Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Don't forget Auveco.

https://www.auveco.com/products/electrical/terminalsandwireconnectors/oemshellsandterminals

I think many Clips & Fasteners are just reboxed Auveco product.

Nice 👍

In all reality these were probably made by either Delphi, Tyco or Amphenol and are probably discontinued.

Quite possible!

Back in those days Allied Signal, Eaton Controls and TRW were big players as well.

I have never bought terminals from either, but I know that Auveco has some unique fasteners and rubber that I can't find at C&F... and vice versa.

So it's worth a look there if you don't find what you need. 💡

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite possible!

Back in those days Allied Signal, Eaton Controls and TRW were big players as well.

I have never bought terminals from either, but I know that Auveco has some unique fasteners and rubber that I can't find at C&F... and vice versa.

So it's worth a look there if you don't find what you need. 💡

We have the info out of the MPC on the page at Documentation/Electrical/Connectors. Go to the Connectors & Sleeves (Connector Shells) tab. But I didn't find C1SF 14474-A.

We have the info out of the MPC on the page at Documentation/Electrical/Connectors. Go to the Connectors & Sleeves (Connector Shells) tab. But I didn't find C1SF 14474-A.

On the topic of electrical.

Wiper control switches.

I have a part number here I must have salvaged.

It is a E7TB- -CA.

Maybe it's a later year switch.

Correct me if I am wrong, but intermittent switches had two positions clock wise (slow and fast) and then turned counter clockwise for intermittent?

1000004969.thumb.jpg.1db34a72242247b1ed9fa7e72fa50260.jpg

The F350 had a DB one which should of did intermittent but was not working at the time. I have multiple switches and intermittent wiper modules that I have collected over the last few years. I have a new aftermarket one by WVE as well.

Wiper control switches.

It is a E7TB- -CA.

Correct me if I am wrong, but intermittent switches had two positions clock wise (slow and fast) and then turned counter clockwise for intermittent?

The F350 had a DB one which should of did intermittent but was not working at the time. I have multiple switches and intermittent wiper modules that I have collected over the last few years. I have a new aftermarket one by WVE as well.

First, any number on a part is not a part number. I know that may seem illogical, but that is the truth and you can read about it on our page at Documentation/How To Decode Ford Part Numbers.

And it may also seem like semantics, but it isn't because the master parts catalog shows part numbers instead of ID #'s or Engineering #'s, which are what is on the part. Which is why Ford published a cross reference to go from ID# to PN or vice versa.

However, in some cases the MPC does include the ID # in the Description field, and that is the case for windshield wiper motors, as you can see on our page at Documentation/Electrical/Windshield Wipers and then the Part #'s tab.

BUT, your ID# of -CA isn't listed. However, Ford frequently changed the suffix on an ID# and still said it was the same part # in the cross reference, which I have. (Yes, this is a complex and confusing topic.)

So, if you list all of your ID#'s I might be able to cross them to part #'s, and then we could augment our list of what parts people are looking for.

Wiper control switches.

It is a E7TB- -CA.

E7T tells you it was designed for trucks in the '87 model year.

I could look in my truck but I don't want to tear my dash apart right now.

Perhaps it's shown back on FTE when I did my speed governor resoldering tutorial?

But IDK if I showed the switch removed or just installed with the ground wire in place.

First, any number on a part is not a part number. I know that may seem illogical, but that is the truth and you can read about it on our page at Documentation/How To Decode Ford Part Numbers.

And it may also seem like semantics, but it isn't because the master parts catalog shows part numbers instead of ID #'s or Engineering #'s, which are what is on the part. Which is why Ford published a cross reference to go from ID# to PN or vice versa.

However, in some cases the MPC does include the ID # in the Description field, and that is the case for windshield wiper motors, as you can see on our page at Documentation/Electrical/Windshield Wipers and then the Part #'s tab.

BUT, your ID# of -CA isn't listed. However, Ford frequently changed the suffix on an ID# and still said it was the same part # in the cross reference, which I have. (Yes, this is a complex and confusing topic.)

So, if you list all of your ID#'s I might be able to cross them to part #'s, and then we could augment our list of what parts people are looking for.

So up then left, and u-turn at the light?:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I'll take stock and see if I can get a cross reference.

Do all the switches turn counter clockwise?

So up then left, and u-turn at the light?:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I'll take stock and see if I can get a cross reference.

Do all the switches turn counter clockwise?

Only delay switches move left of center.

Only delay switches have a ground wire.... 💡

E7T tells you it was designed for trucks in the '87 model year.

I could look in my truck but I don't want to tear my dash apart right now.

Perhaps it's shown back on FTE when I did my speed governor resoldering tutorial?

But IDK if I showed the switch removed or just installed with the ground wire in place.

Found a post from Number Dummy on FTE from 2018. Looks like it's a Bricknose era switch and intermittent.

Screenshot_20240725_174159_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b4c0f372beece9532c9eee4bc46ff8b4.jpg

Found a post from Number Dummy on FTE from 2018. Looks like it's a Bricknose era switch and intermittent.

Well spotted!

Numberdummy gave me the three cross references I have as well as two sets of the MPC on microfiche and two microfiche viewers.