Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

You know it couldn't have been a better spot... but... I asked Napa if they had the master cylinder in stock. I know the guy.. he would have totally helped me pump and bleed the brakes. We could have replaced it there I could have been on my way. Unfortunately Napa said it would be morning before the cylinder came. And leaving a 78' Bronco parked there overnight was a bad idea.... it would be broken-into no doubt. I sold my 84 to a colleague that lived in an apartment complex nearby. 2 days after I sold it, it got broken into. Steering column got busted, etc.... and having AAA is exactly for times likes these ;) I also prefer to do it right in my garage.... Bench bleed it first, etc...

It is strange though that I had no indication of the master cylinder going out... is that always typical? The braking hasn't been all that great since the get-go.. I had just assume that was the capability. Maybe that was the master cylinder not working at its best.

I think I finally found the remaining piece of my Humpty Dumpty 10.25" fragmentation grenade.

Though I'm still on the lookout for U-bolt type,go do have unused straps & 12pt bolts.

https://www.yukongear.com/shop/yy-f100603

Edit: seems 11651 is the long 31 spline 1350 u-bolt model that I need!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I finally found the remaining piece of my Humpty Dumpty 10.25" fragmentation grenade.

Though I'm still on the lookout for U-bolt type,go do have unused straps & 12pt bolts.

Something is wrong at Yukon because it can't be 1999-2010 AND fit an 85 F250..... :nabble_anim_crazy:

Man, this has been quite the saga! I hope this is the last piece of the puzzle. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Man, this has been quite the saga! I hope this is the last piece of the puzzle. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

I was going to say... as expensive as that yoke is... would it be even worthwhile picking up an entire 10.25" on Facebook just for the parts...? I have found about 2 close to me from a 80s truck for ~$250... I have a spare 10.25" myself on a parts truck with approx 100k miles on it.... its a 4.10 rear end which I have saved up for a future upgrade if my 3.06 craps out ever.

I was going to say... as expensive as that yoke is... would it be even worthwhile picking up an entire 10.25" on Facebook just for the parts...? I have found about 2 close to me from a 80s truck for ~$250... I have a spare 10.25" myself on a parts truck with approx 100k miles on it.... its a 4.10 rear end which I have saved up for a future upgrade if my 3.06 craps out ever.

I'm not strong enough to move it, and I have no place to put it.

Besides (as you well know) neighbors don't like looking at your junkyard. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I'm not strong enough to move it, and I have no place to put it.

Besides (as you well know) neighbors don't like looking at your junkyard. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-rotfl-57x22_orig.gif

Got the rear door panels off today to check what's wrong with the mechanisms. Pretty simple issue. All the plastic retainers for the door rods have rotted away and the bars are not attached.

I must be missing it but I can't seem to find the part numbers for these. I found some generic 5/32 retainers on Amazon but they don't look like the one that connects the outside handle to the latch.

20240629_192352.jpg.98a69a65ddde35ff6c66474a9d01aacc.jpg

Got the rear door panels off today to check what's wrong with the mechanisms. Pretty simple issue. All the plastic retainers for the door rods have rotted away and the bars are not attached.

I must be missing it but I can't seem to find the part numbers for these. I found some generic 5/32 retainers on Amazon but they don't look like the one that connects the outside handle to the latch.

I have used a bunch of these over the years and none are as good as the originals, yet the originals are 30plus years old even if not broken. o reillys has a supplier named disco. they sell bulk wholesale fasteners. I have one of their catalogs and use it to order hardware. you will need to ask at the counter and hopefully get a manager because it is rarely used and most of the counter guys I deal with don't even know. they barely know what's on the shelf in front of them! but you may very well get 50 or even 100 for a reasonable price.

I have used a bunch of these over the years and none are as good as the originals, yet the originals are 30plus years old even if not broken. o reillys has a supplier named disco. they sell bulk wholesale fasteners. I have one of their catalogs and use it to order hardware. you will need to ask at the counter and hopefully get a manager because it is rarely used and most of the counter guys I deal with don't even know. they barely know what's on the shelf in front of them! but you may very well get 50 or even 100 for a reasonable price.

In bit of a pickle, it's going to rain in a couple hours and need to go move my kid out of her appt.

The replacement motor that came with the truck has a different connecting arm than the original. I'm also a bit worried about the position it's clocked at.

20240630_100517.jpg.02771321e7335dfb1e079d77904f65ad.jpg

20240630_100517.jpg.02771321e7335dfb1e079d77904f65ad.jpg

20240630_101008.jpg.91564ce561fa2c3660fa7c5465a54bb0.jpg

They appear to be mirror opposites. I think I'm hosed on this one until I get a new motor. I'm gonna button up the cowl and go get my kid and then sort out a new motor.

Unless someone else has delt with this and there is a way around it.

In bit of a pickle, it's going to rain in a couple hours and need to go move my kid out of her appt.

The replacement motor that came with the truck has a different connecting arm than the original. I'm also a bit worried about the position it's clocked at.

They appear to be mirror opposites. I think I'm hosed on this one until I get a new motor. I'm gonna button up the cowl and go get my kid and then sort out a new motor.

Unless someone else has delt with this and there is a way around it.

What I'm seeing for sale has the same rod... But I'm at a loss for how to get it hookd up.

Screenshot_20240630_101317_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f317b3a26812a0a607962e288d2f918e.jpg