Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Hitch the trailer, load the file cabinets and the microfiche...

You can't screenshot the parameters?

By the time anyone needs to mess with it there's not going to be a way to pay to change them anyhow

I can screenshoot (?) the parameters, but there are soooooo many of them I was hoping to find a way to document certain ones. But maybe a screenshot would be enough. (Our resident expert is going in for back surgery soon, so if I'm going to get an answer I'd better get it soon.)

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can screenshoot (?) the parameters, but there are soooooo many of them I was hoping to find a way to document certain ones. But maybe a screenshot would be enough. (Our resident expert is going in for back surgery soon, so if I'm going to get an answer I'd better get it soon.)

Maybe save it as a PDF and highlight the ones you care about?

It doesn't really matter if the program is locked down.

I used to have some rocket software that was written by an ex military programmer.

You could only export from it with an algorithmic key through call and answer

You called a phone number, gave your software serial number and the challenge code. Depending on the Zulu time a key was generated and you had to use it within a minute.

It was madness, but it was as secure as the freaking nuclear football! 🤣🤣🤣

Maybe save it as a PDF and highlight the ones you care about?

It doesn't really matter if the program is locked down.

I used to have some rocket software that was written by an ex military programmer.

You could only export from it with an algorithmic key through call and answer

You called a phone number, gave your software serial number and the challenge code. Depending on the Zulu time a key was generated and you had to use it within a minute.

It was madness, but it was as secure as the freaking nuclear football! 🤣🤣🤣

I could print it to a pdf, if that's what you mean, as I have a pdf "printer" called Bullzip. Then I could highlight areas, circle them, etc. :nabble_smiley_good:

I could print it to a pdf, if that's what you mean, as I have a pdf "printer" called Bullzip. Then I could highlight areas, circle them, etc. :nabble_smiley_good:

Went to install new throttle cable today and it's easily twice as long as the original cable. So instead of installing that I lubed the original up with ATF and worked it in and blew compressed air into the cable sheath as best as I could and got the cable fully lubricated. I no longer need the additional throttle return spring and I put a new zip tie on the pedal end to take up the extra slack from having an aftermarket carb with the throttle ball farther back than OEM. The throttle has never felt so nice on this thing. 422595998_308407068431890_6034475351591621473_n.jpg.d14854e3dbdf3ff7d923eeee19ae60f6.jpg

Went to install new throttle cable today and it's easily twice as long as the original cable. So instead of installing that I lubed the original up with ATF and worked it in and blew compressed air into the cable sheath as best as I could and got the cable fully lubricated. I no longer need the additional throttle return spring and I put a new zip tie on the pedal end to take up the extra slack from having an aftermarket carb with the throttle ball farther back than OEM. The throttle has never felt so nice on this thing.

Glad you got it lubed and the slack out. That can make a huge difference! :nabble_anim_claps:

Glad you got it lubed and the slack out. That can make a huge difference! :nabble_anim_claps:

Has anybody come up with a better idea to take the slack out of the cable using aftermarket carburetors other than using a zip tie? it works but there has to be a better way.

Has anybody come up with a better idea to take the slack out of the cable using aftermarket carburetors other than using a zip tie? it works but there has to be a better way.

Could use a single hole aluminum crimp stop sleeve after grinding a slot in it and grinding to length?

I've also seen more than one truck that had the top of the pedal bent forward.

Could use a single hole aluminum crimp stop sleeve after grinding a slot in it and grinding to length?

I've also seen more than one truck that had the top of the pedal bent forward.

You know, those longer lead fishing weights I bet would work pretty well also. Grind to length, crimp it onto the cable, it has a crimp stop right in front of the zip tie I have on there anyways so that would stop it from sliding.

You know, those longer lead fishing weights I bet would work pretty well also. Grind to length, crimp it onto the cable, it has a crimp stop right in front of the zip tie I have on there anyways so that would stop it from sliding.

Yep - same idea and I assume available locally (I am still using a hand me down tacklebox from the 80s so haven't bought fishing supplies in a long time).

Let us know how it goes. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yep - same idea and I assume available locally (I am still using a hand me down tacklebox from the 80s so haven't bought fishing supplies in a long time).

Let us know how it goes. :nabble_smiley_good:

Biting down on a split chunk of lead you cast yourself from a smoldering pot of scrap car battery plates, sitting on the wood stove in a tiny cabin with no ventilation

😆

Oh, the memories!

Do you need to lose it from the end?

Or make the sleeve/sheath longer?

Like in the case of a throttle cable where the end snaps over the ball stud.

Because you can use the adjuster nut or screw from a bicycle/motorcycle cable.

These are slotted so you can fit the cable to the lever base.

Adjuster screws are meant to fit over and hold the ferrule* on the end of a cable sheath...

You can cut the screw to length of need be. 💡