Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

OK. This shall be proof that I can admit when I am wrong and an idiot. Ashamed and embarrassed.

Mat in tn wasn't right that I had the seat cover on backwards. He should have said that I was putting the backrest on the bottom seat. 🤣

While this doesn't change the fact of a lack of j strips and having to use hog rings or screws....it does however cover the entire frame now and has seatbelt cut outs.

I actually liked the fit better before....but at least I have seat belt cutouts where they belong.. 🤣🤣🤣

I've not done that, but I've done far worse. So I understand. Glad you caught it.

I've not done that, but I've done far worse. So I understand. Glad you caught it.

IMG_8951.jpeg.ccc8aa7541a12f75791431df6d86949f.jpeg

IMG_8954.jpeg.e94c2c8775ef89f26b74ed8bff977544.jpeg

I set out looking for a used SMF and a straight core support and ended up with WAY more than I bargained for :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Whooops!!! 😁😇

I set out looking for a used SMF and a straight core support and ended up with WAY more than I bargained for :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Whooops!!! 😁😇

Way to go, Jonathan! Two IDI's and a bed with bumper? Wow!

How's the house coming?

How's the house coming?

Yes, the two IDI’s run but have issues. I bought them as buildable cores / critical spare parts for the future. Sadly these things are getting hard to find, and new replacement parts are disappearing too. These are for a rainy day and I will probably rebuild one and have it ready to drop in the water truck to replace the used/running 6.9 when it gets tired or develops problems. Having your water supply depend on such old vehicles isn’t the best plan but here we are…

You can’t see it well in the picture, but that bed has a short wheelbase frame attached to it. This is the eventual plan for the ‘81. The burro ruined the long bed and I wanted a short wheelbase 4x4… I was going to chop the frame and use the flareside bed that I have, but this presented itself. I dunno, the short styleside box is pretty nice I may just sell the flareside.

The frame came with both bumpers, the front one is super straight. I wish it was painted instead of chrome but I’m happy to have it. Also not visible is a good core support that I needed due to the burro damage on the ‘81. All this came from a local guy thinning his stash of parts and he provided delivery. You can’t beat that especially when you are spending your time building a house!

I will update the house thread soon, it’s inching along as I have had some ick lately and not able to do as much as I want. Manually moving dirt back into the foundation trench made by the backhoe is rough but good exercise I suppose 😓

How's the house coming?

Yes, the two IDI’s run but have issues. I bought them as buildable cores / critical spare parts for the future. Sadly these things are getting hard to find, and new replacement parts are disappearing too. These are for a rainy day and I will probably rebuild one and have it ready to drop in the water truck to replace the used/running 6.9 when it gets tired or develops problems. Having your water supply depend on such old vehicles isn’t the best plan but here we are…

You can’t see it well in the picture, but that bed has a short wheelbase frame attached to it. This is the eventual plan for the ‘81. The burro ruined the long bed and I wanted a short wheelbase 4x4… I was going to chop the frame and use the flareside bed that I have, but this presented itself. I dunno, the short styleside box is pretty nice I may just sell the flareside.

The frame came with both bumpers, the front one is super straight. I wish it was painted instead of chrome but I’m happy to have it. Also not visible is a good core support that I needed due to the burro damage on the ‘81. All this came from a local guy thinning his stash of parts and he provided delivery. You can’t beat that especially when you are spending your time building a house!

I will update the house thread soon, it’s inching along as I have had some ick lately and not able to do as much as I want. Manually moving dirt back into the foundation trench made by the backhoe is rough but good exercise I suppose 😓

That’s a great score and you have lots of options. 👍

Sorry about the ick, but you’ll get there.

Just to show what I mean by knowing it is on correctly, this shows the cutouts for the back rest.

It'll work out, just not what I expected. I'll probably save the old J clip/track in case I want to have someone make some new ones down the line.

I'd like to see a picture of the seat fully assembled when you get the chance. Looks like it would be a nice seat recovering option for my truck.

I'd like to see a picture of the seat fully assembled when you get the chance. Looks like it would be a nice seat recovering option for my truck.

I went with the vinyl option for 80-86 and made it fit my truck.

Worked well with hog rings.

Will do send pics...hopefully this weekend. I and cleaning (wire wheel, etc. to get rid of surface rust) up the back frame this week and waiting on paint today to finish it up.

In the end I think it will look good. The velour seat will be helpful in the cold climate I live in.

Will do send pics...hopefully this weekend. I and cleaning (wire wheel, etc. to get rid of surface rust) up the back frame this week and waiting on paint today to finish it up.

In the end I think it will look good. The velour seat will be helpful in the cold climate I live in.

This is why all of my projects take longer than expected. Everything I touch needs to be cleaned/wire wheeled and then primed and painted. To much rust up north to take chances even on items you'll never see again. Nearly there with getting the seat back together though. 😃

20240314_154446.jpg.64ea3c31337bc5bc8a1bf9e10846b0e8.jpg