Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I didn't expect to see arcing, but you have a point about the wires....

Always look at the last thing you changed. 💡. 👍

I guess we know the NGK G power plugs work fine with the DS II. Those blue streak wires are really low OHM, like 150-200 OHM per wire. Could that cause a problem with the DS II? I think they were arching to the headers or something under hard load, but who knows. What's shocking is how well it runs with that wasted distributor. I wound up buying a Summit brand billet magnetic pickup distributor (SAME thing as MSD pro billet for about a third of the cost the cost and I can hook it right up to the DS II). Only reason why I even entertained buying that is I have the ready to run version of it on another car and it's made very nicely and works great. Uses the same magnetic pickup coil as the stock distributor does but way more sturdily built internally. I sure didn't wanna waste $90 on another chinese stock replacement that'll waste itself within 20,000 miles again.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess we know the NGK G power plugs work fine with the DS II. Those blue streak wires are really low OHM, like 150-200 OHM per wire. Could that cause a problem with the DS II? I think they were arching to the headers or something under hard load, but who knows. What's shocking is how well it runs with that wasted distributor. I wound up buying a Summit brand billet magnetic pickup distributor (SAME thing as MSD pro billet for about a third of the cost the cost and I can hook it right up to the DS II). Only reason why I even entertained buying that is I have the ready to run version of it on another car and it's made very nicely and works great. Uses the same magnetic pickup coil as the stock distributor does but way more sturdily built internally. I sure didn't wanna waste $90 on another chinese stock replacement that'll waste itself within 20,000 miles again.

Not "TO" my truck but I have been taking the EVTM schematics for my truck set up and converting it to one big schematic, that is actually interactive as best I can.

This gives me a baseline to see what goes where and adjust it when I start adapting things like adding a fuse box, relays and 3G alt etc. In the end I should be able to have a custom schematic set for Rufus Maximus.

Being all together let's me show all wires in a connector or splice on the same page as well.

Screenshot_20240716_211353_VoltSim.thumb.jpg.4f74d09b2cf3035da58a2c1a6a2a86aa.jpg

Screenshot_20240716_211322_VoltSim.thumb.jpg.62d74eafc1ea6199e8b304106f1213e7.jpg

Here you go "be the electron" yellow hashed move in direction of current flow.

Screenshot_20240716_212035_Gallery.thumb.jpg.52ffd99f06270c6667b6e256e124df43.jpg

Not "TO" my truck but I have been taking the EVTM schematics for my truck set up and converting it to one big schematic, that is actually interactive as best I can.

This gives me a baseline to see what goes where and adjust it when I start adapting things like adding a fuse box, relays and 3G alt etc. In the end I should be able to have a custom schematic set for Rufus Maximus.

Being all together let's me show all wires in a connector or splice on the same page as well.

People have a hard time accepting that Joe Lucas was right....

I've never played with this kind of software.

Eagle was game changing back in my day.

That's really cool! I love it!

Wow!

Man, I love it!

What app do you use for this?

VoltSim

I had a chat with the developer to add content to allow you to box components together. For example if you have 4 relays and 8 fuses in a distribution box you could highlight that like in a traditional schematic. It's in their pipeline.

It's free to use and to get the add on packs it's a one time like $10 charge. IMHO worth it.

1000004686.thumb.jpg.17ae68646c88a255ec7600b840c8d673.jpg

1000004687.thumb.jpg.93db50bc5d1cb7c17a692e62bef564f0.jpg

VoltSim

I had a chat with the developer to add content to allow you to box components together. For example if you have 4 relays and 8 fuses in a distribution box you could highlight that like in a traditional schematic. It's in their pipeline.

It's free to use and to get the add on packs it's a one time like $10 charge. IMHO worth it.

Got my DB "220A Alternator today...:nabble_anim_crazy:

Ummm water pump? Definitely a mislabeled part as the Alternator should be 14lbs this is 4.

1000004683.jpg.154d499a4d74a82fd954b3c8aae99b3f.jpg

Also got a mint condition owners manual off of eBay

1000004685.jpg.697d67cf60fbd035296b793699691add.jpg

Got my DB "220A Alternator today...:nabble_anim_crazy:

Ummm water pump? Definitely a mislabeled part as the Alternator should be 14lbs this is 4.

Also got a mint condition owners manual off of eBay

I'm guessing you got this for the price because it was a return, and Amazon didn't bother to check inside the box.

Someone got a 220A alternator for the price of return shipping as 'not needed' or 'ordered by mistake'...

SmartSelect_20240716_094717_Amazon_Shopping.thumb.jpg.d7c1e628a9a0a564595262a8f8d51b8e.jpg

I'm guessing you got this for the price because it was a return, and Amazon didn't bother to check inside the box.

Someone got a 220A alternator for the price of return shipping as 'not needed' or 'ordered by mistake'...

Probably. I called them because a replacement was not on the option list, just refund and re buy. Over the phone they set me up with free UPS pick up and a replacement is on its way.

Outside of that my label maker showed up. I only wish it did bigger tapes (max on this is 24mm ~1 inch). I have been playing around a bit with it.

20240717_210834.jpg.a2eb8553480d3b5f09adcd2a6bd692b6.jpg