:nabble_anim_confused:

It's a replacement drain plug. The original was stripped out when I bought the truck originally luckily the threads in the oil pan survived. The original was not magnetic.