Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

My bronco came with a really souped up 400 with a lot of fancy high end parts…. I sold the non running 400 and it’s parts but a few things are still around…

Anyway, this one starter is still around… anyone know anything about it??

will the tci starter not fit the 460? I would use it immediately if it fits.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will the tci starter not fit the 460? I would use it immediately if it fits.

I have not tried.... in fact I forgot about it. I was looking yesterday after my starter smoking incident to see if I had a spare... I have a couple of spares... but it looks like this one would fit.. It is also one which has the "solenoid/relay" or whatever that is built into it, so wiring changes are in order.. thus.. a mental holdup from trying it thus far....

I have not tried.... in fact I forgot about it. I was looking yesterday after my starter smoking incident to see if I had a spare... I have a couple of spares... but it looks like this one would fit.. It is also one which has the "solenoid/relay" or whatever that is built into it, so wiring changes are in order.. thus.. a mental holdup from trying it thus far....

it's a simple wiring job given as much as you have done so far. relocate the large wire to the battery side of the fender relay and run a new trigger wire from the controlled side of the fender relay. wa-la'!

it's a simple wiring job given as much as you have done so far. relocate the large wire to the battery side of the fender relay and run a new trigger wire from the controlled side of the fender relay. wa-la'!

As long as the 400, 429, 460 are the same (manual or automatic) that high torque, clockable Tilston style starter is TWTG!

If you are real lucky and find a later truck that came with the PMGR starter, get the starter harness if if hasn't been cut.

The relay end is a molded piece with the two large terminals to go right onto the relay.

No rest for the weary.

I think I have what is the fuel system control harness out. AC and dash box is out. Dug some of the compost out of the cavity in the footwell. That looks to be still solid down there. I'm thinking some 80mesh screen is about to get welded into the cowl or that pocket to prevent that from happening again.

I didn't remove the fender to get the box out used a combo of flex extensions and unis. The upper passenger bolt has a nut on the back instead of a nut plate. That took some effort to grab through the air box. If the damper door was closed it would have been impossible.

If you are real lucky and find a later truck that came with the PMGR starter, get the starter harness if if hasn't been cut.

The relay end is a molded piece with the two large terminals to go right onto the relay.

Good idea. I’ll be on the lookout for that. I’m sure I’ll come across an “OBS” truck.

No rest for the weary.

I think I have what is the fuel system control harness out. AC and dash box is out. Dug some of the compost out of the cavity in the footwell. That looks to be still solid down there. I'm thinking some 80mesh screen is about to get welded into the cowl or that pocket to prevent that from happening again.

I didn't remove the fender to get the box out used a combo of flex extensions and unis. The upper passenger bolt has a nut on the back instead of a nut plate. That took some effort to grab through the air box. If the damper door was closed it would have been impossible.

"Re-assembly is the reverse of removal"...

Always fun when the entire vehicle is built around 'X'. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Heater core on the firewall above the tunnel on later Ford vehicles comes to mind. :nabble_smiley_whistling: