Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

FWIW, I just let an $8 part cost me $3k.

The clip that goes on the TV cable @ the carb came loose...AOD toast!

Son was driving, didn't realize what had happened, (I would have)...

My question, does the lockup converter make a "bad pump whine", it does not do it after about 5/10 MPH. It was doing that before rebuild, still does after rebuild.

Thanks for your input Bill

In my experience, they don't always fully rebuild torque converters and sometimes just flush them. If you got one of those, you'll get whine, and the AOD Clunk. A whine can also mean misalignment between the tc snout and the pump inside. One-piece cases are kess likely to have misalignment, so it's probably a cheaply-remanned tc.

That borgeson steering shaft was one of the best things I put on the bronco. At half a million miles, most everything was loose and wallered out.

Yeah I like the borgeson steering shaft, although I wish they had made the end that connects to the steering gear like the original so you could just put it on and have it in sync and not be able to clock it anywhere you want. Kind of a pain to get it just right.

Yeah I like the borgeson steering shaft, although I wish they had made the end that connects to the steering gear like the original so you could just put it on and have it in sync and not be able to clock it anywhere you want. Kind of a pain to get it just right.

8B64881E-0E6C-429F-B14C-0388A81AC2FC.jpeg.f2a9f782abe7ffbd4c39aee12036f935.jpeg

Long overdue .. new door panels for Big Blue 2WD. The door panel skeletons are quite cheap at LMC. Just doesn’t come with the armrests. Transferred over the armrest, chrome trim easily. No good way to move the fake wood trim panel without glueing.

Long overdue .. new door panels for Big Blue 2WD. The door panel skeletons are quite cheap at LMC. Just doesn’t come with the armrests. Transferred over the armrest, chrome trim easily. No good way to move the fake wood trim panel without glueing.

Wow! Those look a million times better than the others!

Wow! Those look a million times better than the others!

Thanks ! Thought about patching the old ones but decided against as I don’t think they were salvageable. The old ones were crumbling!!

FWIW, I just let an $8 part cost me $3k.

The clip that goes on the TV cable @ the carb came loose...AOD toast!

Son was driving, didn't realize what had happened, (I would have)...

My question, does the lockup converter make a "bad pump whine", it does not do it after about 5/10 MPH. It was doing that before rebuild, still does after rebuild.

Thanks for your input Bill

well, there may a couple different noises that could be called a whine. one possibility is the pump housing bushing being worn allowing the torque converter to "lean "on the center pump gear. another could be caused (allowed) by excessive tolerance letting ports and sealing rings become misaligned. one of the big reasons thrust washers were replaced by Torrington's. this can lead to the tc pressure relief valve in the valve body to produce a high frequency vibration as the pressure could be low enough not to hold the valve steady open. another could be from the tc itself if the driven turbine has bad bearings causing a bit of a cycling type whirring sound.

well, there may a couple different noises that could be called a whine. one possibility is the pump housing bushing being worn allowing the torque converter to "lean "on the center pump gear. another could be caused (allowed) by excessive tolerance letting ports and sealing rings become misaligned. one of the big reasons thrust washers were replaced by Torrington's. this can lead to the tc pressure relief valve in the valve body to produce a high frequency vibration as the pressure could be low enough not to hold the valve steady open. another could be from the tc itself if the driven turbine has bad bearings causing a bit of a cycling type whirring sound.

Just had a rebuild done, parts list, master rebuild kit with converter, the "whine" was there when I bought the truck, put probably 10K miles with no problems leaks, etc, Son was driving when TV cable came loose, made it back home toasted trans, full rebuild, still has whine.

Just had a rebuild done, parts list, master rebuild kit with converter, the "whine" was there when I bought the truck, put probably 10K miles with no problems leaks, etc, Son was driving when TV cable came loose, made it back home toasted trans, full rebuild, still has whine.

how old is the radiator? often, I look at what item is common between two previous attempts. if the fluid has volume loss getting through the cooler, then it will be stacking pressure and pushing more through the tc pressure relief valve. and that can make a noise. a simple bypass from output to input for a short period of run time should rule out a clogged cooler.

how old is the radiator? often, I look at what item is common between two previous attempts. if the fluid has volume loss getting through the cooler, then it will be stacking pressure and pushing more through the tc pressure relief valve. and that can make a noise. a simple bypass from output to input for a short period of run time should rule out a clogged cooler.

Today Im out of the hospital and hope to be able to get back to my brother's house to work on my truck, if I can stand to kneel underneath.

I hope that I am able to get the shims in either side of the carrier without a spreader

Today Im out of the hospital and hope to be able to get back to my brother's house to work on my truck, if I can stand to kneel underneath.

I hope that I am able to get the shims in either side of the carrier without a spreader

Yippee!!! So glad you are out of the hospital. Hope you don't overdo it and have to go back in. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig: