Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Fuel delivery system seems pretty rough but functional for at least the forward tank. This is probably a good place to start on that issue before anything else.

I can bend tube I just need to figure out what size should be run to these tanks.

So we have a brass Tee here and a 1/4 turn brass valve, then the fuel filter.(Above)

Then this red guy I thought may be a pump. I didn't get a good look at it. Lots of loose wiring here and lots of cut and or spliced wiring.

Thats a gravity fed Edelbrock fuel pump for a carburetor. Probably a 17301. That pump should be close to the tank (within a couple of feet) to prevent vapor lock.

Fuel delivery system seems pretty rough but functional for at least the forward tank. This is probably a good place to start on that issue before anything else.

I can bend tube I just need to figure out what size should be run to these tanks.

So we have a brass Tee here and a 1/4 turn brass valve, then the fuel filter.(Above)

Then this red guy I thought may be a pump. I didn't get a good look at it. Lots of loose wiring here and lots of cut and or spliced wiring.

The bead chain was cruise control.

3/8 feed and 5/16 return on the fuel lines.

I've never seen red romex.

White =14, yellow=12, Orange=10 Ga. Red is for fire alarms....

I have been doubting my Bronco's speedometer accuracy because I have been unable to go faster than about 65mph without really "feeling it". I don't want to push it harder with its 3.5 gearing. I used a speedometer app this evening and the speedometer is dead accurate... I guess these Broncos are not much of a highway animal. Big Blue 2WD on the other hand easily does 85mph without issues with the 3.06 gears.... it makes sense that the gearing is probably more important than anything else... OD would be nice though.

My truck has 4.10's and stock (32")"tires.

It goes well over 120 if you wind it up to redline. 🤷‍♂️

My truck has 4.10's and stock (32")"tires.

It goes well over 120 if you wind it up to redline. 🤷‍♂️

You are correct, I’m probably just not feeling comfortable. Short wheel base + 5500 lbs + steering box with play.

The bead chain was cruise control.

3/8 feed and 5/16 return on the fuel lines.

I've never seen red romex.

White =14, yellow=12, Orange=10 Ga. Red is for fire alarms....

Got it out. Blue and black stranded wire in red Romex style jacket. No identification markings, probably recycled from some equipment.

20240627_094010.jpg.692bdb2867a98972c6027bbffc389947.jpg

ID.

Rufus Maximus work continues.

Romex out, old wiper motor out (appears to be original), cowl and wiper motor cover out, wiper arms out, hood adjusted to clear cowl.

Side note filled up the ranger with ethanol free today and went from a 27.2 average on my route to 33.4 mpg. I love inline engines. This 2.3 is probably going to go down like the 300 IMHO.

ID.

Since that's ID that's gotta be for soft line. Hard tube is OD I think so then if I run aluminum or steel lines along the frame 1/2 OD I think would get me 3/8ID.

I have some 5/16 OD zinc plated steel I bought and used to remake the tube from the pump to carb on my 300I6. I think it would be cool to use aluminum tube potentially on the frame here. You can get it anodized from the shop already so you can color code return and supply lines. But you have to make sure you match fittings and keep it off the frame because galvanic corrosion is not cool.

Looking at Rock Auto OEM pumps they have 5/16 connections, seems pretty restrictive for such a beast of an engine. Does anyone know of a compatible pickup/pump in a larger bore that is compatible with factory tanks?

ID.

Since that's ID that's gotta be for soft line. Hard tube is OD I think so then if I run aluminum or steel lines along the frame 1/2 OD I think would get me 3/8ID.

I have some 5/16 OD zinc plated steel I bought and used to remake the tube from the pump to carb on my 300I6. I think it would be cool to use aluminum tube potentially on the frame here. You can get it anodized from the shop already so you can color code return and supply lines. But you have to make sure you match fittings and keep it off the frame because galvanic corrosion is not cool.

Looking at Rock Auto OEM pumps they have 5/16 connections, seems pretty restrictive for such a beast of an engine. Does anyone know of a compatible pickup/pump in a larger bore that is compatible with factory tanks?

Ford has a weird setup where soft nylon lines use an o-ringed fitting and "duckbill" locking tab to join a flare/flange on the hardlines running up the frame rail.

I'm not certain, but I think both soft and rigid line are the same ID.

I do well know that convention says hose and pipe are ID & tubing is OD, but I don't think that's the case here..... :nabble_anim_confused: