Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Thanks! sure is a lot more effective than the single nozzle.

Wow! Nice installation and impressive liquid flow!

:nabble_anim_claps:

Did you need to also double the washer fluid reservoir capacity? (I’m just jealous).

:nabble_smiley_evil:

Haha extra capacity wouldn't hurt as I ran the reservoir dry twice testing and adjusting the nozzles but under normal use I don't think it will make much difference I won't have to dispense fluid as long as before.

Haha extra capacity wouldn't hurt as I ran the reservoir dry twice testing and adjusting the nozzles but under normal use I don't think it will make much difference I won't have to dispense fluid as long as before.

FYI question, 83 F100, AOD has a pump whine, shifts fine, fluid & filter recent change, more than 100K miles on unit, looked clean, nothing in pan, normal sediment, no leaks. Whine seems to go away at about 25/30 MPH.

Thoughts on pulling a car trailer with it Chevy S10 on trailer about 60 miles mostly interstate. Liteweight uhaul trailer.

Thanks, Bill

FYI question, 83 F100, AOD has a pump whine, shifts fine, fluid & filter recent change, more than 100K miles on unit, looked clean, nothing in pan, normal sediment, no leaks. Whine seems to go away at about 25/30 MPH.

Thoughts on pulling a car trailer with it Chevy S10 on trailer about 60 miles mostly interstate. Liteweight uhaul trailer.

Thanks, Bill

"I no NOTHING!" about auto tranny whines but what's on the trailer?

I drove the Blazer version in VT when my transfer case burnt up.

We hauled two sleds on mountains without any trailer brakes and no problem.

"I no NOTHING!" about auto tranny whines but what's on the trailer?

I drove the Blazer version in VT when my transfer case burnt up.

We hauled two sleds on mountains without any trailer brakes and no problem.

Sorry, stated wrong...Pulling with 83F100 aod, Chevy s10 on trailer.

Sorry, stated wrong...Pulling with 83F100 aod, Chevy s10 on trailer.

The 300 is literally a tractor engine, it should be NO problem.

(Maybe you're asking in relation to the transmission noise?)

If that's the case, I have no AOD advice.

The 300 is literally a tractor engine, it should be NO problem.

(Maybe you're asking in relation to the transmission noise?)

If that's the case, I have no AOD advice.

Yes, the concern was/is the trans. From what I have read and past experience, whine is trans pump clearance. Just wondering if that causes lower pressure and maybe damage to bands under this type load.

Yes, the concern was/is the trans. From what I have read and past experience, whine is trans pump clearance. Just wondering if that causes lower pressure and maybe damage to bands under this type load.

I would say that as long as the fluid looks good and doesn't have a bunch of sediment in it, it's good to go. Though, it seems like some maintenance is needed in the near future.

I would say that as long as the fluid looks good and doesn't have a bunch of sediment in it, it's good to go. Though, it seems like some maintenance is needed in the near future.

We're having insanely nice weather for the middle of February.

I wish I had money for parts so I could work on my truck!

I did drive it over to the Cheapo Depot to get a sheet of polyiso board.

It definitely doesn't like tight low speed parking lot turns in FWD mode and my knee isn't working too good either, yet. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

But I welded up my muffler and changed the fluid in the front diff while I was under there (I forget when the last time was, so it was definitely due)

one thing that got my attention is that you say it goes away by speed. and not rpm. the pump does not really recognize speed. it is only connected to the crank (rpm) by way of the tc. direct drive by the shell. meaning if the whine were to follow the engine, then you should be able to hear the whine change along with shifts. if it does not change with shifts but only goes away at a certain speed then it's not likely to be the pump. the best suggestion I can give is to have the pressure tested. other than that, the transmission is what it is. if its pump is going out, its going out. I agree that I would not want to kill it with a load if it would live another year. also, I would not want to be towing and need a tow!

one of the oddities of the aod is that the direct clutch engages the housing of the torque converter and stops relying wholly on the fluid coupling. This allows the fluid to be cooler. this brings me to a very neglected/overlooked issue. the radiator! many trans have been damaged due to dirty/clogged radiators. just because the temp gauge does not say its overheating does not mean it is clean all around. 302 is great about running cool. the thermostat is there to warm the engine up and keep it hot (not cool it) so the radiator can actually be fairly clogged inside and you may never know, but the trans cooler may.

one thing that got my attention is that you say it goes away by speed. and not rpm. the pump does not really recognize speed. it is only connected to the crank (rpm) by way of the tc. direct drive by the shell. meaning if the whine were to follow the engine, then you should be able to hear the whine change along with shifts. if it does not change with shifts but only goes away at a certain speed then it's not likely to be the pump. the best suggestion I can give is to have the pressure tested. other than that, the transmission is what it is. if its pump is going out, its going out. I agree that I would not want to kill it with a load if it would live another year. also, I would not want to be towing and need a tow!

one of the oddities of the aod is that the direct clutch engages the housing of the torque converter and stops relying wholly on the fluid coupling. This allows the fluid to be cooler. this brings me to a very neglected/overlooked issue. the radiator! many trans have been damaged due to dirty/clogged radiators. just because the temp gauge does not say its overheating does not mean it is clean all around. 302 is great about running cool. the thermostat is there to warm the engine up and keep it hot (not cool it) so the radiator can actually be fairly clogged inside and you may never know, but the trans cooler may.

:nabble_anim_rules:

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: