Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Ah. I forgot fridge mags were a thing. Even though I have like 100 of them.

Well, my luck with nuts and bolts is over. I broke 7 out 8 mounting bolts for the spare tire carrier on the Bronco. Those 5/16 bolts had no chance even with PB blaster.

So far I have drilled and tapped about 4 bolts to 3/8-16. Wasted several drill bits.

This would be my top pick for work that is not productive when it comes to cars/trucks

Well, my luck with nuts and bolts is over. I broke 7 out 8 mounting bolts for the spare tire carrier on the Bronco. Those 5/16 bolts had no chance even with PB blaster.

So far I have drilled and tapped about 4 bolts to 3/8-16. Wasted several drill bits.

This would be my top pick for work that is not productive when it comes to cars/trucks

You need an oxy/acetylene torch.

It can't be frozen when it's molten!

You need an oxy/acetylene torch.

It can't be frozen when it's molten!

I do have one. If I wasn’t worried about surrounding paint and clear coat I would have blasted the heck out of it. Something had to give 😭

I do have one. If I wasn’t worried about surrounding paint and clear coat I would have blasted the heck out of it. Something had to give 😭

Today was a beautiful spring day!

70 degrees not much breeze.....

And I had doctor's appointments, pretty much all day! 😖

A did manage to install Vivin's switch, a new pair of horns that are NOT from Horrid Fate, and get a bunch of parts decreased and prepped for both tightening.

Lots of cotton swabs to get the cosmoline out of the threaded blind holes.

A yellow paint marker to indicate which bolts had been torqued properly.

IMG_20240409_183302_MP.jpg.86ee21bf99d1a167f5e5f249880cf506.jpg

IMG_20240409_183430_MP.jpg.1bfe0b65d2ee29153169126fe070132b.jpg

IMG_20240409_105617_MP.jpg.11174f21248ea404fbc36336681daa6a.jpg

IMG_20240409_081147_MP.jpg.e55d0b61aaaa218f9a2c049b3df1a630.jpg

Today was a beautiful spring day!

70 degrees not much breeze.....

And I had doctor's appointments, pretty much all day! 😖

A did manage to install Vivin's switch, a new pair of horns that are NOT from Horrid Fate, and get a bunch of parts decreased and prepped for both tightening.

Lots of cotton swabs to get the cosmoline out of the threaded blind holes.

A yellow paint marker to indicate which bolts had been torqued properly.

Progress! :nabble_anim_claps:

Hope the doctor's appointment went well. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Progress! :nabble_anim_claps:

Hope the doctor's appointment went well. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Plural.

The cardiologist was to examine the edema in both legs. But despite smoking a pack of Camels a day for 50 years, I'm fit as a horse

The edema is due to some lymphatic blockage below the waist. (not his job)

The Ortho showed me the arthritis in all three capsules of my left knee, and where bone on bone had worn the joint out.

(I'm falling apart!!! 😂😂😂)

Plural.

The cardiologist was to examine the edema in both legs. But despite smoking a pack of Camels a day for 50 years, I'm fit as a horse

The edema is due to some lymphatic blockage below the waist. (not his job)

The Ortho showed me the arthritis in all three capsules of my left knee, and where bone on bone had worn the joint out.

(I'm falling apart!!! 😂😂😂)

Jim, I had my right knee replaced in 2001, I probably should have the left one done, but Mary couldn't handle having to help me around. I told someone I think my warranty expired.

Jim, I had my right knee replaced in 2001, I probably should have the left one done, but Mary couldn't handle having to help me around. I told someone I think my warranty expired.

Yes, Bill, I understand the analogy. I'm getting calls suggesting I extend the warranty.

Jim - I hope you ARE as healthy as a horse. Get well!

Yes, Bill, I understand the analogy. I'm getting calls suggesting I extend the warranty.

Jim - I hope you ARE as healthy as a horse. Get well!

I'm obviously not healthy as a horse, but evidently my heart is.

No arrhythmia, no wooden or flaccid ventricles, no fluid in the pericardium.

The flesh on my leg is still very tender and seems about like a pomelo.

It's also bright red.

But it's no longer ready to split like a tomato after a rain, or weeping plasma, so there IS that.!

Knee replacement is an option, but they need imaging, and an* MRI is pointless until the swelling and pressure go down.\

The edema is troubling me, though.

If I don't have any kind of cardiac condition, my liver, kidneys and blood work are all good.