Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Looking good! Did you leave the blue filters in?

I didn’t do much to my truck but I did go to a junk yard and load up on some parts. I got there just in time because they were about 5 minutes away from crushing the truck I needed parts off of. I got a pristine dash pad, IMG_2100.jpeg.fdf7244a561842c8d1171b665c535607.jpega pillar plastic, serp kit off a 1990 inline 6, dash bezels, some a/c parts, and a bunch of little things all for a grand total of $50!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn’t do much to my truck but I did go to a junk yard and load up on some parts. I got there just in time because they were about 5 minutes away from crushing the truck I needed parts off of. I got a pristine dash pad, a pillar plastic, serp kit off a 1990 inline 6, dash bezels, some a/c parts, and a bunch of little things all for a grand total of $50!

Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

I didn’t do much to my truck but I did go to a junk yard and load up on some parts. I got there just in time because they were about 5 minutes away from crushing the truck I needed parts off of. I got a pristine dash pad, a pillar plastic, serp kit off a 1990 inline 6, dash bezels, some a/c parts, and a bunch of little things all for a grand total of $50!

Nice score! :nabble_anim_jump:

You made out, just in the nick of time.

After getting the headliner installed the other day, I got the dome light back in with a new LED bulb and clear lens. Now I just need to figure out what it takes to make the map lights work. Thanks in advance for the wiring diagram (https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/lights.html)

While the dash was apart I got the new radio installed and working with the door speakers. Sounds much better (and louder) than I expected. I need to trim the radio faceplate to make it perfect. Finally the dash is back in....until I decide something else needs replaced. 😀

Also midway through replacing the radius arm bushings. Of course that means I had to clean and paint the radius arm brackets...so not a one hour job.

essmaker, I think you need power on the map lights all the time, there is only one power wire, and it's controlled by the door and the headlight switch. Probably need to run separate wire. Here's a pic of mine with led bulb, no flash just light from bulbs.

Billdome.jpg.64c7462e516b3021e0ff6d46df2dd307.jpgfloor.jpg.41a4027caf2a8bbe66b336511dd4c59b.jpg

Nice score! Always baffled how some of the nicer trucks end up in the crusher :nabble_smiley_argh:

essmaker, I think you need power on the map lights all the time, there is only one power wire, and it's controlled by the door and the headlight switch. Probably need to run separate wire. Here's a pic of mine with led bulb, no flash just light from bulbs.

Bill

Scbill.

I have the two separate power feeds to the dome/map lights. I just need to trace the map light power back to see where it is failing. I like electrical treasure hunts, so I'll get it.

Love the lights in yours. Nothing is going to be able to hide there!

Scbill.

I have the two separate power feeds to the dome/map lights. I just need to trace the map light power back to see where it is failing. I like electrical treasure hunts, so I'll get it.

Love the lights in yours. Nothing is going to be able to hide there!

Look in, or just in front of the door sill...

Look in, or just in front of the door sill...

Radius arm bushings are now replaced. Never a fun job while on a creeper. The previous owner had replaced them but I noticed one was installed backwards and the other side I could spin by hand.

Now, whenever I get the fenders and hood back on I can get an alignment done. 😀

Tomorrow is map light fixing day. (Jim - I suspect that you are exactly correct on where the issue is)

Radius arm bushings are now replaced. Never a fun job while on a creeper. The previous owner had replaced them but I noticed one was installed backwards and the other side I could spin by hand.

Now, whenever I get the fenders and hood back on I can get an alignment done. 😀

Tomorrow is map light fixing day. (Jim - I suspect that you are exactly correct on where the issue is)

Progress! :nabble_smiley_super:

Progress! :nabble_smiley_super:

Map lights are fixed. It ended up being a corroded, broken wire at a connector in the rear cab corner.

Of course the moment I got them working I immediately thought that I need to upgrade the bulbs to LED. 😀

I've finally run out of diversions and need to focus on sanding and priming the fenders, hood and doors. Not a fan of body work.

Still working up some plans in my head for a flatbed being a box looks unattainable.