Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Probably. I called them because a replacement was not on the option list, just refund and re buy. Over the phone they set me up with free UPS pick up and a replacement is on its way.

Outside of that my label maker showed up. I only wish it did bigger tapes (max on this is 24mm ~1 inch). I have been playing around a bit with it.

The Safety Red held up to the wipe test so I decided to coat this area up and take it from primer to top coat. The only area I have an issue with is right at the corner by the windshield/antenna. There must have been some condensation I didn't notice as the paint there pulled away. I'll let it dry and clean it up then spray there again. By Sunday this area should be ready to start sealing holes and installing liner/ducts. Bite size chunks.

1000004701.jpg.211d46e908ab20759b62ec2443344e54.jpg

Speaking of windshield. I noticed that the windshield is loose on the passenger side. Also that fog starting in at the edges. I have to replace the trim clips (however that works) so I guess it's a good time to replace the glass. I am thinking I can have SafeLite come in and do it in the driveway for me.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am thinking I can have SafeLite come in and do it in the driveway for me.

Local VitroPlus-Zeibart shop is owned by a friend. He came home with an assistant and installed new Big Brother’s windshield right here in the barn.

Perfect job, absolutely no issue.

I am thinking I can have SafeLite come in and do it in the driveway for me.

Local VitroPlus-Zeibart shop is owned by a friend. He came home with an assistant and installed new Big Brother’s windshield right here in the barn.

Perfect job, absolutely no issue.

I was looking for them so I could use them but realized it was up north lol.

Side note. I am labeling out my wire harnesses. For the life of me I cannot find a Cxxx number for this one. I think it may not have one? I've poured through every page of the 85 EVTM. It is the connector on the back of the AC Heater function switch.

20240719_082934.jpg.4223d3e02c9f3a4172719dbbe7947517.jpg

SmartSelect_20240719_082907_Chrome.jpg.5ed4725365dc703534e80fdacbdb9378.jpg

The Safety Red held up to the wipe test so I decided to coat this area up and take it from primer to top coat. The only area I have an issue with is right at the corner by the windshield/antenna. There must have been some condensation I didn't notice as the paint there pulled away. I'll let it dry and clean it up then spray there again. By Sunday this area should be ready to start sealing holes and installing liner/ducts. Bite size chunks.

Speaking of windshield. I noticed that the windshield is loose on the passenger side. Also that fog starting in at the edges. I have to replace the trim clips (however that works) so I guess it's a good time to replace the glass. I am thinking I can have SafeLite come in and do it in the driveway for me.

Be careful that you get an installer who knows how to remove and install the trim.

If you're not from the rust belt the clips may be okay, but I needed both types (bottom + t&s)

Try scouring that area with acetone or something.

Usually adhesion problems like that are due to silicone, armor all, etc..

I was looking for them so I could use them but realized it was up north lol.

Side note. I am labeling out my wire harnesses. For the life of me I cannot find a Cxxx number for this one. I think it may not have one? I've poured through every page of the 85 EVTM. It is the connector on the back of the AC Heater function switch.

Is it for the door/seatbelt/headlights on chime?

Perhaps your truck had an inferred mileage sensor to set off the emissions light?

Perhaps your truck had an inferred mileage sensor to set off the emissions light?

It's the AC Heater function control switch. I figured it had a connector number and I wanted to put it on there. It plugs into the back of the panel on the radio bezel for climate control.

For now I just labeled it per the EVTM name.

20240719_095318.jpg.798f3b618142b023804e18debf3a2c3f.jpg

Got my new distributor yesterday. It feels just uh, a tad more precise than the old stock unit. Probably going to install it in the morning. 450767995_472642335378256_8764285281127772101_n.jpg.f3d63b169eb35b1d6e1023bb3a6a2cd7.jpg450784984_330593400120839_9054998770807604918_n.jpg.5e288cb5762207ccab2d3e198b0f1a99.jpg

A bit of a hybrid. Ford Duraspark II magnetic pickup coil, GM centrifugal advance as well as vacuum advance pod. This distributor has sealed bearings for the shaft instead of bushings and it doesn't wiggle a bit and it turns extremely smoothly. I have the ready to run version of this with the ICM board internal on another vehicle and its been great, so we'll see how this goes. The cap is held on with two screws and doesn't wiggle around like the stock stuff does either.

It comes set up for 21 degrees mechanical advance, starts advancing at 1000 and all in by 3200. Should be good to install as is according to the graph it came with but comes with other springs and limiter bushings also.

Got my new distributor yesterday. It feels just uh, a tad more precise than the old stock unit. Probably going to install it in the morning.

A bit of a hybrid. Ford Duraspark II magnetic pickup coil, GM centrifugal advance as well as vacuum advance pod. This distributor has sealed bearings for the shaft instead of bushings and it doesn't wiggle a bit and it turns extremely smoothly. I have the ready to run version of this with the ICM board internal on another vehicle and its been great, so we'll see how this goes. The cap is held on with two screws and doesn't wiggle around like the stock stuff does either.

It comes set up for 21 degrees mechanical advance, starts advancing at 1000 and all in by 3200. Should be good to install as is according to the graph it came with but comes with other springs and limiter bushings also.

Curve sounds about right for a pickup.

Is vacuum adjustable for both onset and limit?

Curve sounds about right for a pickup.

Is vacuum adjustable for both onset and limit?

Vac advance is adjustable, the instructions say turn clockwise for more advance, counter clockwise for less. I think the onset is the same, just limits total actuation. Same as the stock unit I have now.

Vac advance is adjustable, the instructions say turn clockwise for more advance, counter clockwise for less. I think the onset is the same, just limits total actuation. Same as the stock unit I have now.

It certainly looks the part!

Hopefully it resolved your issue. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:. :nabble_smiley_good: