Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

3 gallon oil yes, but the oil filter and fuel filter combined aren't too bad. See, I work in an auto parts store. Employee discount makes a slight difference........

Okay!

So you're not buying filters, retail, direct from the mothership! 😂

Price a Cummins branded one lately???

Welcome back!

Do you have any stories to share of your Fummins adventure?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay!

Welcome back!

I wouldn't recommend anyone else try this, as it has been the picture of reliabilty. Other than normal PM stuff, and a water pump (on a cummins? No way!!!! LOL) I did replace the belt, since I was there. Old one behind seat, just in case.

I get plenty of looks, and questions. Even after living in this town for 3 years, some folks are still surprised by what's hiding under the hood.....

I've had several folks ask for advice on doing a Cummins swap, but haven't had many that actually followed through. A former co-worked did complete the same swap in his 85 D150 Dodge. We kinda stole the show at the recent Mopar event here in town.....

Old engines like to keep the juices flowing!

When you drive a 460, that can get expensive at the pump! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

In french «cash» money is called argent «liquide».

In english, there is kind of similarities with the terminology «cash flow» and «liquidity».

I heard it comes from old Italian expression “liquido”, but I

like to imagine it refers to the expensive liquid we pour in our trucks tanks.

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Old engines like to keep the juices flowing!

When you drive a 460, that can get expensive at the pump! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

In french «cash» money is called argent «liquide».

In english, there is kind of similarities with the terminology «cash flow» and «liquidity».

I heard it comes from old Italian expression “liquido”, but I

like to imagine it refers to the expensive liquid we pour in our trucks tanks.

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Argent, to me is silver.

My truck came with argent wheel covers.

I learned to drive stick in a 1967 Ferrari, Grigio Argento....

Silver grey....

In my world.

The new yoke appears to be 3/8 taller than the one I can't get the backlash set.

I can see I'm going to be busy tomorrow.... 🙄

IMG_20240703_151733_HDR.jpg.9d528b67657a445693bd31fcb0e04082.jpg

Okay!

Welcome back!

I wouldn't recommend anyone else try this, as it has been the picture of reliabilty. Other than normal PM stuff, and a water pump (on a cummins? No way!!!! LOL) I did replace the belt, since I was there. Old one behind seat, just in case.

I get plenty of looks, and questions. Even after living in this town for 3 years, some folks are still surprised by what's hiding under the hood.....

I've had several folks ask for advice on doing a Cummins swap, but haven't had many that actually followed through. A former co-worked did complete the same swap in his 85 D150 Dodge. We kinda stole the show at the recent Mopar event here in town.....

I imagine it's awesome!

And not too difficult to get mounted?

C&C equipment on YouTube recently did a Stupordoodie crew cab with* his son.

It turned out really nice, and the playlist points out the stumbling blocks. 👍

Everything SHOULD BE short pinion (85-92) parts.

But I've just seen a yoke on Amazon listed as 85-92 with a D3TE p/n, so obviously not all manufacturers have it right.

Tried to buy everything Dana/Spicer but couldn't find a 4.10 gear set so..... 🤷‍♂️

I'll post a pic of the pinion splines when I get out there...

Well, the new yoke seems to be 3/8 longer than the 85-92 one.

IMG_20240703_151733_HDR.jpg.96f7fc5b326adf481c79872c5f6208d3.jpg

I suppose I'll find out tomorrow

Okay!

Welcome back!

Paul - Welcome back, Kotter!!!

Glad to hear that nameless engine is still running. Please plan on bringing it all the way up here for the show, which I think will be Sept 14th. You might steal this show. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Paul - Welcome back, Kotter!!!

Glad to hear that nameless engine is still running. Please plan on bringing it all the way up here for the show, which I think will be Sept 14th. You might steal this show. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, I would like to bring it up for the show, but I will need advance notice on the date, as I normally work every saturday. With enough notice, I can request the day off.

Gary, I would like to bring it up for the show, but I will need advance notice on the date, as I normally work every saturday. With enough notice, I can request the day off.

I'll get right back with you, Paul. Would sure like to see you - and the truck.