Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I'm glad that works for you!

It's just what I do.... :nabble_smiley_blush:

Today Janey and I took Big Blue on a ~200 mile trip to test the seats. They work nicely. They aren't as comfortable as the captain's chairs, but that might be due to being new and the captain's chairs having been used for quite a few hours.

In any event, they are comfortable enough to set in for several hours at a time, so we are happy.

Today Janey and I took Big Blue on a ~200 mile trip to test the seats. They work nicely. They aren't as comfortable as the captain's chairs, but that might be due to being new and the captain's chairs having been used for quite a few hours.

In any event, they are comfortable enough to set in for several hours at a time, so we are happy.

Finished the modifications needed on the core support to bolt the top of the radiator.

20240302_114331.jpg.d5fc0edfffa33e1b44dea9fdd9333258.jpg

Installed the core support, custom bent fuel lines from the dual tank valve, installed wheel wells, connected the remaining items (starter, alt., etc.) and filled all fluids.

Fresh gas tomorrow to fire it up and set the timing.

20240302_163630.jpg.13e618fc9d892b73006b42bc6dcdb29b.jpg

20240302_163647.jpg.0e681ed96231b3a97088e374b29a1b12.jpg

Finished the modifications needed on the core support to bolt the top of the radiator.

Installed the core support, custom bent fuel lines from the dual tank valve, installed wheel wells, connected the remaining items (starter, alt., etc.) and filled all fluids.

Fresh gas tomorrow to fire it up and set the timing.

What year is that clip?

I'm glad you were able to get the radiator support sorted out. :nabble_smiley_cool:

My cliche on the forum is. 'Progress is GOOD! , and you are definitely moving right along... :nabble_anim_handshake:

...also, I received the U nuts for the fender mounts. Perfect replacements.

Thanks again for the help!!!

After putting all new tie rods and ball joints on the Bronco, the steering with a saginaw pump was so touchy that it felt like it was going to jump off the road at the slightest move of the wheel. It was especially bad with a trailer. So I decided that the first thing I would try would be to get a different flow restrictor. Turn One makes different flow rates, so I got the 2.0GPM one, thinking that I had to be somewhere way over that. When I compared the hole size to the stock one that was in there, it seemed like it was exactly the same size. I replaced it anyway and felt such a small difference that it was probably a placebo effect. Now, at least I know where I'm starting out. The next one down from Turn One is a 1.3GPM restrictor. I decided I will try that and it's in the mail now. If that doesn't work or has some unintended side effect from being lower flow rate than the original system (it used to be 1.5 to 1.8 with the stock ford pump) then I will try out various combinations of the 1.3 or 2.0 and some different pressure valves inside that can be ordered to specify different PSIs.

After putting all new tie rods and ball joints on the Bronco, the steering with a saginaw pump was so touchy that it felt like it was going to jump off the road at the slightest move of the wheel. It was especially bad with a trailer. So I decided that the first thing I would try would be to get a different flow restrictor. Turn One makes different flow rates, so I got the 2.0GPM one, thinking that I had to be somewhere way over that. When I compared the hole size to the stock one that was in there, it seemed like it was exactly the same size. I replaced it anyway and felt such a small difference that it was probably a placebo effect. Now, at least I know where I'm starting out. The next one down from Turn One is a 1.3GPM restrictor. I decided I will try that and it's in the mail now. If that doesn't work or has some unintended side effect from being lower flow rate than the original system (it used to be 1.5 to 1.8 with the stock ford pump) then I will try out various combinations of the 1.3 or 2.0 and some different pressure valves inside that can be ordered to specify different PSIs.

You might try a different pitman arm.

A little change in geometry there will change how progressive or regressive the steering is.

Won't that also reduce turning radius?

Depends on what you do with it.

By changing the length you can essentially increase or decrease Ackerman.

You say "touchy", but the steering box is x turns lock to lock regardless...

The pump can't change how many times you turn the wheel (and by extension, how much a small deflection in the wheel causes the truck to turn)

This is basic math and the pump has nothing to do with it.

The assist the pump gives will make the wheel lighter or heavier.

If your truck is "touchy" bring it back to the alignment shop and tell them to do it right this time. 😠