Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Yep ! I've had stuff get hung up in Atlanta Ga for 2-3 days, going from one place to another, ( in Atlanta) then to Augusta Ga, then to my post office, then out to me. Got a pkg in transit now, left Columbia SC, passed by my PO, it's in Atlanta now waiting on whatever. I live in Aiken Co SC.

Best one yet, Place I worked for had a forming die from Mass, wound up lost in Texas, they asked us to pay shipping from Tx. to us. I forget what my boss told them, I know it wasn't nice.

On another note, I spoke to an alignment shop this morning that gets recommended highly and a lot for older vehicles in the area and they can bend my twin I beams to adjust the caster. It's out a month since they're so busy but it's going to get done anyways. That should fix my lack of steering return to center. The guy said oh I used to do those every week. Yep, think he's the guy for the job.

On another note, I spoke to an alignment shop this morning that gets recommended highly and a lot for older vehicles in the area and they can bend my twin I beams to adjust the caster. It's out a month since they're so busy but it's going to get done anyways. That should fix my lack of steering return to center. The guy said oh I used to do those every week. Yep, think he's the guy for the job.

You've found a unicorn! :nabble_anim_jump:

Congratulations!!!

Glad to hear that Matthew. Darth was last fully aligned in 1994 and the front tires still wear dead even.

Glad to hear that Matthew. Darth was last fully aligned in 1994 and the front tires still wear dead even.

It'll definitely be nice to have return to center where it should, it's not bad to drive but really annoying if you're in a bit of a curve and let go of the wheel for some reason it'll keep on driving where you leave it instead of returning to center. He said he'll have to get the equipment and dust it off it's been a while since he's done one of these. Kinda surprising since that shop is right in the middle of farmland and there's a ton of old Ford trucks driving around out there all the time.

It'll definitely be nice to have return to center where it should, it's not bad to drive but really annoying if you're in a bit of a curve and let go of the wheel for some reason it'll keep on driving where you leave it instead of returning to center. He said he'll have to get the equipment and dust it off it's been a while since he's done one of these. Kinda surprising since that shop is right in the middle of farmland and there's a ton of old Ford trucks driving around out there all the time.

This is more of a WWYDTYTT post. BUT, thoughts on anchoring points for pulling this 300 out with a cherry picker tomorrow??IMG_7952.thumb.jpeg.8d914882079a95c615ee97a9d266e335.jpeg

This is more of a WWYDTYTT post. BUT, thoughts on anchoring points for pulling this 300 out with a cherry picker tomorrow??IMG_7952.jpeg

front and rear of head if you can. this is the most stable. but it is a tall assembly so be sure the lift can reach high enough. you have already lightened it about 60 lbs by removing the manifolds and even more with the front cleared off.

front and rear of head if you can. this is the most stable. but it is a tall assembly so be sure the lift can reach high enough. you have already lightened it about 60 lbs by removing the manifolds and even more with the front cleared off.

New LED map lights showed up today. Much better (and actually useful).

A bit of a business trip for the next several days, but upon return I am starting the body work. I said screw it and am going to paint it myself being I can't find shops around here that will do much other than insurance collision work.

This should be interesting 😀

20240405_162044.jpg.7ee966b48616ae9c54640ca14cb4c90f.jpg

Like I said, it's no criticism of the dock worker or the driver, whatever.

I definitely understand LTL, and the implications for their bottom line.

Years back UPS used to be headquartered in Greenwich right down the street from my house they had a big office Park.

But this is not the 1970s, and expectations are a bit higher when you can see your package tracking into Illinois and then you don't get any update for days.

Somehow, USPS delivers billions of discrete packages every day, pretty much without fail.

If I had had an option I would not have chosen UPS in any instance.

The final piece of my Rock Auto shipment is on a FedEx truck out for delivery, at 05:15 Eastern Time.

Gary says, FedUp, but I am not such a critic.

It's insane to me that I can send a package to NY (next door) and it will fly into, and out of Tennessee. Somehow they make it work.

UPS has 'disappeared' more packages on me that I care to fathom.

Again, I'm not :nabble_poo-23_orig: on you or your co-workers.

It's incredibly frustrating that the cheapest and easiest piece of this hand grenade AND the one I need FIRST, and also the one that is gonna be FOUR DAYS late! 😖

Incredibly, my shim set and marking paste "appeared" today, so I have to get the hell outta here so I can go to Vermont next weekend!

This is more of a WWYDTYTT post. BUT, thoughts on anchoring points for pulling this 300 out with a cherry picker tomorrow??IMG_7952.jpeg

Stabilizer wasn’t with the cherry picker, so now we wait.IMG_7956.thumb.jpeg.74e71d1e5eaa746af4aaa9439b1cb5fd.jpeg