Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

You don't want it at idle. ----> Check. Vacuum source will be ported vacuum on the Edelbrock.

You don't want it with a cold engine. ----> Check. I have a functioning VCV on my thermostat.

You don't want it as you're transitioning past the bleeds under acceleration. ----> Purpose of the VDV ?

I don't know how to make it simpler

Yes. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Ok the EGR is hooked up now. Let’s see how it works in the coming days.

We used to say "suck it and see!"

I tasted battery acid on Monday, for the first time in a long time!

Tommy thought I was crazy 🤣

I don't think I would have told that.:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

today was a bit of fun. I have finally gotten the chance to finish the resurrection of the 1967 cougar. customer bought this barn find. last run in 81. still has new looking tires date coded to 1978 if I'm reading the cast code right. all original low mileage car with intake removed. that is how we got it. roughly six months later I test drove it today. I wanted it before, and I want it more now. 289/c4 car with 2.75 axle. it is now a fully remanned 289 .030 over with milled heads and full valve job with new valves, Melling mtf1 cam, aluminum four barrel and 600 Holley. custom headers with true duals. sounds wicked. I also built an aod for it with mild shift upgrades and swapped a 3.55 gear into the 8". still factory suspension and 4-wheel manual drums but power assist steering. This thing runs so sweet and shifts so well I felt like Forrest Gump on his wedding day. these old tires sure light up easy though. I'm not going to keep it but at least I got to resurrect it.

today was a bit of fun. I have finally gotten the chance to finish the resurrection of the 1967 cougar. customer bought this barn find. last run in 81. still has new looking tires date coded to 1978 if I'm reading the cast code right. all original low mileage car with intake removed. that is how we got it. roughly six months later I test drove it today. I wanted it before, and I want it more now. 289/c4 car with 2.75 axle. it is now a fully remanned 289 .030 over with milled heads and full valve job with new valves, Melling mtf1 cam, aluminum four barrel and 600 Holley. custom headers with true duals. sounds wicked. I also built an aod for it with mild shift upgrades and swapped a 3.55 gear into the 8". still factory suspension and 4-wheel manual drums but power assist steering. This thing runs so sweet and shifts so well I felt like Forrest Gump on his wedding day. these old tires sure light up easy though. I'm not going to keep it but at least I got to resurrect it.

Sounds spicy!

Not sure how I feel about drum front brakes, but it is what it is... 🤔

Sounds spicy!

Not sure how I feel about drum front brakes, but it is what it is... 🤔

The front drums work just fine. I drive my 64 galaxie with 4 wheel drums all the time and that big ass heavy car stops better than some vehicles I've had and driven with 4 wheel discs. The brakes should be the same size as the car he's working on and way lighter car than what I have. I've surprised several people with those 4 wheel drum brakes when they about landed in the front seat sitting in the back and I still had a ton of pedal to spare :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

The front drums work just fine. I drive my 64 galaxie with 4 wheel drums all the time and that big ass heavy car stops better than some vehicles I've had and driven with 4 wheel discs. The brakes should be the same size as the car he's working on and way lighter car than what I have. I've surprised several people with those 4 wheel drum brakes when they about landed in the front seat sitting in the back and I still had a ton of pedal to spare :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Stops fine, Once.

I wouldn't want an auto in the hills or on any kind of long downhill grade.

But, yeah that's just me.

I made it to the 21st century, I guess I expect too much.

Stops fine, Once.

I wouldn't want an auto in the hills or on any kind of long downhill grade.

But, yeah that's just me.

I made it to the 21st century, I guess I expect too much.

Not sure what kind of crappy drum brake vehicles you've driven but I come down 6-8% grades all the time with the thing at highway speeds and the brakes never fade really at all even on hot days. I have 3.70 gears and downshifting to second it has excellent compression braking for an automatic but I've never needed to do that other than for testing purposes. That car weighs about 4400 with me in it and some stuff in the trunk. It has far better braking capability than the front disc rear drum setup on our old dodge van that weighed 400 pounds more, now that pile was scary to get stopped fast.