Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Ah, okay

I'm looking at my phone without glasses.

So you're jiggling around the plate, and not the reluctor?

How many miles would you estimate got put on that distributor in the past 8 years?

I must say that I am stuck on the fact that an open to the public yard has any electrified fence anywhere near people and steel. especially during business hours. this is time to seek council. and I mean first thing in the morning! I am not litigious in nature, but you will have expenses. waivers upon entry are NOT for electrocution by hazards beyond reason. they are for if you harm yourself pulling a trans or something of that sort.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only '87-'91 cowls fit.

There's a body line change between aeronose and obs....

Not the part number, but the engineering number.

You can cross in the MPC.

Dang nabbit! It's oke I can take the cowl back. It looks right I wonder what the difference is? Only thing I can think of is the screws in the back.

Only '87-'91 cowls fit.

There's a body line change between aeronose and obs....

Not the part number, but the engineering number.

You can cross in the MPC.

Dang nabbit! It's oke I can take the cowl back. It looks right I wonder what the difference is? Only thing I can think of is the screws in the back.

The hood profile is different.

If the forked starter cable is good, and the 3G harness is always a nice score too!

Adding to my list when I go back. Along with the stuff I left behind.

Glad you are okay!

It's no fun at all to get electrocuted.

I'm reminded of ~20 years ago on a hot summer afternoon when my (departed) friend and I stopped at the local pizza place.

I was sitting in the front window and he was sweaty, leaning against the -grounded- Coke* machine.

I took hold of the neon light connection and reached out to grab his arm. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Yeah. That's every bit of an older ignition coil!

I must say that I am stuck on the fact that an open to the public yard has any electrified fence anywhere near people and steel. especially during business hours. this is time to seek council. and I mean first thing in the morning! I am not litigious in nature, but you will have expenses. waivers upon entry are NOT for electrocution by hazards beyond reason. they are for if you harm yourself pulling a trans or something of that sort.

My company offered volunteer coverages this year. The two In picked up was Accident Insurance for like $116 and then a legal plan. Both through MetLife.

The accident insurance will pay out $100 for the ER, $200 for the labs, $1000 for the hospital stay $75 for follow ups etc. It's basically pocket cash to help with any CoPays. When BCBS knows this is an accident they hold any payments etc.

The accident lawyers are sending an investigator to LKQ tomorrow.

I agree LKQ is a nationwide PyP company. No need for the fence to be on during the day.

There was no waiver or signage about it. I've been going here for 10 years never knew there was a fence. Lawyer said state law is a sign every 60 feet that says "Warning- Electric Fence" verbatim.must say that. They have a sign every 60 feet alternating in English and Spanish. So there is 120 feet between signs.

The door when fully open on that truck was about 4 inches from the fence as well. You would think they would give a few feet of clearance there. It's poor planning and negligence in order to save some money on catalytic converters.

When your employees say almost all of them have been shocked it's a problem.

My vitals have come back into good ranges so if all is good they said they will discharge me early. My heart was all.sorts of pissed off for a few hours.

This is the alley view 97 F250 on the left.

1000004592.jpg.7819a6fe204f06a9bff92207bc50c2b6.jpg

This is the sign I found after I said wtf to myself and was looking to see if this was an electric fence.(Yellow one)

It was hidden behind that truck and in a language I don't speak.

1000004590.jpg.d64f1ed3d0cc4ab21a6ece4cbb3ca545.jpg

Ok waiting on a hospital bed but feel more coherent.

I pulled the PD box from the blue 1995 F250 but that truck looked like it was in a flood. I went to grab the cowl but I couldn't convince the wipers to come off.

it has the 460 motor looks like. The seats were no good. I wanted to grab the visors but the ER visit cut that short.

That sent me to the White 1997 F-250 the windshield was out and I grabbed the cowl from this one. No pictures yet. It's not in as good shape as the blue one but I'll her it out. I also bent it a bit when I rushed to close my tailgate.

I left the dang cowl seal on the ground when I left. I grabbed this distribution box as well and discarded the rust water flooded one of the blue F-250. The seats were no go, wet and smelled like reefer.

Took pictures of the vin and door tag for posterity. Rest in pieces F-250.

The door In was holding when I backed into that zappy fence.

Fun fact the plugs in the footwell on this 1997 are not metal with screws they are rubber. Here is the part number. This one tore on me.

Disappointed in the 1984 as it didn't have much to give up. It was already raided. I have to go back because the Driver A Pillar Non-Headliner trim was not cracked.

I took the radio bezel adapter that was in there. Why not. It had a different style coolant reservoir. This is the same.atyle you can buy brand new from Dennis Carpenter.

Also why not, here's the jack. It has a rubber neck. Not sure if it's stock. I may go get it and start a Ford jack collection.

The seats were the big interest on this one unfortunately it was a welded in custom set up.

For posterity, Rest in pieces 1984 F150:

I took that quickly as I was heading out, struggling to breathe but got the tag lol.

The wiper arms have a small lock tab to retain them on the splined hubs. Take a screwdriver and put it under the tang and pry it outward.

The wiper arms have a small lock tab to retain them on the splined hubs. Take a screwdriver and put it under the tang and pry it outward.

You have to lift the arm first, to get the lock clip to shift over and release. 💡

I think the air gap is constantly changing and there may be a shaft speed where there is a harmonic, or where centrifugal force (from an out of balance rotor???) may cause spark to scatter or be lost.

Is there any sign that the reluctor has actually touched the pickup?

You might try covering the pickup surface with permanent marker.

If something actually touches, that's going to trigger spark, as surely as rapping the distributor with a screwdriver handle will cause a spark.

There's a whole section on testing and limits for DS-II.

I'd posted it back on FTE a few times, but don't have that computer anymore....

There is quit a bit of an air gap but I noticed the reluctor teeth are not totally straight anymore. I noticed when it starts breaking up the most is right about the point the centrifugal advance is all in. I got about 800 ohms out of the pickup coil yesterday. 1.5 ohm primary and 9000 ohm secondary on the ignition coil but I'm going to test the coil on the sun 1020 tomorrow just to make sure it's still producing strong spark.

There is quit a bit of an air gap but I noticed the reluctor teeth are not totally straight anymore. I noticed when it starts breaking up the most is right about the point the centrifugal advance is all in. I got about 800 ohms out of the pickup coil yesterday. 1.5 ohm primary and 9000 ohm secondary on the ignition coil but I'm going to test the coil on the sun 1020 tomorrow just to make sure it's still producing strong spark.

Not many of us have access to that type of equipment anymore.

Please let us know what you find