Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

At the junkyard this morning thought I got lucky would this air cleaner but it's rusted through doesn't appear to be the correct one anyway.

You see anything I should be grabbing holler. I'm here for two more.hours.

The snorkel is already loose.

If you want a dual inlet like Gary grab that and the plastic piece that fits to the radiator support....💡

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had no idea Ford was selling these lifters still. I assume these work on a 460 as well.

- How well do the Ford lifters work vs aftermarket ones (comp cams, melling?)....

- Any risk of Ford discontinuing these ? If so, I should stock up some.

- Is there a Ford OEM Cam as well ?... stock grind is usually fine for my needs on the 460...

I think Melling makes pumps, lifters and cams for Ford.

I have a stock replacement 429/460 cam I bought from U-haul surplus.

...... in the barn..... back in Wilton. 🙄.

The snorkel is already loose.

If you want a dual inlet like Gary grab that and the plastic piece that fits to the radiator support....💡

I'll go back and grab that. The rear was gone or toast.

This 90s 250 is rough gonna grab the PD box and this cowl

20240715_093654.jpg.5794fd481cf53ebaabfb87c5bd864c12.jpg

If the forked starter cable is good, and the 3G harness is always a nice score too!

Will post info of what I got or accidentally left behind in ER they had a live electric fence I caught across the back through my left hand into the f-250 door burned my fingers.

I think Melling makes pumps, lifters and cams for Ford.

I have a stock replacement 429/460 cam I bought from U-haul surplus.

...... in the barn..... back in Wilton. 🙄.

Not sure which made these lifters for Ford but they don't look like melling, engine tech or sealed power lifters. They have a fancy snap ring holding the plungers in as well instead of a wre clip.

One thing I did do is I used NGK G power single platinum plug for the first time. Could the DS II be throwing a fit because of this? Never used those in this truck before.

Will post info of what I got or accidentally left behind in ER they had a live electric fence I caught across the back through my left hand into the f-250 door burned my fingers.

Ok waiting on a hospital bed but feel more coherent.

I pulled the PD box from the blue 1995 F250 but that truck looked like it was in a flood. I went to grab the cowl but I couldn't convince the wipers to come off.

it has the 460 motor looks like. The seats were no good. I wanted to grab the visors but the ER visit cut that short.

1000004585.jpg.99d9f3399d503bfb75852efa45599d6b.jpg

1000004586.jpg.9328389025d140797f8cb8a52f1ce272.jpg

That sent me to the White 1997 F-250 the windshield was out and I grabbed the cowl from this one. No pictures yet. It's not in as good shape as the blue one but I'll her it out. I also bent it a bit when I rushed to close my tailgate.

I left the dang cowl seal on the ground when I left. I grabbed this distribution box as well and discarded the rust water flooded one of the blue F-250. The seats were no go, wet and smelled like reefer.

Took pictures of the vin and door tag for posterity. Rest in pieces F-250.

1000004587.jpg.83ed58630a1fde5679675c0479bf37c5.jpg

1000004588.jpg.ff298b4abfe0ee6e3e5ddff35bf818cd.jpg

The door In was holding when I backed into that zappy fence.

1000004593.jpg.1e7e6c54f29782424c4e3ad8bbea816f.jpg

Fun fact the plugs in the footwell on this 1997 are not metal with screws they are rubber. Here is the part number. This one tore on me.

1000004594.jpg.8a6cd69d7ff8ceef5026405dc2a41ddf.jpg

1000004595.jpg.e2fc8e730ef93b3eee9e327194032f2d.jpg

Disappointed in the 1984 as it didn't have much to give up. It was already raided. I have to go back because the Driver A Pillar Non-Headliner trim was not cracked.

I took the radio bezel adapter that was in there. Why not. It had a different style coolant reservoir. This is the same.atyle you can buy brand new from Dennis Carpenter.

1000004580.jpg.565e86271fa87b1fbefff9c05326bac3.jpg

Also why not, here's the jack. It has a rubber neck. Not sure if it's stock. I may go get it and start a Ford jack collection.

1000004583.jpg.c4d3ef31e69d892fa40e5ffdf0193c86.jpg

The seats were the big interest on this one unfortunately it was a welded in custom set up.

1000004581.jpg.e6d36375b078ce08125b89a61e62667e.jpg

For posterity, Rest in pieces 1984 F150:

1000004597.jpg.5ecfbf6ab64cd62dcc7447f7915eff5f.jpg

I took that quickly as I was heading out, struggling to breathe but got the tag lol.

Ok waiting on a hospital bed but feel more coherent.

I pulled the PD box from the blue 1995 F250 but that truck looked like it was in a flood. I went to grab the cowl but I couldn't convince the wipers to come off.

it has the 460 motor looks like. The seats were no good. I wanted to grab the visors but the ER visit cut that short.

That sent me to the White 1997 F-250 the windshield was out and I grabbed the cowl from this one. No pictures yet. It's not in as good shape as the blue one but I'll her it out. I also bent it a bit when I rushed to close my tailgate.

I left the dang cowl seal on the ground when I left. I grabbed this distribution box as well and discarded the rust water flooded one of the blue F-250. The seats were no go, wet and smelled like reefer.

Took pictures of the vin and door tag for posterity. Rest in pieces F-250.

The door In was holding when I backed into that zappy fence.

Fun fact the plugs in the footwell on this 1997 are not metal with screws they are rubber. Here is the part number. This one tore on me.

Disappointed in the 1984 as it didn't have much to give up. It was already raided. I have to go back because the Driver A Pillar Non-Headliner trim was not cracked.

I took the radio bezel adapter that was in there. Why not. It had a different style coolant reservoir. This is the same.atyle you can buy brand new from Dennis Carpenter.

Also why not, here's the jack. It has a rubber neck. Not sure if it's stock. I may go get it and start a Ford jack collection.

The seats were the big interest on this one unfortunately it was a welded in custom set up.

For posterity, Rest in pieces 1984 F150:

I took that quickly as I was heading out, struggling to breathe but got the tag lol.

Cowl distribution box and radio adapter cost me $72 out the door.

Accident insurance is paying out $1300 for the zap. Lawyer may get me a whole new truck lol.

Accident insurance is paying out $1300 for the zap. Lawyer may get me a whole new truck lol.

Okay, did some more looking this morning to see whats up with this thing. I took it out for a quick spin after checking the cap and rotor, those look good but the distributor shaft has a LOT of side to side and up and down wiggle to it and the rotor can wiggle all over the place because of it and I don't remember it being like that when it was new. Today is much cooler and more humid and it starts randomly misfiring at 2500 under load and gets worse the higher it revs. I checked the DS II module (OLD) and its becoming gooey underneath so I changed the module to my good spare for a test and the problem got a bit better. Thinking its either that distributor, wires or sparkplugs at this point. I don't remember it doing this the couple of times I initially ran it to 3000 and 3500 once when I first got it running, so something is failing.

I took my dad for a ride to see what he thinks, and the way it acts up is like when ignition points are floating/bouncing on a points and condenser system. I'll put my old cap and wires back on tomorrow to see if that fixes it.

Dang man. Glad you got out relatively unscathed.

Sounds like the yard needs to revamp their electrification plan..... pretty soon they will be recycling EVs and those suckers don't go easy on unwanted volts :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: An ESD event/zap can destroy batteries/electronics... there is built in ESD protection but after an accident, on a salvage vehicle I wouldn't trust anything