Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

That's good to hear those cams run well. The 255DEH is similar to the MTF5, a little faster ramp rate and cut on a 110 LSA instead of 112 but pretty much the same lift and duration @.050". Should run well with the heads, intake and exhaust I already have.

Random question of the day. What is that air inlet in my air cleaner assembly? It is vacuum actuated. When vacuum is applied it closes. Is that a hot air intake that is supposed to use engine bay air until things warm up ? This is from a 86 460.

Small blue circle shows vacuum port and large blue circle shows the air inlet I’m asking about

112EA68C-D265-4F65-AE72-3A220A3D3019.jpeg.09aa6333958ee9779609627f9b6754f7.jpeg

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Random question of the day. What is that air inlet in my air cleaner assembly? It is vacuum actuated. When vacuum is applied it closes. Is that a hot air intake that is supposed to use engine bay air until things warm up ? This is from a 86 460.

Small blue circle shows vacuum port and large blue circle shows the air inlet I’m asking about

It opens at WOT, when the temperature controlled snorkel may not provide 700+ CFM

Vacuum should go to a colored velay valve by the dizzy, and then back to the motor inside the plastic scoop.

It opens at WOT, when the temperature controlled snorkel may not provide 700+ CFM

Vacuum should go to a colored velay valve by the dizzy, and then back to the motor inside the plastic scoop.

Emission_label1.thumb.jpg.cfadd4d14fb1d640ef56fb4f7f486b40.jpg

That is my emission label from Darth, it shows the routing and colors for the vacuum rat's nest.

That is my emission label from Darth, it shows the routing and colors for the vacuum rat's nest.

Thanks all!

I am not able to figure out where the air cleaner is in the vacuum diagram. :nabble_smiley_blush:

The WOT explanation makes sense.

My goal is to keep the vacuum lines to a minimum. If I imagined a 14” round after market air cleaner it is quite wide open all the time. Similarly, Could I leave vaccum unplugged to that valve and leave that inlet open always? It’s obviously pre-filter so should be ok as far as getting clear air.

My 84 460 doesn’t have that inlet

Curious, how did you get a scanner-like image of that ? Was it just a camera pointed just right under the hood or is that from a valve cover set on a scanner ?

Curious, how did you get a scanner-like image of that ? Was it just a camera pointed just right under the hood or is that from a valve cover set on a scanner ?

thanks for asking this question as I just learned something I'm sure I will need to know soon, when I get done building the 460 for this f350. same air cleaner. but all vac lines are long gone. I will be sorting out which I must do to make it run, then run its best.

If you notice the VIN number is written on it. The local Ford dealer ordered it as a replacement for me and I scanned it before I installed it.

If you notice the VIN number is written on it. The local Ford dealer ordered it as a replacement for me and I scanned it before I installed it.

Thats great. How long ago was that? My local dealer's support level on these old trucks is pretty poor, if they can get me a sticker today I would buy it!

Thats great. How long ago was that? My local dealer's support level on these old trucks is pretty poor, if they can get me a sticker today I would buy it!

Installed a brand NOS speedometer w/tripometer, km/h.

Brand new truck, zero km (after a short ride to the garage for summer tires, has now something around 18km).

:nabble_:

Thanks Gary! Really nice piece I wasn’t able to find for sale!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

I know we can adjust the km, but anyway I do not know Big Brother’s real mileage.

So let’s say it’s a gift for his soon 40 years birthday!

IMG_9584.jpeg.00b13472f499935c6b294c6e341610eb.jpeg

Probably 5 years ago, dealer has changed hands since then.