Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Rub pads installed!

Looking at the spring bushings in the front I really should replace them.

(Are there part numbers on the suspension page?)

Shouldn't waste my time if I'm going to do a D60 swap.

That is down the road given my finances.

Progress!

No, there aren't any part numbers for the bushings. Yet. Do you need them?

Also, did you see that I moved your post and my response on the menu?

Progress!

No, there aren't any part numbers for the bushings. Yet. Do you need them?

Also, did you see that I moved your post and my response on the menu?

If I keep the TTB front end I'm *going to* need them.

250's are very hard on bushings because the leaf springs twist in an arc.

Trucks with coils or a straight axle don't have any problem.

No, I didn't notice anything except that we are on a new page.

What exactly changed?

What exactly changed?

I moved your post about the menu issue to the thread called Do You Like The New Menu? And, that took my response to you about it to that thread as well.

I'll put the front bushings on the to-do list. But if I don't get to it in time please ping me.

What exactly changed?

Jim - See if this page answers your questions: Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension. Note that I don't have much on the Parts # tab. Turns out that is a very complex issue as most of the info requires you to find your parts list number for your specific axle out of a 7-page table that starts like the one shown below. Note that I've highlighted axle E0TA-EF, and that it has parts list number 30.3B.

Cross-Reference_Guide_Example.thumb.jpg.5bca62ee55c68fb0189cf30e94757c71.jpg

Then, and only then, you can turn to the parts lists that look like the one below, where you go to Parts List # 30.3 and then down Column B, for 30.3B.

But those tables go on for 54 pages for the Dana 44 axles alone, and then there are the other axles. Each range of codes, like A thru M, takes up about 6 pages, and there must be 8 ranges for the 54 pages. So posting that info is going to take some time, and I'm not sure of the need for it.

Thoughts?

Axle_Parts_List_Example.thumb.jpg.ea09f67b49b5ff33aa97505d2442a107.jpg

Jim - See if this page answers your questions: Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension. Note that I don't have much on the Parts # tab. Turns out that is a very complex issue as most of the info requires you to find your parts list number for your specific axle out of a 7-page table that starts like the one shown below. Note that I've highlighted axle E0TA-EF, and that it has parts list number 30.3B.

Then, and only then, you can turn to the parts lists that look like the one below, where you go to Parts List # 30.3 and then down Column B, for 30.3B.

But those tables go on for 54 pages for the Dana 44 axles alone, and then there are the other axles. Each range of codes, like A thru M, takes up about 6 pages, and there must be 8 ranges for the 54 pages. So posting that info is going to take some time, and I'm not sure of the need for it.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I'm not going to need all that.

I have the gfaw rating and will just get Moog through Amazon.

Sleeves are a LOT easier to get out with an air chisel, but I like to smash my fingers.

I may just have to borrow a ball joint press because when I was replacing the rear bushings I was blowing up grade 8 bolts with the impact gun trying to pull them in.

Yeah, I'm not going to need all that.

I have the gfaw rating and will just get Moog through Amazon.

Sleeves are a LOT easier to get out with an air chisel, but I like to smash my fingers.

I may just have to borrow a ball joint press because when I was replacing the rear bushings I was blowing up grade 8 bolts with the impact gun trying to pull them in.

Ok, got it. But watch those fingers! :nabble_smiley_scared:

As for what I did today to or with my truck today. But, I got this link in from Tim and I've cranked up the sound on the shop computer a few times. :nabble_anim_jump:

As for what I did today to or with my truck today. But, I got this link in from Tim and I've cranked up the sound on the shop computer a few times. :nabble_anim_jump:

Wow! That thing sounds awesome Gary! So what speed will that be with your gearing and E4OD? 😈

Sounds good, I was trying to see exactly where the torque peak came in, looks like is still down low where you want it for a truck engine.

Today, I took Darth to the exhaust shop up the road, seems the pipes that were put on replacing the original 3 piece system 20 years ago had some pinholes in them. Muffler is still the original from 1986, guy said it's fine, I wouldn't mess with it.

Impressive! :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks guys. I worked with Tim to get the torque peak low. Who needs HP when you can have torque? But, 1 HP per cubic inch isn't too shabby. :nabble_smiley_cool:

As for what I did to my truck today, I used Big Blue's front hitch to move the trailer into the shop and loaded Dad's truck on it for the show on Saturday. Boy, that front hitch is worth its weight in gold! I got the trailer between the lift's uprights with ease, and there's only a few inches on either side.

But, then the problems started - the rails and the fenders prevent the lift from going down far enough to get the truck down on the trailer. In the pic below I've gotten the front down and the front arms swung out of the way, but haven't gotten the rear arms out yet. I think a jack will be employed in the morning. :nabble_anim_confused:

DSCN2557.thumb.jpg.de6a2bb96729354b38080fd185f3c73f.jpg