Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Today I installed a wiper arm mounted washer fluid nozzle kit on both wiper arms on the truck. It's definitely much more effective than the OEM single washer fluid nozzle on the cowl. Each nozzle has 4 jets, so it gets sprayed going up and down on the wiper stroke. Absolutely hated how that single nozzle worked. I adjusted it years ago so it worked OK sitting still, it hit the windshield a bit low purposely sitting still but going down the highway most of the washer fluid would just go right over the roof of the truck anyways. Here's a demonstration clip I think I have a tad more adjusting to do on the passenger side nozzle, but close enough for now..

i washed it:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I installed a wiper arm mounted washer fluid nozzle kit on both wiper arms on the truck. It's definitely much more effective than the OEM single washer fluid nozzle on the cowl. Each nozzle has 4 jets, so it gets sprayed going up and down on the wiper stroke. Absolutely hated how that single nozzle worked. I adjusted it years ago so it worked OK sitting still, it hit the windshield a bit low purposely sitting still but going down the highway most of the washer fluid would just go right over the roof of the truck anyways. Here's a demonstration clip I think I have a tad more adjusting to do on the passenger side nozzle, but close enough for now..

Looks nice!

That's a neat setup on the washer. What one did you use?

That's a neat setup on the washer. What one did you use?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305147209855?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=n9c59OvFSb-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=EuH9f5z4Twe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I ordered up some premium wire loom wrap to protect the hoses going through the wiper cowl and some 3/4" heat shrink to hold the hoses securely to the wiper arm. Our old dodge van had the washer fluid nozzles on the wiper arm from factory and it had heat shrink tubing holding the hose secure to the long skinny part of the arm. It always worked great.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305147209855?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=n9c59OvFSb-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=EuH9f5z4Twe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I ordered up some premium wire loom wrap to protect the hoses going through the wiper cowl and some 3/4" heat shrink to hold the hoses securely to the wiper arm. Our old dodge van had the washer fluid nozzles on the wiper arm from factory and it had heat shrink tubing holding the hose secure to the long skinny part of the arm. It always worked great.

Wow, that's a cheap fix! Do you have a still pic of what you did? Hard to stare at it in the video.

Wow, that's a cheap fix! Do you have a still pic of what you did? Hard to stare at it in the video.

Gary, heres some pictures of the washer fluid nozzle install. The 3/4" heat shrink worked great, but the protective loom for the hose was too small so I will have to get some more of the split loom like what I already put on there. IMG_20240207_144221.jpg.70196b17c7ad884a00d28bcd6da86d3d.jpgIMG_20240207_144243.jpg.dde1ed20e08a4669a4bb40b98db776de.jpgIMG_20240207_144255.jpg.28d93524e22bcba550aef3f51d4705a3.jpgIMG_20240207_144323.jpg.bd063c22193ca3e1d82cae0418608b2c.jpgIMG_20240207_144629.jpg.50df6fbf8cb869e3b373bca3c4dca1c8.jpgIMG_20240207_144724.jpg.b9fd5f3fbb19e3f6a9933c41676343f3.jpg

Gary, heres some pictures of the washer fluid nozzle install. The 3/4" heat shrink worked great, but the protective loom for the hose was too small so I will have to get some more of the split loom like what I already put on there.

Well done! And thanks for the pics. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well done! And thanks for the pics. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks! sure is a lot more effective than the single nozzle, I'll try it on the highway tonight on the way home. Also, shameless plug for the 5plus brand silicone wipers on Amazon. I have them on 3 vehicles plus my neighbor bought a set for his 2013 flex and they all work fantastic. I think they're like $17.99 a set after the auto discount they seem to have.