Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

CA 8437 Fits my truck.

You might check if that application fits a 351HO, but I expect it will.

*** Both came with a 4180

I found that the best way to take the slack out is to move the mount on the intake manifold back. To do that I cut the mount, put a piece of scrap steel under the pieces and used vice grips to position it. Once I had it where there was just a bit of slack I tacked it and then took it off and welded it.

But I can see that placing a u-shaped piece between the crimped-on stop and the washer would work. Again, just make sure there's a little bit of slack as having that be your idle stop doesn't work well. DAHIK. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Has anybody come up with a better idea to take the slack out of the cable using aftermarket carburetors other than using a zip tie? it works but there has to be a better way.

I love the added zip tie moment, but this makes me remember a really old trick. any fisherman out there? we used to take a large split shot and crimp it on there. we just knew it gave us more throttle:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I love the added zip tie moment, but this makes me remember a really old trick. any fisherman out there? we used to take a large split shot and crimp it on there. we just knew it gave us more throttle:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I fished lobster for about a decade until the 1999 "West Nile Crisis" had the State and Feds poisoning every storm drain.

Lobster are arthropods, just like insects, and those insecticides kill them just as well.

We never used split shot, but did pour concrete into the pots to keep them fixed on the bottom.

I fished lobster for about a decade until the 1999 "West Nile Crisis" had the State and Feds poisoning every storm drain.

Lobster are arthropods, just like insects, and those insecticides kill them just as well.

We never used split shot, but did pour concrete into the pots to keep them fixed on the bottom.

Still working on the "documentation" for Big Blue. Today I laminated the layout for the passenger's side PDB and glued it in the lid, and laminated the layout in the stock fuse box and glued it to the outside of the cover.

PS_PDB_Insert_Installed.thumb.jpg.7dc70418d1589b15c85a1ba61f048418.jpgFactory_Fuse_Box_Cover_Insert.thumb.jpg.15cf4f06f2bb11cd725e0f2706089612.jpg

Still working on the "documentation" for Big Blue. Today I laminated the layout for the passenger's side PDB and glued it in the lid, and laminated the layout in the stock fuse box and glued it to the outside of the cover.

I can make sense of this. :nabble_smiley_good:

I can make sense of this. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, I think most people will be able to handle that. And there are copies of them in the binder in the console, as well as the wiring schematics, ECU pinouts, owners manuals for things like the winch, Sony & Midland radios, GMRS license for the Midland, etc.

As said, my intent is to have everything very well documented, not only so Big Blue can be maintained but so I can move on to Dad's truck. :nabble_smiley_wink:

It is time. But I wanted to get the documentation on Big Blue done 'cause I want to duplicate some of it for Dad's truck. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Today I installed a wiper arm mounted washer fluid nozzle kit on both wiper arms on the truck. It's definitely much more effective than the OEM single washer fluid nozzle on the cowl. Each nozzle has 4 jets, so it gets sprayed going up and down on the wiper stroke. Absolutely hated how that single nozzle worked. I adjusted it years ago so it worked OK sitting still, it hit the windshield a bit low purposely sitting still but going down the highway most of the washer fluid would just go right over the roof of the truck anyways. Here's a demonstration clip I think I have a tad more adjusting to do on the passenger side nozzle, but close enough for now..