Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Can't wait to see what you think of that carb. And this is the forum working its magic. :nabble_anim_claps:

I'm hopeful to put that carb to good use... maybe do a direct comparison vs the 1411.

I don't know if it will need a rebuild before I try it out.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm hopeful to put that carb to good use... maybe do a direct comparison vs the 1411.

Got most of the AC box and ducts out today and all the inside ducts are cleaned up. My gaskets came in from Rock Auto and Amazon now I need to get on that.

I need to find the fluid required for my rear diff. I'm seeing multiple options or just Ford hypoid lubricant. I'm about to go out and get full synth. 75w/140 and call it a day. Sporting Dana 70 HD with 10.54 pumpkin got my Felpro RDS6014 and permatex #80019 ready to go.

I believe I just sprayed the insides with WD40 when I changed the accelerator pump. (which is why it came off)

But the 750 seemed to pull harder on top, so the AVS just got parked on a shelf in the barn.

It was fine then, but I don't know what condensation & dust may have done over the years.

Pull the lid off and take a look. If it isn't crusty it should be good to go. 👍

If Gary remembers, it looked like it came from the bottom of a lake when I got it! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I was on an eBay spree, and got my ribbed Mercruiser valve covers about the same time.

Got most of the AC box and ducts out today and all the inside ducts are cleaned up. My gaskets came in from Rock Auto and Amazon now I need to get on that.

I need to find the fluid required for my rear diff. I'm seeing multiple options or just Ford hypoid lubricant. I'm about to go out and get full synth. 75w/140 and call it a day. Sporting Dana 70 HD with 10.54 pumpkin got my Felpro RDS6014 and permatex #80019 ready to go.

Buy the Valvoline in bags. It's much easier to fill if you just scrunch the bag up from the bottom.

Now that I have a drain plug I'd get rid of my suction gun if it weren't for the D44 up front.

That thing always seems to make a mess. (maybe it's just me? :nabble_smiley_hurt:)

Edit photo

IMG_20240709_140526_HDR.jpg.36e8ae22e3c42f895b908b15a0ef9380.jpg

Buy the Valvoline in bags. It's much easier to fill if you just scrunch the bag up from the bottom.

Now that I have a drain plug I'd get rid of my suction gun if it weren't for the D44 up front.

That thing always seems to make a mess. (maybe it's just me? :nabble_smiley_hurt:)

Edit photo

Haven't tried the gear oil in the bags yet, but I was planning on turning my old engines oil pump into a transfer pump I could run with the old driveshaft in my drill for filling differentials and such. The hand pump that screws onto the bottles works pretty good but takes too long. I could've used that refilling the NV3500 in my nephews pickup a while back.

Received the Edelbrock 650 AVS from Jim today.

Jim, you should become an instructor with Amazon's shipping department on best practices for shipping. Your packaging was spot on and eco friendly. Amazon's eco-friendly / sustainable package leaves much to be desired namely protective elements therein:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Fit like a glove in that 11x12 flat rate box! :nabble_smiley_good:

IMG_20240703_150832_HDR.jpg.e28f927d8041c6a8dc7540256da434f3.jpg

Fit like a glove in that 11x12 flat rate box! :nabble_smiley_good:

Got the fittings I needed to complete the A/C install. Took the old hoses to a hose supply shop that can recrimp fittings onto new hose for repairing a bad hose. They don't have the fittings, but reused my originals. Now, I can mock up and mark the orientation of the fittings, take those to a local shop that can crimp them for me. Once that is done, it should just be a matter of putting it all together, reassembling the dash, and vac/charge the system.

Hopefully, I can all that done in the few days, as it's about to get HOT again.....

Got the fittings I needed to complete the A/C install. Took the old hoses to a hose supply shop that can recrimp fittings onto new hose for repairing a bad hose. They don't have the fittings, but reused my originals. Now, I can mock up and mark the orientation of the fittings, take those to a local shop that can crimp them for me. Once that is done, it should just be a matter of putting it all together, reassembling the dash, and vac/charge the system.

Hopefully, I can all that done in the few days, as it's about to get HOT again.....

Almost forgot to add, the Peterbilt dealer is right down the road from the hose shop. Had to stop in and get me a new hat, and front plate for the pickup. Sounds like a Peterbilt, might as well rep the best truck on the road.

Almost forgot to add, the Peterbilt dealer is right down the road from the hose shop. Had to stop in and get me a new hat, and front plate for the pickup. Sounds like a Peterbilt, might as well rep the best truck on the road.

That's great, Paul! You have a couple more days before the heat returns, and I hope you have the cool working before then. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

That's great, Paul! You have a couple more days before the heat returns, and I hope you have the cool working before then. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Well I have to work 1/2 day today, then 3 full days. But I can at least make some progress on it. Going to also be cleaning 40+ years of dust and dirt from inside the dash area as I go.

In the end, I'm almost gonna hate putting that dash pad back in. It's seen much better days.....