Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Not many of us have access to that type of equipment anymore.

Please let us know what you find

I have one in my garage. I don't get the voltage reading to the picture tube anymore but it still charges the coil and I just use my adjustable spark tester for the reading right off the coil. A bit crude, but it works. One helluva zap getting shocked by that too.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The hood profile is different.

It's lower correct? My hood is sitting lower than my cowl panel currently. Maybe it will line up lol. I gave up trying to align my hood so it not only had even gaps but also didn't catch the cowl when it opened up.

I just need to stop by in the morning I guess and return it. I can grab that snorkel and grill intake then.

The hood profile is different.

It's lower correct? My hood is sitting lower than my cowl panel currently. Maybe it will line up lol. I gave up trying to align my hood so it not only had even gaps but also didn't catch the cowl when it opened up.

I just need to stop by in the morning I guess and return it. I can grab that snorkel and grill intake then.

I think the raised portion between the creases is the difference.

Honestly it's been decades since I noticed.

I put my old bent one back on. (it's a work truck after all)

I think the raised portion between the creases is the difference.

Honestly it's been decades since I noticed.

I put my old bent one back on. (it's a work truck after all)

What harness were you trying to tell me to get yesterday is it this one between the alternator and the starter relay?

1000004652.jpg.7a017c73c0d13e0a39c933ced3e26c9e.jpg

1000004653.jpg.b1a6eab5fb5f985f8b186f2c8e8650b6.jpg

Also what's the thoughts on adapting the OBS intake/air filter to the bullnose

1000004654.jpg.14d7383a0eb08b924b3378b1e4351463.jpg

What harness were you trying to tell me to get yesterday is it this one between the alternator and the starter relay?

Bonus a brick nose bronco in here with the cowl vent needed

20240716_115314.jpg.e8cfbfba14e6daba58fc673b1dba8ad4.jpg

I think Jim was suggesting that you get the charge cable that goes from the 3G alternator to a fuse on the passenger's fender. Or it may go to a fuse in a power distribution box there. I don't think it actually goes to the starter relay, but I may be wrong on that. Still it is a good find.

The air inlet line goes to the fender-mounted air box that is part of the EFI system. If you have factory EFI then you might be able to make it work.

Bonus a brick nose bronco in here with the cowl vent needed

I got pretty nervous and Shakey around that damn fence.

But I am victorious. Looks like some rust under the paint on the driver side and a couple break through spots. Was definitely under a pine tree for an extended time

20240716_122021.jpg.0470372cd8c7622ee9146395e37084f8.jpg

Home with the spoils just in time to start raining.

20240716_122147.jpg.13f722dd223edc0acf8561812540ed06.jpg

**EDIT** I don't think you can see the rain

I got pretty nervous and Shakey around that damn fence.

But I am victorious. Looks like some rust under the paint on the driver side and a couple break through spots. Was definitely under a pine tree for an extended time

Home with the spoils just in time to start raining.

**EDIT** I don't think you can see the rain

The asphalt definitely looks wet.

Yeah, I was saying that the starter cable is an easy factory part with a PMGR swap.

The alternator charge and regulator harness can go all the way back to the PDC, and some boxes have the megafuse+ holder just attached at the end.

These are both easy victories!

Be glad you haven't been conditioned to a learned helplessness response.

Electric shock has been used for evil for a long time. 😈

The asphalt definitely looks wet.

Yeah, I was saying that the starter cable is an easy factory part with a PMGR swap.

The alternator charge and regulator harness can go all the way back to the PDC, and some boxes have the megafuse+ holder just attached at the end.

These are both easy victories!

Be glad you haven't been conditioned to a learned helplessness response.

Electric shock has been used for evil for a long time. 😈

Alright this morning I tested the ignition coil and it was fine. I put the old cap, rotor and plug wires on and it revved right up to 4000 RPM smooth as can be. I did order a new distributor though, that thing is junk anyways. Didn't see any crossfiring in the cap or any carbon tracking on anything, so it must have been the new wires which are the 8.5MM blue streak wires I bought and put the ends on. Not my first set of those, but the wires themselves look different from the last set I used so maybe its a bad batch.

Alright this morning I tested the ignition coil and it was fine. I put the old cap, rotor and plug wires on and it revved right up to 4000 RPM smooth as can be. I did order a new distributor though, that thing is junk anyways. Didn't see any crossfiring in the cap or any carbon tracking on anything, so it must have been the new wires which are the 8.5MM blue streak wires I bought and put the ends on. Not my first set of those, but the wires themselves look different from the last set I used so maybe its a bad batch.

I didn't expect to see arcing, but you have a point about the wires....

Always look at the last thing you changed. 💡. 👍