Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

While this may a bit overboard 😀 last summer I tool my axle right out and put it on a makeshift stand I built.

Before I split it and took the axles out, I power washed and then used mineral spirits and a wire brush. But at waist height it wad bad.

Before

After

we can really see the house paint camo on the truck in these axle shots. wow!

looks to be inspired by both ted Nugent and evh.:nabble_anim_confused:

we can really see the house paint camo on the truck in these axle shots. wow!

looks to be inspired by both ted Nugent and evh.:nabble_anim_confused:

Lol!!! I still shake my head at that. Wow...what a project this has been. Everything the previous owner touched on the truck left his very special legacy to be undone.

That’s the way most things go for me - a simple change and then …..

As for the spec’s, try the Instructions tab on our page at Documentation/Driveline/4WD Hubs & Rotors.

My electronic shop manual arrived. The scans are amazing, all 2728 pages from 5 books in high resolution. Best $30 spent. Now I can print the pages I need for the job and not worry about getting the manual greasy !!

7ED237B3-B3C9-4F72-AD3A-D144A232A51D.jpeg.2499f34f93c36b922f347b196e7ae34e.jpeg

My electronic shop manual arrived. The scans are amazing, all 2728 pages from 5 books in high resolution. Best $30 spent. Now I can print the pages I need for the job and not worry about getting the manual greasy !!

Now that 4 TB micro SD cards are a thing I think I have to get one for my truck.

Thanks Vivek! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Now that 4 TB micro SD cards are a thing I think I have to get one for my truck.

Thanks Vivek! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Supposed to get my long block May 6th and a lot of parts have arrived. I took my brand new melling oil pump apart to check it out and good thing I did because it was full of gritty machining oil and was a bit scarred up. I fixed most of the issues already but ran out of time for today. 439227942_1820833775068768_465525984783037409_n.jpg.fa922433f37f45ec11d73a69c6d30a13.jpg439664708_967407014588806_3979983345806454337_n.jpg.894c9e79fbbd88b7d9bf79fefb996502.jpg

Normally I'd probably send it back, but I'd probably receive one in worse shape with my luck, so I'll just fix it. This is why you gotta double check everything. Most of the issue was from machining grit. This pump says its made in USA.

Supposed to get my long block May 6th and a lot of parts have arrived. I took my brand new melling oil pump apart to check it out and good thing I did because it was full of gritty machining oil and was a bit scarred up. I fixed most of the issues already but ran out of time for today.

Normally I'd probably send it back, but I'd probably receive one in worse shape with my luck, so I'll just fix it. This is why you gotta double check everything. Most of the issue was from machining grit. This pump says its made in USA.

Alright I received my eBay engines direct LLC long block that shipped from ATK. Looks like they sent me a 1969/1970 351W block and it looks great so far. I'm going to pull the heads off tomorrow and probably put the camshaft in it I want to run then bag it back up until I take the old engine out and start transferring everything over. I wasn't expecting to get a early block, really interested to see if the pistons come to the top of the deck or not.IMG_20240506_133959.jpg.978c49f70495cdaf63b31e7ea9db145a.jpgIMG_20240506_134228.jpg.028d49c89a743790c3c61015005fe09e.jpgIMG_20240506_134519.jpg.e3a9c1d67eff27697e1a206eb3160c7c.jpg

Alright I received my eBay engines direct LLC long block that shipped from ATK. Looks like they sent me a 1969/1970 351W block and it looks great so far. I'm going to pull the heads off tomorrow and probably put the camshaft in it I want to run then bag it back up until I take the old engine out and start transferring everything over. I wasn't expecting to get a early block, really interested to see if the pistons come to the top of the deck or not.

Looks good! Should be a really nice engine. :nabble_smiley_good:

Alright I received my eBay engines direct LLC long block that shipped from ATK. Looks like they sent me a 1969/1970 351W block and it looks great so far. I'm going to pull the heads off tomorrow and probably put the camshaft in it I want to run then bag it back up until I take the old engine out and start transferring everything over. I wasn't expecting to get a early block, really interested to see if the pistons come to the top of the deck or not.

it seems to be expecting a front sump assembly. are you going to put a bullnose type pickup and pan on it?

it seems to be expecting a front sump assembly. are you going to put a bullnose type pickup and pan on it?

It's got the main bolt/stud for the rear sump oil pickup and yes, going to reuse my old pan that has the threaded dipstick in the side of the oil pan.

It's got the main bolt/stud for the rear sump oil pickup and yes, going to reuse my old pan that has the threaded dipstick in the side of the oil pan.

excellent. yet I still don't like messing with an already torqued main set.